Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Taxi costs
Posted: 2005-12-06, 11:19 am

big_softee
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi - can anyone give me an idea how much a taxi might cost to get me from Centraal Station to Coby's (Haarlemmeerstraat)? I see from posts here that a tram runs pretty close but can I trouble you for instructions as to how I get a ticket for the tram?

Many thanks
Re: Taxi costs
Posted: 2005-12-06, 11:34 am

roys6484
Avoid taxi's for city trips. The Tram Day Ticket is best.

You should be able to get one outside the Central Station - although I get mine from my hotel on arrival.

try this link for more information:

http://www.gvb.nl/english/travellers/ti ... icket.html
Re: Taxi costs
Posted: 2005-12-06, 12:01 pm

axxxtw Founder
a tram probably will run you about 2.40€ from CS---you can purchase tickets onboard the tram. you tell the conductor where you're going. or if you're planning to use the trams more often go to any tabac, magazine place, albert heijn (supermarket) and purchase a multi-ride strippenkart---various denominations are available ranging from 6.50 to 20.€ ---these cut the price considerably, it's also more convenient. you tell the conductor where you're going, they deduct the amt from the card. other info about this is available on our "public transport" page.

tram #1 will take you almost directly to Cobys---it's just a short walk away. the stop is called Surinameplein. Haarlemmermeerstraat runs off of that---stops are announced on the tram. newer trams also have electronic sign displays which display each stop.
Coby is about 100 yds down the street.

no idea what a taxi costs---but as most people here give the impression of being exceptionally cheap and miserly---obsessed with wringing every cent out of anything they have to pay for, avoid the taxi, unless you're at the club past midnight, when the trams stop.

[ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: