Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Luxer Hotel
Posted: 2005-11-23, 4:24 pm

TIM
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi Folks,

Being just a touch "thrifty", I often stay at the Old Nickel which, although basic, is only €30 per room.
I noticed the Luxer Hotel just round the corner & it looked very comfy & tidy. It would be €70 a night and I'm considering that. It is online but the site is not "secure". You can provide your card details for confirmation but there's no little padlock!
Anybody got any thoughts or comments on this?
Re: Luxer Hotel
Posted: 2005-11-23, 6:37 pm

woodie
Try going through www.hotels.nl. A secure site which I've used on half a dozen occasions - no problems at all. They have great deals and they only require credit card details to guarantee the booking - payment is made to the hotel on checking in - cash and cards etc. If you fail to turn up or cancel your booking 24 hrs prior to arrival, then the card you used for the booking will be charged with the amount for the 1st night. Hope this helps
Posted: 2005-11-23, 7:02 pm

TIM
Thanks for that Woodie. I checked Bookings and they quoted me €360 for 3 days! Booking directly would be €70 per night, or €210. How on earth do they work it out?
Posted: 2005-11-23, 9:54 pm

EasyE
TIM,

I had the same question last month when I booked 26,30 and 31 December at the Luxer. It was through tobook.nl. I considered booking over the telephone but they quoted me E80 per night (opposed to E70 on the site).
Anyway, I booked online, got a confirmation, printed it out and am now just keeping an eye on my credit card statements. Fingers crossed, I won't have any problems.
E
PS- I did have to pay more for the 30th and 31st as there were no single person rooms available.
Posted: 2005-11-24, 12:16 am

TIM
Thanks for that, EasyE. I've sent them an email but will most likely need to do what you did. About time they used a secure site for bookings.
Posted: 2005-11-24, 2:32 pm

TIM
EasyE, have you stayed at the Luxer before? As I said, I usually stay at the Old Nickel, but noticed the Luxer across the street and it looked clean, tidy & comfy.
Posted: 2005-11-24, 4:37 pm

TIM
Hi again EasyE,

I just booked the Luxer through Tobook's secure site at the same price of €70 per night. Greatly appreciated your tip. Thanks. They took my card details and stated that it would not be debited. Payment presumably on arrival. A slight anomaly: they said there would be a €5 surcharge for payment by card and yet the hotel site states that there is no charge! Have you stayed there or do you know anyone who has? Too late now anyway!
Posted: 2005-11-24, 6:18 pm

EasyE
Hi TIM-

I stayed there for the first time this past September after reading threads on this great site (search "Luxer"). When I booked, it was a verbal reservation on the phone. I forgot to mention this in my last post.
It's everything one needs; safe, relatively quiet, clean room and bathroom, TV, light breakfast display with a cuppucino machine and a really cool staff. I had a ground floor room and have requested one for Dec. And the best part is that it's a short tromp to the Tromp!

Any more Q's- let me know. Have a great stay and let us know how it went.

E
Posted: 2005-11-24, 9:09 pm

TIM
A ground floor room? Errrr, is that so as one doesn't stumble up the stairs! Should I request a ground floor room?
Posted: 2005-11-24, 10:08 pm

amsterdamfan
no probs with stairs at the luxer there is a Elevator
stayed there last feb then again this oct i think you have picked a nice hotel m8

have a good trip
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: