Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
PARAQUAT, Axxxtw
Posted: 2005-10-27, 2:21 am

MrB
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Thanks Guys's

Never again will I stay in a hotel - no chance, staying in the apartment on singel is outstanding, wake up in the morning, make a coffee and take ten steps outside and stand on the bridge overlooking the canal's smoking some white widow......does life get get better????

Then you go back inside and heat up your leftovers from the night before - beef with onions,thai basil and chilli's from Chao Pryaya on Nieumarkt - first place to eat as soon as i'm in the Dam.
Then maybe over to Lie Vie en Proost for a few beers and a couple of dances and then round the Wallen to find some fine ladies................and there's plenty to chose from.............

Heaven..............

Here's to next time................
Re: PARAQUAT, Axxxtw
Posted: 2005-10-27, 4:53 am

PARAQUAT
Mr. B,

It's as close to heaven on earth that I have found. I am glad you had such a great time and I know what you mean about never a hotel again, once you go flat you never go back.

Love to hear a post on some of your favorite experiences or some of your favorite flavors.

Rock on,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-10-27, 8:44 pm

easy601
Hi. I like the idea of a flat / apartment. How much do you pay for say two nights..? do they accept single people...? could i stay just one night...? and finally where do you find the information and contacts for these apartments. It sounds really good to me.
Cheers

Posted: 2005-10-27, 10:52 pm

curiious
last apartment I looked at on singel was owned by a really nice guy but he wanted people to rent it for a long time. He considered 3 - 6 months to be the shortest period of time he'd rent it for. Nice spot though, just a block away from grey area with a livingroom view of the singel canal. went for around $1000 a month or so, for a nice, relatively luxurious street-level 1 bedroom apartment. Have his business card somewhere but just can't find it

His parents left him the building actually, subdivided into a couple of business offices and a couple of apartments. He was hoping the tenants would stay for years and years and just wire the money into his account so he'd never have to put any time at all into managing it.

but if there's another one available on a more temporary basis I'd like to see it.
Posted: 2005-10-28, 4:55 am

PARAQUAT
Hey Easy,

I use Citymundo.com it is 100 euros a night for 1 person or for 2. They charge 50 euros a night each but with a double occupancy rule. Very professional, I have used them for the past 3 years with no troubles so far. Many different apartments to choose from in locations all over the city. I think they may have a minimum stay of 3 days but I'm not certain.

Good Luck,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-10-28, 4:58 pm

easy601
Thanks for the information. I travel alone so i do need a single occupancy apartment. max two nights
Thanks once again.
Cheers

Posted: 2005-10-28, 6:15 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
easy601, You might try www.vrbo.com I've had good luck with it, in the past. ...Cooter

Posted: 2005-10-28, 10:53 pm

FlexgrSupporting Member
Supporting Member
How do you arrange to pick up the keys? I usually fly in at night and it's 10:00 pm or later when I make it into the city.
Posted: 2005-10-28, 11:11 pm

Joehorse
You'd set up a time to meet with the owner/rentor.
That's what I've done.
Posted: 2005-10-28, 11:37 pm

easy601
Thanks Cooter and Para... for your help. i will post any information i gain. Cheers

Posted: 2005-10-31, 5:52 pm

conman
Check out the privately owned and managed offerings at

http://www.amsterdamrentaflat.com/

You can rent any one of two different apartments, as well as a fully contained studio on Reestraat, bordered by the Prinsengracht and Keizergracht canals. That puts the location very close to the Singel and the Wallen, the apartment is very close to the Westertoren and Anna Frank House and is less than 10 minutes walk from Dam Square and the Royal Palace. A very pretty location, and no noisy trams, although you will see the occasional horse drawn carriage.

The most affordable is the Studio @ 60 Euro a night for single occupancy.
Fully furnished with a complete description here
http://www.amsterdamstudio.com/

For the price I can't see any reason at all to stay anywhere else. .

In part due to the success of the Studio there are also two more apartments in the same building.

Bigger and more spacious, thus better suited for up to 6 people is the Amsterdam Choice apartment. Go to
http://www.amsterdamchoice.com/

Now available for short and long term rentals ,the first floor at 21 Reestraat is a luxury maisonette apartment that is the past has been used as a filming location. Scenes from Ocean 12 were shot on Reestraat, as it is just around the corner from the 5 star Pulitzer Sheraton Hotel on the Prinsengracht .

Xaviera Hollander, long time Penthouse columnist and world-renowned as "The Happy Hooker", apparently used the luxury maisonette apartment to shoot a documentary while working as a consultant for BBC.

You can get complete info for the 1st floor apt. at
http://www.amsterdamluxury.com/

I heartily recommend the affordable accomadations at 21 Reestraat, and have stayed there so often that I will always return for the VIP treatment, as well as not having to put up with the Hotel scene. Apartments are the way to go, these privately held and managed flats are a good taste of what Amsterdam has to offer. i don't want to raise peoples expectations too high, but there is really no comparison to hotels. And with the money you save eating in, you can easily afford to eat out when you choose to. I am a pretty frugal person, have stayed in accomodations from dorm style bunks in Hostels, to Hotels ranging from 2-4 stars. I'd rather spend 60 Euro for a fully self contained apartment, than 20 euro for a bed in a hostel anyday. Plus IMO, you can't beat the location or the beautiful scenery of Reestaat. Can you tell I'm really homesick for AMS? I am.
Re: Additional Flats in Amsterdam Centre
Posted: 2005-10-31, 7:28 pm

Luther Head
Nice tip, Conman. I will be having friends and family coming to town in the next ten months and this looks like a distinct, value-based possibility. thanks.
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: