Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Directions from Hotel Campanlle to the RLD
Posted: 2005-10-17, 8:24 pm

J+S11624
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Can someone please tell me the best tram or bus or taxi to take from this hotel to the RLD.
The Hotel is at Loosdrechtdreef 3 Thanks
Re: Directions from Hotel Campanlle to the RLD
Posted: 2005-10-18, 5:33 am

Larry
Man your hotel is out in the boonies across the street from Gaasperpark but not to worry it's very near to the last stop on the #53 metro (subway) line that will take you to Nieuwmarkt the stop just before Centraal Station. From Nieuwmarkt metro station it's no more than three blocks to the main RLD.

After midnight the 357 Gasperplas nightbus from Centraal Station and Damrak (Dam Square) will take you home. Probably take about 30 minutes to get there though.

Since you're way out and it's a 3 strippen ride I'd say a 24, 48, or 72 hour transportation pass is your best bet especially if you're using the night bus where only hour passes and EUR 3 are accepted.

www.gvb.nl and www.9292ov.nl ...have all the details.
Posted: 2005-10-20, 1:32 am

J+S11624
Thanks so much for the info. Can you use the 24 hr pass on the trams also? Is there any thing out in that arae to do or see? Any coffee shops?
Posted: 2005-10-20, 4:17 am

Larry
I'm doubtful there's any recommended coffeeshops nearby. Gaasperpark might be enjoyable for natural beauty. I'm not positive but I think you won't want to be wondering about this chiefly residential neighborhood near your hotel.

The hourpasses are good on all GVB vehicles including the trams, (night)buses, and the metro.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: