Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Man dies after Amsterdam attack
Posted: 2005-11-25, 10:13 pm

peter craig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
A man died and another was left seriously injured after they were stabbed in an attack in Amsterdam.
Cleveland Police said they are in regular contact with police in Holland, who have started a murder inquiry.

The two men are both thought to be from Teesside but police said they had not been able to contact family members.

A police spokesman said they could not confirm the two men had been in Holland to watch Middlesbrough's goalless draw with AZ Alkmaar on Thursday.

Det Ch Supt Mark Braithwaite, from Cleveland Police, said the two men were in a bar called Pinocchio's in central Amsterdam in the early hours of Friday when it appeared there was a confrontation with a third man.

Briton arrested

He said the three went outside where there was a stabbing in the street.

Two senior detectives from Cleveland Police are in regular contact with the Dutch authorities and there is a possibility they will fly out to Amsterdam over the weekend.

Police are appealing for anyone who was in the bar to contact them.

Middlesbrough FC media and communications manager, Dave Allan, said: "Cleveland Police are keeping the football club fully informed as more information becomes available."

Police said in a separate incident in Alkmaar, a Dutch man suffered serious injuries in an attack with a glass. A British national was arrested in connection with the incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/4471190.stm
Re: Man dies after Amsterdam attack
Posted: 2005-11-25, 10:40 pm

Wim Admin
The two men left Pinokkio's in Warmoesstraat around 3 am. In Oudezijdsarmsteeg they were approached by a drugs-dealer when the conflict ignited. One of them died in hospital, the other is also seriously injured.
Posted: 2005-11-25, 11:54 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Bad news indeed you go to watch your team in europe and come home in a wooden box :-(
RIP
Posted: 2005-11-26, 2:51 am

withnail Power Kat
that is a terrible shame indeed. there appeared to be hundreds of middlesboro fans around the red light district on thursday daytime and yesterday evening and all in good spirits. i dont think the poor bastards had a dry minute while they were here and this just puts a further dampener on things.

withnail
Posted: 2005-11-26, 1:12 pm

madeyes
I can't imagine ever having a dry minute on an away trip in Europe though i've never been to the Netherlands to watch the bears.

My condolences to the brereaved family.

Posted: 2005-11-26, 1:28 pm

gezellig
The Times reported today, "...a man tried to sell them drugs and stabbed both of them when they refused to take up on his offer."
Posted: 2005-11-26, 7:28 pm

Wim Admin
The murderer , a 42 year old man, is arrested in his house. There were clear witness reports and he was known in the police registers as a drugs-dealer.
Posted: 2005-11-26, 10:34 pm

amsterdamfan
thats good news wim thanks
Posted: 2005-11-26, 11:17 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Why can't the Dutch police break up the packs of street dealers/scammers that have haunted the same tiny RLD areas now for years? For example at the north end of the canals, around Febo...a couple other key points. ..a few months of relentless prosecution of even petty crimes, and applying pressure bordering on harassment, could change things.
Posted: 2005-11-26, 11:48 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Iknow what your saying mate, Its the same faces same fucking bullshit everytime you go, the first bridge after Lange Neizel is the worst its fuckin unreal. I knocked one of these stinking bastards out one night right on his arse. All the tourists were cheering but when i think back fuckin stupid it could have been a knife in ma gut. Time the peelers got these arseholes to fuck. Fucking parasites. In sayin all this i still reckon youll get more hassle in a saturday night in Glasgow than you will in Amsterdam on a sat night.
Posted: 2005-11-27, 12:36 am

amsterdamfan
the killer is 27years old just found this >>>> http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 ... 26,00.html
Posted: 2005-11-27, 4:03 am

tw25rw Power Kat
I think the police largely ignore the lowlife around the RLD rather than move them on to places where they are less welcome, Leidseplein etc..

Posted: 2005-11-27, 5:39 pm

Wim Admin
" I think the police largely ignore the lowlife around the RLD rather than move them on to places where they are less welcome, Leidseplein etc.."

This is a well known fact , there are committees urging the police to get control of the nowhere land that is the RLD and adjacent streets (and the Warmoesstraat police office) after midnight. Generally these types are arrested every time again to trade in their illegal stuff , they have only very small amounts, they can lead the way to find the real suppliers.

The better late night / earlymorning shags can be found in Singel-area.
Posted: 2005-11-28, 1:15 am

Tinlip
Hi amsterdamfan I was in the dam for the match with AZ Alkmaar got home friday to hear the sad news .

Theres been no press release to the names of the victims due to problems the police are having contacting relatives. some of use believe we know them but obviously wont say any names until it is confirmed

is there any update on the offender. Previous dutch sources suggest that he will be back on the street in a weeks time ( thats the way it is in the dam)
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: