Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Flying to Kauai need info
Posted: 2007-05-14, 9:09 pm

eddie69
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetings members. I am lucky to be flying to Kauai from the East coast USa. I was wondering if anybody could advise if its cool to carry weed into Hawaii. It is in same country so there should not be customs but do they have dogs to sniff fruits veggies and pets??? probably can find some there but just to make sure ...... Thanks Ed
Re: Flying to Kauai need info
Posted: 2007-05-14, 10:08 pm

jimmyb
Eddie69,

I have flown to Honolulu twice from Atlanta with weed, no problems. I saw no dogs. Hang loose!!! jimmyb
Posted: 2007-05-18, 5:08 am

akibono
I would not do it. Bags are screened and if you pass through security, you will be screened and your stuff xrayed. Although your chances of getting caught are small, the consequences are large. You can expect to be prosecuted and face jail time if you are caught. There is no tolerance and this is not Europe.
Posted: 2007-05-18, 5:52 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I wouldn't. Last time I flew to Kaui we were waiting for our bags before we changed planes in HNL. An agriculture inspector and a beagle came by and the beagle went nuts by my carry-on. I opened it for the inspector and there was nothing of interes in it. However, there had been a steak sandwhich in there a few hours before I left Chicago hours before. I don't know if the beagle was just trained to find food products but it was impressive display of canine nasal skills. By the way, next to Amsterdam the north shore of Kauai is my favorite place in world.
Posted: 2007-05-18, 5:06 pm

pascullo
You should wait till you get there and then hook-up ...believe me you will find plenty of offers when you arrive for the packololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 2007-05-18, 6:04 pm

eddie69
Thanks guys for the advice. I will lay low on the carrying. I might mail myself a little hash but I guess Pakalolo should be found if I look. I hope to find the real Kauai Electric I have read about. I am staying in Kapaa for a week then 2 nigjhts at Princeville in the north. Chers Ed
Posted: 2007-05-18, 6:06 pm

eddie69
I also have a beagle who's food finding skills are a lot better than his hunting skills Ed
Posted: 2007-05-21, 1:23 am

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
not about Hawaii ...
...but I was recently at a fund raising event for Dutch Shepherd rescue. These dogs are heavily used by the Police lately. At the event there was a demonstration of a drug search by the current national champion.

I got very nervous as the dog walked by me stopped, sat and just stared at me. The handler (i.e. cop) paid just a little more attention to me than the other people in the group! ...I haven't smoked since I was in Europe recently (possible piss test coming) and definitely wasn't carrying at the time....

BUT I got very conscious of the situation!

Got me thinking about what it was that got the dog so interested in me!

...I watched this dog find a gram of heroin that was over four years old!! Amazing what the dogs can do!

eric

p.s. I often go to events with these dogs where there are working K9's and their cop/handler. ALWAYS make sure I'm clean and tidy when I get there. Absolutely nothing in the car.

Posted: 2007-05-22, 12:59 pm

blunt
Be aware of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his family... :)

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: