Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
The truth is out there.Don't look far just go to A'dam.
Posted: 2005-10-26, 11:48 am

alexis
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello to everybody. As i said at my previous posts i went for vacations at Amsterdam during August. From the moment i step at the city my heartbeat was increasily dramaticaly. I was happy. Anyway i had a wonderful experience there. From the moment i left my mind is always there. I am thinking Amsterdam everyday. I drink a lot everyday and i am thinking and thinking and thinking and dreaming and feeling nostalgic for and drinking. My life changed to something else. I have a girlfriend which i am living with her in a beautiful house. I don't care about her anymore, i don't care about my life, i care only for this city. It's so amazing there. I am living tommorow for A'dam from Thessaloniki. I am greek guy 26 years old who is happy only with a trip there. My life changed. I know that!. I have a friend at Amsterdam.He is from Greece too. He is a bit older(32years),he managed 7 years before to dump everything here in Greece and went in Amsterdam for a new life. Now he owns a videostore, he is married, and HE IS LIVING THERE. I want to be like him. I have the will for this. I don't want anything ridiculus. Just a work and a house. For me the enrichment is something that doesn't bother me at all. I will make this big change during January and trust if you don't risk in your life, it doesn't worth it to live. That's my opinion and i strongly believe in that. Here in Greece i work as a support enginnering at the IT department of a big company. My sallary is fine but my life is boring. So i came to a deadend. I throw all these away and i am starting something new. If i fail no hard feelings at least i believed in a dream, my dream.
Re: The truth is out there.Don't look far just go to A'dam.
Posted: 2005-10-26, 1:21 pm

luther vandross
Alexis, my friend, you are preaching to the choir. The lives we have are not dress rehearsals for something to follow, but the big Show itself. Carpe diem and pursue your dreams. As the Dutch say, "Succes!"

Posted: 2005-10-26, 5:52 pm

eddie69
Alexis go for it. I know all too well the obsession amsterdam can cause. I am jealous that you can do what you want. good luck Ed
Posted: 2005-10-26, 7:54 pm

PARAQUAT
Follow your dreams my friend.

Paraquat
Posted: 2005-10-26, 8:41 pm

greta
as John Lennon said

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

Go for it!

greta
The shame is not in failing but in......................
Posted: 2005-10-26, 10:46 pm

Roland Power Kat
not pursuing your dream. Go for it. Take the chance to make yourself happy. It is a great city and with your desire to be there I am sure that you will succeed. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2005-10-27, 1:55 am

MrB
If you've got the balls..........................go for it..........you'll never look back...................
Posted: 2005-10-27, 2:39 am

dizbuster34
Alexis-I KNOW Exactly how you feel about this awesome city. I've been there 6 times in less than 3 yrs. I dream about Amsterdam each night, going to my favorite coffeeshops & wondering the city itself. Some dreams have friends of mine that want to go, but never have set foot in the fair city. I tell people that "It's the Happiest Place on Earth." Every chance I get, weather it be at a concert, club or just out & about. I'll have an Amsterdam or concert shirt from one of the many & totally kick-ass metal fests & someone will ask about it. I sing the praises of Amsterdam. I return in 24 days in time for the Cannabis Cup. I've got friends that I'll see there once again. I can not wait!!!
Posted: 2005-10-27, 3:02 am

oidar
I would sell my soul to the Devil for an eu passport. It's a shame he already owns it.

Posted: 2005-10-27, 1:15 pm

alexis
Thank you . I really appreciate your good words. I want and something else. I am really confused about how i will start all these things. What should i do first? Work permit? Resident permit? Sofi number? Can someone explain to me how all these works? There is also a site called expatica which talk about these things. Thank's again in advance.

ps: What is succes in dutch?
Posted: 2005-10-27, 4:49 pm

Rainer
Alexis, it is better to regret something you have done than something you haven't: GO FOR IT!!!

Posted: 2005-10-27, 5:47 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
You can get lots of information at expatica

http://www.expatica.com/source/forum_fo ... nnel_id=17
Posted: 2005-10-28, 4:32 pm

luther vandross
"Succes" in Dutch simply means "Good luck" or "Knock 'em dead" as we say in the US. Maybe with all the killing in the world, that is not the best term to use, even if it is meant figuratively.

[ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: