Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Qatar
Posted: 2007-11-20, 9:02 am

ahmad
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Am headed to Qatar (Doha) in 2 weeks for work... does anyone have any news on this place... would appreciate any help/info... thanks...
Re: Qatar
Posted: 2007-11-20, 9:33 am

Twosorefeet
Qatar is renowned for being off the mongering map. A few (very few) ladies may be found in the hotel bars but it is not encouraged and the hotels are not "guest friendly". You have to be extremely fortunate to find anything available on a short visit. Longer term there are a few more opportunities with the housegirl, shop assistant, aircrew scene. There is one expatriate club where a few phillipinos hang around, but I regret it is not in anyones interest to put the name on the internet. Undoubtedly if you mix in the right circles you will wind up there for a beer at some stage during your stay and might get lucky. I should add that during my visits I have not seen one "doable" available lady.

Most guys in need save their cash for a weekend in Dubai.
Posted: 2007-11-20, 10:45 am

ahmad
hmmm... thanks for the feedback, appreciate it... I do have to stop in Dubai on my way back for 2 days... do you have any advice for dubai too? thanks...
Posted: 2007-11-20, 1:51 pm

paniked Power Kat
there is some Dubai info here in the forums, just have a look for yourself please.

-paniked

Posted: 2007-11-21, 7:41 am

Twosorefeet
Mmm - my original post on Dubai seems to have gone awol.... and I thought it so good! A very brief clue to where to go then:

Dubai is easy, firstly you need a girl friendly hotel - generally not one where the girls are to be found; my favourites are Ramada, Sheraton Four Points, Fairmont, Rotana Jumeirah Meridien Airport Hotel, Meridien Fairway.

Ramada (Bur Dubai) is very easy for the newbie. It has a nightclub (Rumours) which gets busy around 11.00pm and has a fair selection of russians/..stanis. It is in the heart of the "golden triangle, with all major venues walking distance away. Sheraton Four Points is also very close by within walking distance. The Fairmont and Rotana Jumeirah are both a short taxi ride away.

The Golden Triangle consists of The Regal Plaza (Rockafellas), The York, Imperial Suites, Ambassador Hotel, Panorama Hotel (Jockeys), and slightly further afield Astoria Hotel (TGIT)
TGIT at the Astoria operates lunchtime and evenings (closes for a couple of hours arond 4.00pm), Astoria also has a bar on the second floor exclusively in the evening. At this time of the year you can walk between all of the above (if you get past the first one). Prices range from Dhs 400 ST to Dhs 800-1200 LT.

Meridien Airport Hotel is a bit isolated but walk ot of the rear of the hotel and there is Jules Bar which from about 10pm has a reasonable selection of Russian/..stanis/chinese. I have been put in the Meridien Fairway during the busy season and it is OK but a taxi ride to everywhere. I think all of the Meridien chain are guest friendly.

If you are a high flyer go to the Premier night club. (Situated next to the Hyatt Regency). You will not fail to find something to please but expect to pay a bit more Dhs 1000 - 2000 LT. Note the Hyatt Regency allows girls but will surcharge your room for the extra guest.

Finally the classified ads will get you a cheap and cheerful massage with all the extras. Look for "massage for men". Not particularly recommended unless you are on a tight budget.

Hope that helps
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: