Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Breeder's Cup tips?
Posted: 2005-10-28, 6:52 pm

luther vandross
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Okay, I'm going out on limb here asking this question, but then again, maybe not, as equine handicapping is one of the addictive arts, just as sex, drugs, and drink are.
Anyone got a nice long shot for us tomorrow? I just started looking at the fields today, so as of now I don't have any sure thing (by the way, for those not in the know, there is no such thing as a "sure thing" when it comes to the Sport of Kings), but I'll keep looking.
This would be a great time for one of our Britsh or Irish cousins to come through with one of those "euros" that will be overlooked at the windows at Belmont and Keeneland and Santa Anita....
Will I get any responses?

Posted: 2005-10-28, 10:32 pm

luther vandross
Can I get a witness? I need some of that "green salad of salvation"!

Posted: 2005-10-28, 10:47 pm

Rainer
Bet Neil Drysdale's horse on the turf race. I think its name is Fourty Niners Son. You'll get a good price too.

Posted: 2005-10-29, 1:15 am

luther vandross
That's good chatter from Boston! I'll stick him, at 15-1 morning line, with Borego and Shakespeare in an exacta box. Thanks. Drysdale is always worth a bet, 'cause he brings 'em in ready to run.

Posted: 2005-10-29, 2:54 pm

ignatbandit
have a look here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/show ... hp?t=20414
Re: Breeder's Cup tips?
Posted: 2005-10-29, 6:01 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
When I met Luther in Amsterdam last week, I was impressed by his knowledge of the sport of kings. So Luther, I followed in your footsteps and placed the same win and exacta bets. If it comes in we should put a few euros aside for a feast at Koh I Noor in January. Good Luck!
Posted: 2005-10-29, 6:09 pm

Rainer
Remember, success has many fathers but failure is an orphan. If you lose I will say that there is no such thing as a sure thing, and why the hell are you listening to me anyway, but if you win, expect me to show up and demand a percentage.

Drysdale always does well in turf races, and he doesn't enter a horse unless he thinks the horse is live and has a chance to win. He has won this same race in the past.

Posted: 2005-10-29, 6:32 pm

luther vandross
Rainer, ABC, and Ignatbandit,

I went with a hunch bet in the Distaff: Pleasant Home. I'm currently living in Amsterdam, which is indeed a pleasant home, therefore.... Not a bad hunch when you get the giant killer himself, Shug McGaughey, as trainer. You get Pleasant Colony on the mare side, and we all know how the Pleasant Colony horses love a route of ground. At 20-1 morning line, well worth a flyer.
Time to get ready to go to the Irish Pub on the Rokin for a couple of cold Stella's and the greatest day of horse racing . I'll report back the results.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Posted: 2005-10-29, 8:16 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
On the hunch front, why not Pleasant Home and Healthy Addiction in an exacta in the Distaff
Posted: 2005-10-29, 10:37 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Well done Luther, Pleasant Home wins and pays $63.50!
Posted: 2005-10-30, 1:08 am

luther vandross
Yeah, I did okay. Put up $61 total and got back about $220 for a net of $160, which evens me out because my bike got stolen today (didn't do the double lock), so I'll need to get another. Also, was only able to watch the last three races because The Kara bartender was intent on watching football. Oh well, good day over all. On the b-ball scene, my boys defeated the league leader, a previously undefeated team.

This is Luther Vandross signing off for the last time. Time to give the name a rest and let my namesake rest in peace. Luther, thanks for all the love tracks to those endless romantic couplings. To paraphrase Moses Malone's mother, "ya done good". Peace, real Luther Vandross.

[ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: