Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Fuck T-Mobile!
Posted: 2011-12-23, 8:43 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Before I left on my latest Amsterdam trip, I called up T-Mobile customer service to try to get my phone unlocked so I could use a Dutch SIM once in town. I was eligible for the unlock and they took my email address, saying it may take up to 7 days to get the unlock instructions but that it should happen within 72 hours. This was about 3 days before my trip. I had to repeat my email to the idiot on the phone 4 or 5 times and I still don't think she got it right, as she initially read it back wrong, but she assured me she had it. Get to Amsterdam, check my email, nothing. Get back home a week later, still nothing. This is clearly deliberate on their part as obviously they make more money when I incur their obscene roaming charges. It did not seem to be a problem a couple years ago when I unlocked another phone but things seem to have changed now.

Also, it was nearly impossible to get a human on the line to begin with in order to initiate the unlock procedure. I wasted at least 20 minutes (think I had to call 3 times) navigating voice-menu hell. It's a voice recognition system and does not recognise "unlock my phone." If you press "0", it tells you, "I understand you want to speak to a representative, but first I need to determine the reason for your call." No shit. I tried saying "unlock my phone" three times and after that, it said, "I'm sorry I'm having so much trouble understanding you. I'm going to disconnect the call now." I called back and just said "phone" and it goes "do you have a question about your phone?" I said "yes" and finally I got a human fucking being on the line (albeit a stupid one).

Does any cellular provider offer decent customer service these days? How about in the UK?

FUCK T-MOBILE!

Posted: 2011-12-25, 4:00 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
Nothing fucks me off more than those voice recognition systems and the tortuous path to end up speaking to an actual person....who more often than not is an idiot!

I'm afraid bluto that when you hit the uk you're going to find that all the providers here are a useless shower of cunts as well!

Posted: 2011-12-25, 6:18 pm

balou1999_75962
I have T-Mobile and about 5 days before my trip in November I requested a SIM unlock code. I received it a day before my trip and had no problems. I always say if you don't like the answer you're given by customer service, hang up and call back.

Peace
Re: Fuck T-Mobile!
Posted: 2011-12-25, 7:14 pm

retro Power Kat
It's seems most phone companies use the annoying message service before you can actually speak to a real person. I had the pleasure of my mobile company's message service recently , it took me over five minutes going through four different menu's with four sub menu's in each then having to say my password just for it to not recognise it so had to say my name and mobile number and when someone did answer they asked me my name and number again i thought why did i just have to say it in the menu section just for you to go through it all again and the question i had took all of two minutes to sort out.

Im with Orange and my phones all ways been set up to us abroad so not had to call them just make sure the roaming is switch on , but make sure the Apps roaming is switch off as you'll receive a large bill in the post after your holiday .
Posted: 2011-12-26, 5:42 pm

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
In a similar vein ... (bluto - notice the ellipses) I needed to call Visa Extras (rewards/points program) and there is no option to speak to a human. Pressing '0' just said it was not a valid option.

Finally pressed '4' for spanish and got to a human pretty quickly and they wouldn't speak English to me.

In the end I just started pushing buttons and found that it was '9' to speak to a human. Not that they were able to resolve my problem. told me it would be 7 to 10 business days and someone would call me back.

Posted: 2012-02-08, 9:02 am

book_guy Power Kat
I've found the most effective resource for unlocking a cell-phone is Google. I have unlocked about six of them over the years, and I think that I've been able to find out how for nearly every one of them simply by being persistent with internet search engines and never falling for the "send us your credit card number" scams. I realize that they're getting cagier these days, making it more difficult to crack, but if your hardware is of the sort which is designed to be used on a variety of carriers, then you can probably find some forum where people share info about that hardware. In the mix above, I've unlocked at least two phones which were the bottom-level give-aways for local Amsterdam services (I think Lebara? and that carrier with the orange-colored logotype). It's always just instructions along the lines of "enter these numbers" and little else.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: