Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 38 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Advice on Bangkok
Posted: 2007-10-05, 9:36 pm

nhughes100
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've decided I'm finally going to Bangkok. I want the full experience including soapies, couple of girls at a time and shemales. I'm looking for advice on where to stay and where to go. I was looking at the sky tower hotel, is this in a good location for the nightlife? Nana and Soi Cowboy seem to be the best recommendations. I want a hotel that does not mind or notice guests back to the room. Is there any good websites or forums? I already know about bangkok bob and there's some good stuff there.

thanks in advance.
Re: Advice on Bangkok
Posted: 2007-10-05, 10:13 pm

clipper27
Lots of info on the LB69 forum, both on Pattaya and on Bangkok. www.lb-69.com/forum. Good luck with the hunt!
Posted: 2007-10-06, 12:27 am

ChokDi
Bangkok Bob is probably the best general site for Bangkok, but is not very nightlife focussed. Try http://www.bangkokeyes.com/ and http://www.davetheravebangkok.com/ for more nightlife oriented sites.

Hotels can be a bit of a minefield: if you want to monger, you need a “guest-friendly” hotel which will allow you to bring in overnight guests – which rules out a lot of the upmarket places. Even the ones which will allow in a guest are likely to charge of “joiner fee”, which usually isn’t much (500 – 800 Baht) but gets to be very irritating after a while …

The classic monger’s hotels are the Nana Hotel, right opposite Nana Plaza, and the Dynasty Inn, about 25 metres down the road. Both are guest friendly, do not charge a joiner fee, and generate more sexual energy every night than most small towns do in a year.

Massage Parlours are in a different part of town from Nana and Cowboy, spread out over four or five areas – usually a taxi ride from the Sukhumvit foreigners ghetto. Try doing a web search for Chao Phaya 2 (aka CP2) and J-One. Your mileage may vary as to which you like, but one thing to remember is that a lot of parlours pay a kick-back to the taxi driver who delivers you to their door, and guess whose bill that gets added to ..? Its better to get there under your own steam.

Have fun – when are you going?

Chok Di

Posted: 2007-10-06, 11:44 am

nhughes100
Thanks for the replies, thinking of going mid-late Novemeber, flights seem to be cheaper if u leave on a Tuesday for some reason.

I'll check out them hotels but I do also want a decent hotel pref 4*, I want to take advantage of the cheap prices! I was thinking that in a large hotel with a busy lobby it wouldn't be noticed if you had a guest. I was in Singapore a while ago and this was certainly the case. Want to do a few tourist things as I'm there too.
Posted: 2007-10-06, 11:48 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
i stayed at the amari boulevard.

top notch hotel and visitor friendly [ well, it was 8 yrs ago]

Posted: 2007-10-06, 1:34 pm

ChokDi
If you are looking for an upmarket hotel, you might try the Grottino ( http://www.grottino.com/Residence.aspx ). I have not stayed there, but have heard rave reviews of the place from people who have. Its a boutique hotel (very small number of room) very close to Soi Cowboy - it might still have free rooms in late November.

Chok Di

Posted: 2007-10-06, 9:44 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
A few years ago now, so things might have changed, but I had no problem taking "guests" back to both the Sheraton and the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit. Of the two, I prefer the Sheraton partly because access the lifts on the ground-floor without going through reception and so avoid the "walk of shame".

I am jealous ... enjoy the trip.
Posted: 2007-10-07, 7:30 pm

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
If you are going in Nov, Dec or Jan you are going during high season so be sure to book your romms as far in advance as possible. I like to be in a hotel that is Walking distance to Nana or Cowboy. You mentioned that you want approx 4 star hotel- someone mentioned Majestic Suites- good value for money, clean, rooms a bit on the small side- very close to Nana, I would call it 3 star. Take a pass on the Nana hotel- definately not a 4 star hotel.

Others within walking distance- Majestic Grande on Soi 2- MG is a 4 star- guest friendly. JW Marriott- 4+ star, this is where I like to stay, no joiner fee, yes you have to walk past security and the front desk but who cares. Food at this hotel is excellent- they have one of the best breakfast buffet in the city, not cheap. JW also has a pastry and sandwich shop, great room service- 24 hours and a cigar store in the lobby. Excellent staek house at the JW also. JW ain't cheap is the only problem.

The Landmark Hotel is a good bet- good food and it has the Huntsman Pub in the basement should be guest friendly. Very close to Nana just down from Majestic Suites. Prices are not cheap.

Dynasty Grande gets good reviews and is the newest of these properties off Soi 6. I have heard that they charge a joiner fee for a second girl if you take two at a time, the first one should be free. Not sure you could take two at a time to JW or Landmark ??

You can stay in the Nana area and take a taxi or skytrain down to Soi Cowboy area. If you want a nice hotel walking distance to Cowboy try Thai Pan- 3 star and guest friendly or the Westin Grande. If you are a smoker I am not sure if the Westin is a totally smoke free hotel or not- best verify that by e-mail.

Since you want to do two girls at the same time you might consider the Eden Club. They are open in the afternoons. Eden is on a sub- soi that would be Soi 7/1 which is just past soi 7. Eden girls are only average in appearance at best but the service is above and beyond.

Ladyboys are not my scene - you asked - the Casanova club on the middle floor upstairs at Nana is an all Ladyboy club. I think there is another LB club in Nana but I can't remember the name.

During the day besides the massage parlors I duck into Gullivers and New Wave for cool air and cold beer- usually some freelancers in there. Lolitas BJ bar is close to Dynasty Grande for daytime fun.

You should travel to Pattaya if you have the time. Take a private taxi and negociate hard or take the free bus if you stay at Dynasty Grande.

Here are some web sites- the forum is no longer available for free at the first site listed-

www.bangkoktonight.com

www.freelancerbar.com has some BKK hotel reviews

www.pattayatalk.com

www.pattayasecrets.com

www.nanaplaza.com
Posted: 2007-10-07, 9:00 pm

nhughes100
Quality responses ppl, I'll keep u posted and promise a full trip report if i get goin as planed.
Posted: 2007-10-12, 11:46 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Advice on Bangkok?
Get a bus to Pattaya
Posted: 2007-10-13, 10:02 am

Don Corleone
I have always stayed @ the Emerald ***** Hotel which is located next to the best parlours. Right in between Poseidon & Champs-Elysees where the finest models are located. If you are not Asian, then a hotel near nana plaza would be best. White guys are not allowed to see the models.

Lady boys are available everywhere!
Posted: 2007-11-06, 12:13 pm

Thaipan
Hi guys, I have just recently returned from my umpteenth visit to Paradise. I stayed at the Majestic Grande on Sukhumvit Soi 2, as trip said an excellent hotel and very guest friendly with no joiner fee, If you want to have a soapy - Annie's Massage is right across the road! And the delights of Soi Nana are but a short stroll away.

I heartily recommend the Soi 7 Beer Garden, I don't know what has happened here but all of a sudden the quality of the free lancers visiting this bar has shot up through the roof! I had one delightful experience after another here. See here for my trip report: http://ukbkk.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=2932

1 girl I had from here was so amazing she, showered me, BJ, shag, massage, sleep, woke me up with a BJ in the morning, massage again (professional massage), told me to sleep for an hour and woke me up to shag again! Then she gave me a professional manicure and pedicure before showering with me again and leaving very happy with 2000 of my baht!

November will be high season, but if you contact a member of the web site I have noted above called ThaiHotels, he lives in BKK and can get you cheaper rooms than the normal rack rate.

I also visited Pattaya for the first time and left asking myself, why I have not been theer before!

Eden was as wonderful as always but they are still using the ST room in the hotel next door and you might have to wait for a room. I took a bi girl with me to Eden and asked her to choose 1 of the eden girls and then I asked the girl (K) to pick her friend. It was the most awesome 4 some I have ever had! If you take your own girl in she is treated as a guest and no charge for her. She loved it and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but it was a bit difficult to summon up the strength to walk back to Gulliver's on Soi 5 for a reviving beer!

Read my full TR on www.ukbkk.co.uk

Current ST / LT rates:

BKK ST rates 1000 - 1500 baht
BKK LT rates 1500 - 3000 baht
BKK Bar fine where applicable 300 - 600 baht

PTA LT rates 1000.00
PTA Bar fine where applicable 300 - 600 baht

I can't wait to go back again!

Warning! Visiting Thailand WILL change your life for ever! Don't believe me? OK, go and find out for your self! :-)

Posted: 2007-11-06, 11:34 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
That Sky tower hotel is miles away in a city that's not easy to get around.. Worth a visit for the lookout though. Stick with one of the Majestics (Suites or Grande) or one o the others mentioned depending of budget..

Girls are easy to meet in the bars in Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy.

I think If I was going on an extended sex tour, I'd probably spend most of it in Pattaya.. Cheaper and more on sale.

Posted: 2007-11-07, 12:09 pm

Thaipan
tw25rw, are you talking about Baioke (sp?) tower hotel? If so it is at Prathanum almost opposite Panthip Plazza, hardly out in the sticks though it can be a bit difficult at rush hour to get a taxi to take you to Sio Nana or Soi Cowboy.

I do agree with you on Majestic Grande, though readers should also check out the newer Dynasty Grande on Soi 6 as they run a free shuttle servive back and forth to their hotels in Pattaya.

I was very impressed with Pattaya and will certainly go back, my only problem was that my hotel was out at Soi LK Metro, and I found it difficult to understand how the baht buses operated. easy on the way back, you just pay for the whole bus for you and your temporary teerak! :-)

Posted: 2007-11-07, 11:33 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
Yes, Bayoke. I neve said it was a long way out, but it's a cab ride from the entertainment areas. Also not convenient for walking around. Handy for shopping, but I'd pick the Pathumwan Princess if I just wanted that. For location (next to Nana Plaza) and vfm, Mafestic suites can't be beaten

Posted: 2007-11-08, 12:25 pm

Thaipan
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification - pom khao jai mak mak :-)

Posted: 2007-11-11, 10:02 pm

Woody123
The Landmark is the best place to stay for me, 4 star, great service, 2 mins walk to Nana, right outside is the skytrain should you want to venture. Open air Cafe, just the place to watch all the Nana "girls" on there way to work, in fact sit there after 10 at night and they will give you the come on look....you only need to look back and they are sitting next to you. Good security though, unwanted guests are quickly moved on just by looking at the guard. "Guest friendly, I had at least one every night for a week, no joiner fee, no "looks" from reception. Oh yeh...and plenty of ladyboys as you would imagine.

Good site to look at is www.bangkoktonight.com enjoy my friend...
Posted: 2007-11-12, 7:08 pm

Thaipan
Hi Woody, you are right the Landmark is a first class hotel and very well situated, it is one of my favourite hotels. I love the cute girl in the white uniform and little pill box hat that opens the door for you in the day time. The girls in the executive level lounge are excellent and very attractive as well :-)

Posted: 2007-12-18, 7:12 pm

Gainz
I MISS THAILAND BIGTIME! wish i could be there now. i stayed at bel-aire princess and even though it was a great hotel it wasnt worth brochure price. they charged 3000 for a room plus 800bt for guests. luchily i got a deal with the flights so room was free. best place for me so far is ruamchitt plaza hotel. 1000bt a night no guest charges walking distance to most places and bts not far. should be refurbished by now so it may have gone up.

Posted: 2007-12-19, 10:08 pm

gman

Last edited by gman on 2007-12-20, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
 [ 38 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: