Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Opium Dens
Posted: 2005-11-30, 8:31 pm

attymn
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
About 10 years ago, a friend of mine told me that he dreamed of going to Amsterdam and visiting their "opium dens." Since then, I've been to the Dam twice. I've enjoyed some great weed, hash, 'shrooms, and, of course, fantastic women, but I haven't encountered any opium dens.
Is this just a myth, or are there such places in A'dam? Maybe decades ago?
Re: Opium Dens
Posted: 2005-11-30, 8:36 pm

Dam_04
I think it may just be a figure of speach for 'Coffeeshop' I'm only young and no expert but i've been going for 5 years or so to Dam and have never heard of these. If you do find any though let me know!

Dam_04

Posted: 2005-11-30, 9:54 pm

Luther Head
Go to the Kashmir Lounge out beyond the tourist stuff and sit in the front room with all the pillows on the floor. That might give a bit of the flavor. Unless you bring your own, you'll have to eschew the opium for some black hash, which some say may, or may not, be laced with something stronger.
Posted: 2005-11-30, 10:59 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Luther, have you found a good way to see parts of the city away from the Centrum?
Posted: 2005-12-01, 1:49 am

curiious
never saw one there.
Posted: 2005-12-01, 5:20 am

Luther Head
Yes. One way is to go to the coffeeshops outside the city center like Katsu and the Kash.mir Lounge. It's a different, less commercial vibe.
Posted: 2005-12-03, 4:38 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I've been to both and have spent time walking around the end of most tram lines but would like to cover more ground.
This trip I might rent a car just to tour around outside the Centrum. A local with a car might be better as a cab would be too expensive.
Posted: 2005-12-03, 8:42 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Opium is considered a hard drug and is illegal in the Netherlands.

If you have ever smoked real opium you know it has a very distinct smell, taste and high- if you ever get a piece of hash laced with opium you will know it in an instant.

I have never come across a piece of hash laced with opium in Ams in the last six years.

Back in the 1980's we would get moroc or lebanese which had been given a bath in a raw opium nectar- those were the days. Speaking of old school we would also get the original CA. skunk, Colombian Gold and authentic opiated Thai Sticks back in the same era. Memories of a delicious youth.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: