Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Frisco Inn for 50E or IBIS Stopera for 77E?
Posted: 2005-11-03, 3:51 pm

ottoinct
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
What a great forum! First time visiting this month and will be meeting up with 2 friends while there. But I need a basic place for 2 days when I'm there on my own. I'm seeking bang for the buck accommodations, and based on what I've culled from here, IBIS Stopera, Atlanta Hotel, Rho, and Frisco Inn all will do the job well enough for my tastes.

Is the Stopera worth 27E more per night over the Frisco? Neither rate includes breakfast.

During these 2 days I'm solo, I'm going to walk about checking out coffeshops, quaffing a pint or two, and perusing the RLD. Noise at night is irrelevant as I coast off to sleep with my Ipod jamming into my in-ear-canal 'phones. BTW I can highly recommend the Shure E3 earphones using the yellow foamies to totally drown out noise, especially on airplanes! I'm not a Shure employee, just ballzout happy with 'em.

I'll post a trip report when I return. Thanks!
Re: Frisco Inn for 50E or IBIS Stopera for 77E?
Posted: 2005-11-03, 4:00 pm

Luther Head
My recommendation is stay away from the Atlanta, the time or two I stayed there, the room was cramped and I think it got kind of loud because of the square. Then again, maybe it's very convenient to the action. Just doesn't seem to be the best value.
Posted: 2005-11-03, 4:14 pm

420 Power Kat
I have stayed at the Ibis Stopera and highly reccommend it . The rooms were ample in size and clean. Make sure and ask for a room overlooking the canal in back and as high up as possible. The caveat of staying at the Stopera is that its a bit of a walk to the Wallen. You can take one of the trams just down the street or the metro. It is close to the Rembrandtsplein and
Blue Bird Coffeeshop. Most of the other Hotels you mentioned will most likely give you a pretty small single room relative to the size of the rooms at the Ibis.

If your trying to secure a more centrally located room at a reasonable price I would suggest the France Hotel. One other suggestion, go to the VVV Tourist Information Center outside of the train station and you can get some pretty good (same day) deals. I rarely make reservations any longer due to my constant change of plans, I save a lot of money using the VVV and highly reccommend it.

Posted: 2005-11-10, 2:44 am

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
i usually use bookings.nl or eurocheapo.com but i'm interested in trying the VVV. what rates on what hotels have you managed to get on the same day?

cheers.
Posted: 2005-11-10, 4:05 am

warbird
I've stayed at the Ibis Stopera a number of times and found it quite satisfactory. The walk to the Wallen is not so far and a stop at the Blue Bird on the way is nice.

Posted: 2005-11-10, 5:01 am

420 Power Kat
Anyday,

I booked the Dikker and Thysiss for 50% off the rack rate last May,, same day. Also got a screaming deal at the NH City Centre for 65 E including breakfast,, These deals are "same day" only and are based on the vacancy rate of their preferred Hotels. I have had great success in other cities as well using their tourist info centers located at the airport or train stations..

Posted: 2005-11-10, 6:15 am

llambert6936
Hey 420

So the VVV only sells rooms for 1 night at a time? And if I'm going to be there on the last day of the Cup, the 24th, are they going to have rooms available. I'm deciding between reserving a room now or waiting until I get there. How much do the rooms usually cost at VVV? Thanks.
Posted: 2005-11-10, 4:50 pm

420 Power Kat
They reserve for more than one day at a time. I always ask if they are booked for the following nights as well just in case I want to stay on. I always book a single and once I arrive at the Hotel I always ask if it is possible to upgrade (without charge). Depending on the time of year and days of the week, it is very possible to get upgraded. I ended up paying 89E at the Dikker and Thyiss for a 4th floor canal view suite. Last visit.

Regarding the C.Cup dates (24th), you should be able to score a good room same day,, but get there as early as possible.. Weekend's are much more of a crap shoot and you have to be alot more flexible with your locations.

Good luck,, Will be using the same service on the 23rd when I arrive.

[ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: