Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Morocco
Posted: 2007-03-19, 11:03 pm

mjpd
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I will be visiting Marrakech and Essaouira in June and am lookin g for advice on mongering and, of course, smoking.

Also any insight on health, safety and general regards to Americans would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Re: Morocco
Posted: 2007-03-25, 10:54 pm

amsterfan
Lived there for two years. Everything you want is possible, but don't forget that it is a Muslim country and a third world one to boot. i would avoid doing any of that stuff while you were the. Arrange a side trip to Amsterdam or Germany. In the long run it will be cheaper and less risky

Arranging things is expensive and illegal in Morroco. Anyone who wants to con you or screw you over can pretty much do it at will because the last thing you want to do is get in a Morrocan legal situation.

many tourists were caught while I was there and they all seemed to be american. I think americans get so excited once they are out of the country because they feel so marajauna oppressed that they forget that it is illegal in most places as well (even if it is common). A combination of their carelessness and naivete leads to horrible situations. I would avoid the whole scene.

Sorry to be a downer, but unless you live there, you don't know who to trust and even then...

Amsterfan
Re: Morocco
Posted: 2007-03-26, 5:39 pm

mjpd
thanks! this is exactly the type of advice i am looking for. i am a pretty experienced traveler, but never been to morocco. any comments on safety, hostility to americans etc. would be most appreciated. thanks again!
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: