Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Diamond factory visits
Posted: 2015-01-22, 10:33 pm

kernowcpl
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I know this may be a little off the beaten path for this site but we are about to go back to the DAM next month ( trip no 9) and the one thing we have not done yet is visit a diamond factory......so does anyone know which is the best one to go to and should we go on a organized trip or just rock up on our own?
i know it might cause me to spend some money lol but i did a deal with the wife....we go diamond factory in the day...then to fata morganas on the night....sounds fair to me!
so any tips guys?
Re: Diamond factory visits
Posted: 2015-01-23, 4:46 pm

kingconan
Gassan was great.
Re: Diamond factory visits
Posted: 2015-01-23, 6:19 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
There's the Amsterdam Diamond Museum on Paulus Potterstraat (Museumplein) which is owned by Coster Diamonds.

It has explanatory information on diamonds (mining, grading, cutting & polishing, trading) plus various diamonds on display and copies of famous jewels (i.e not the real thing, but something to show you what it looked like). I liked this place, it does a good job of giving you the whole diamond story with some interesting stuff to look at.

There's an area downstairs where you can watch people actually working on cutting / polishing stones during normal working hours. There's also a shop....

It's a good place to visit, it's owned by one of the actual diamond companies in Amsterdam so it's not just some stupid tourist trap.

I Don't know how it compares to Gassan diamonds but it's worth a visit.

Posted: 2015-01-25, 11:12 pm

kernowcpl
Hiya guys thanks for the tips will look into the places you mention.....cheers!
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: