Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
donations
Posted: 2013-11-14, 8:09 pm

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hi

i was looking just now to make a donation to the site.

how can i go about this?
Re: donations
Posted: 2013-11-14, 10:55 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
We don't have a system in place since AlertPay pulled the rug out from under us. Can't use Paypal for this. I was briefly reading about bitcoins but I don't know... seems like it could be complicated to implement, also for users who want to make a donation. I'll do some more research on it but I'm not sure what to suggest. Well, I also accept donations in person from anyone who's not a psycho. :-) So there is that.
I'll keep looking into the bitcoin stuff... I'm not sure what else there is nowadays that we could use.
Thanks for the interest, anyway. I appreciate it.

Posted: 2013-11-14, 11:50 pm

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Well, I also accept donations in person from anyone who's not a psycho. :-) So there is that.

How will i know that if i give you a donation in person it wont go into a kamer or on some weed.Im back in town next week for a couple of days.I wasnt going to make a big donation maybe 50 euro.
Posted: 2013-11-14, 11:58 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Haha, well you don't know that I suppose but I would say the same is true for doing it online! Anyway, I'll continue looking into the bitcoin stuff. There should be a way to accept donations online without paying enormous fees but it's always been a bit of a problem as an adult site.

Posted: 2013-11-15, 1:56 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Couldn't you open a bank account for ignatzmice.Then people could just transfer via your sort code.

You wouldn't need to tell the bank who it's for.lol.
Posted: 2013-11-15, 2:09 am

lilji
How about postal payments or something? If you were able to set up a postbox somewhere you could collect and not post to an actual address, also in reference to the psycho thing :p
Posted: 2013-11-15, 7:14 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I donated in person, so standards are pretty low, despite what Bluto says.
I also made Bluto promise to spend the money in a drunken stupor,
with total disregard for his health or safety.
And I fully expect him to be arrested, and appear on the front page of a local newspaper for his efforts.

Many of you weren't on the site at the time, but when AXXXTW was getting out,
and the current braintrust was moving in, the website would occasionally go down.
There were rumors of it's demise, and times were very bleak.
I was in Amsterdam for a short trip, and couldn't get on the site at all. It sucked.
The site doesn't run itself.
I encourage everyone to donate,
I wish there was an easy way to do it,
and I think in exchange for their efforts, Bluto, Wim and Chris deserve to get just as fucked up as the rest of us!

Weasel

Posted: 2013-11-15, 11:22 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
ams2008dam wrote:
Couldn't you open a bank account for ignatzmice.Then people could just transfer via your sort code.

No, I can't, unfortunately. Ignatzmice is not registered as a business so I could not open an account in the name of the site. It would have to be in my name, and I'm not doing that. I also have no idea what a sort code is. Here we have rekeningnummer (account number) and IBAN.

lilji wrote:
How about postal payments or something? If you were able to set up a postbox somewhere you could collect and not post to an actual address, also in reference to the psycho thing :p

I don't know how to do that. If someone knows, please tell me. I have no idea how to open a post office box in Amsterdam or (most importantly) how much it would cost. There is ONE post office that I know of, in the centre, and I didn't see any space for boxes, but maybe they have them somewhere.

weasel9x9 wrote:
The site doesn't run itself.

Thanks Weasel! Yeah, I had to deal with the server crashing the other day (some of you may have noticed.) Fortunately, we have off-site nightly backups (implemented by me because I decided that backups were a good idea, you know?) but I didn't have to use them, the database was okay.

I need to find an easier way for you guys to donate too. I'd feel bad meeting up just to collect a donation... I don't know, would just be odd, never done that before. So probably I'll stick to trying to find a better way to offer this option online.

weasel9x9 wrote:
And I fully expect him to be arrested, and appear on the front page of a local newspaper for his efforts.

I am still working on this. It will be a great day (and even better next morning), I'm sure. Getting arrested here just isn't as straightforward as it is in Boston. I mean, you really have to try.

Posted: 2013-11-15, 9:53 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
How about the old criminal/scammer favourite, Western Union Money Transfer?
The charges suck for the sender..........

BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
I'm sure. Getting arrested here just isn't as straightforward as it is in Boston. I mean, you really have to try.

Have you experienced the culture shock of no longer living in a police state? (8~>)
I've never been to Boston, but the cops in some of the major US cities... MAMMA YAMMA,!!
...... And don't get me started on the TSA!

Posted: 2015-03-03, 4:13 pm

kingconan
Hi guys,

How come you don't use paypal so we can donate via that? There is probably a reason but I am just curious.
I've been a member on the site for a while now so would quite happily donate as would a few others members I'm sure!

Conan
Posted: 2015-03-04, 9:33 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
kingconan wrote:
Hi guys,

How come you don't use paypal so we can donate via that? There is probably a reason but I am just curious.
I've been a member on the site for a while now so would quite happily donate as would a few others members I'm sure!

Conan

The site did use Paypal some years ago (before I had a hand in it) but we got kicked off because of the adult content, I think shortly after Paypal was acquired by Ebay. I later set up an account with AlertPay and that worked for a while until they unceremoniously booted us for the same reason (this after their merging with some larger bank.) Companies like CCBill take a huge percentage cut of every payment so I'm not doing that, and BitCoin is still something I don't understand how to use/acquire (and if I don't get it, I doubt a very large percentage of users are going to be in a position to make donations via BitCoin either, making it all a rather pointless exercise to set up.)

In the end, I have very little time to devote to the site. I've also managed to get the costs down to a level where running the thing for a month costs about the same as a pint of beer in De Wallen, so it's much less of a problem than it was. Maybe I'll be able to find some solution to the donation problem, but I'd rather find a way to offer you guys some additional content by means of a subscription system. I mean, if you're paying, you should get something for it. I've never been fully comfortable with the donations system which is another reason I haven't put a lot of effort into resurrecting it. Anyway, thanks for the interest! Glad you appreciate the site. Don't worry; it's not going anywhere!

Posted: 2015-03-04, 8:38 pm

tom999
Thanks Bluto for a great job.

Keep up the good work.

//Tom.
Posted: 2015-03-06, 10:43 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Bluto,

Is your Dutch good enough these days ? Google then 'postbus aanvragen' and go the the postnl website. It claims that there are over 900 locations in NL where you can get a postbus. Probably the Amsterdam post office has a separate side entrance for postbussen, so you can enter there 24/24. I have seen that in other locations space for postbussen is sometimes almost hidden in side alleys and so. But is hould be possible.

I like to donate, but am shitting scared of losing my anonimity. I rather send you a banknote by mail.

cheers,

W-L
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: