Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
krasnapolsky apartment question
Posted: 2005-11-15, 5:28 pm

dolfino
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I just booked a junior apartment for five days from nov. 24th-29th. 109 Euro a night. Seems like a great deal. Anybody ever stay in one of these apartments? Why is it so much cheaper than a room in the hotel?
Re: krasnapolsky apartment question
Posted: 2005-11-15, 5:42 pm

rubadubdub
I just stayed in one last week... didn't plan to but the hotel upgraded me!...

I had a great canal view, more space then I knew what to do with, a lounge, tv, hi fi, micorwave etc... dunno why it is cheaper... but well worth it... its not cleaned like your room daily but you have enough towels etc to get you thru the stay... and for convenience it can't be beat...

1 minute walk and your at the rld...

enjoy it buddy... I know I did and was well worth it..
Posted: 2005-11-15, 6:38 pm

Luther Head
Rub,

By any chance did you and two other fellas get in the tub at the same time? Just wondering....
Posted: 2005-11-15, 9:21 pm

rubadubdub
unfortunately... twas just me on me own... in the tub :o)
Posted: 2005-11-15, 9:21 pm

arthur72001
I've stayed there a few times in the past at €99 a night. I think it is one of the best value deals in the city centre - so keep it to yourself! You get a front door key and an electronic room card, so you can come (fnaar, fnaar) and go as you please. Most of the amenities you will need are provided and those that hotels don't usually offer are right on your doorstep!

There seems to be a wide variety of junior apartments available, of many shapes and sizes. Some may hard to reach if you have alot of luggage. Boy, those stairs are steep.

The best part for me is that, if you are there for a week, there is no cleaning service - you can lie in as much as you like and not have your hangover disturbed.
Posted: 2005-11-15, 10:00 pm

dolfino
glad to hear this. Can't wait to get there. I must haved checked this site 10 times a day since I booked the trip. Just a couple more questions. Is there a washer/dryer & what kind of stereo system?
Posted: 2005-11-15, 10:18 pm

Mr.Plug
Yes, they have a washer and dryer in the kitchen in MOST apartments (I'm not sure all). Good luck trying to figure out how to use it though, the one we had was a combo washer and dryer (one unit did both, supposedly) with all kinds of dials and icons. We never figured it out!

And yes, there is a mini-stereo system (CD player & radio) in the apartments.

Some of the junior apartments have private balconies also. That'd be great to get one of those.
Posted: 2005-11-15, 10:56 pm

gezellig
Hi Fellas

Did you book via hotels.nl or has the Kras got its own site for the appartments? Like the sound of one of these for trip #10 in 2006.

Cheers
G~
Posted: 2005-11-15, 11:31 pm

arthur72001
I've used both bookings.nl and hotels.nl - sometimes one will show availability when the other doesn't.

I must have stayed there 5-6 times and never had the same apartment twice. Each time there has been a washer/dryer in the apartment, but I've often struggled to understand how it works!
Posted: 2005-11-16, 12:07 am

rubadubdub
You can book through hotels.nl... I also struggled with the appliances but was too stoned to care... one block is located at 224 Oudezijds Voorburgwal next to the Bulldog Hotel...
Posted: 2005-11-19, 1:41 am

super141
does anybody know if the hotel or the apartments in this hotel, are hash smoking frendly, if not any other hotels are
Posted: 2005-11-19, 10:49 am

rubadubdub
u can smoke happily away.... the apartment i was in had a large hot rock burn in the sofa so i think its pretty much expected...
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: