Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
how long are posts kept?
Posted: 2007-06-24, 6:22 pm

tony.redhair
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello,

Having recently returned to this site after six odd years away, I'v noticed that my posts from 2001 (under a different id) are no longer on the site. I was wondering how long any posts were kept? Don't misunderstand me, I accept that six year old posts are proberly of little interest to anyone, I just wondered what the cut off was.
Re: how long are posts kept?
Posted: 2007-06-24, 8:31 pm

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Some of my old posts are still there, although the post count started at 0 when I rejoined, having lost my password during my hiatus from ignatzmice. That doesn't bother me so much, many of the same people are still here - even though they might not remember me.

No harm done, I say..:)

Sam
Posted: 2007-06-24, 11:54 pm

jb1172
The only down side I've come across is when I read about 'ZeZe' and his 'infamous' posts in the FAQ. Apparently from 2005, but I couldn't find anything with the search engine. Maybe so infamous they were removed?

I don't want to ask as no doubt everyone discussed the reports to death at the time, but they'd be nice to read at some point.

jb
Posted: 2007-06-25, 2:21 am

Dave
The messageboard on this site has been upgraded a couple times over the years and I believe the older posts are archived away, unavailable to us mere mortals.

However, if you would like to read about Zeze Costinha, the information is still available through the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine.

Zeze Costinha Introduction

The Zeze Files

The Best of Zeze
Posted: 2007-06-25, 8:02 am

Luther Head
Ze ze is indeed a literary treasure. There has to be a screenplay in there somewhere.
One of my many favorites of his, "14,00pm open my eyes, saw the shine through my window and thougth to myself, What a beautiful morning indeed!"

Does anyone know whether he got enough rest to subsequently return? A true ignatzmice character of the highest rank.

If the board ever decides to create a Ignatzmice hall of fame, I would think ze ze would qualify for first ballot election. A true original and thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Luther Head on 2007-06-26, 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Posted: 2007-06-25, 10:51 am

axxxtw Founder
Posts are kept indefinitely. With one exception. We did a bit of a prune several months ago, to clean up the database, we decided to prune posts that had had 0 replies starting one year back. We reasoned that if there were no replies, these posts held little interest. We didn't select anything personally, any posts with 0 replies were selected automatically. A few posts of interest went missing, however, and we had some explaining to do to a few people ;-)

In Jan of 2004 we retired the old Message Board, which we had used for several years, to upgrade ourselves to a newer system. The posts of that board consisted of an entirely different file format, html flat files, and were not compatible with the newer database system. We have all those posts stored on CD's, going back to about 1998, unfortunately we cannot make them available online, but occasionally we do repost a particular gem.

The upgrade also forced us to dump the old registration database, so members were forced to re register for the new Message Board. We had been cobbling systems together from different eras of website technology, as none of them were compatible--- If you remember, we had two separate user data bases---one for the Message Board, and one for the Device (which used the older system). That's all been converted into a single unified system now, which we were finally able to accomplish a few months ago, with the new site database system. Our site has evolved along with the technology available.

The ZeZe posts had been available in their entirety, as a "feature' until quite recently when we finally upgraded the entire website, just a few months ago. As I recall those posts were originally made in 2000 or perhaps 2001. We're giving them a rest at the moment, but we'll bring them back again, when we convert them to the new site.

The files available on the Wayback site, are from our "feature", they're not the original Message Board files, but as said, we reran them in their entirety, so nothing is missing.

Posted: 2007-07-02, 9:25 am

Cimarronin
How about adding the old Dark Side Orange Posts? They were really well written and interesting, and they always had helpful information for dealing with the Shemales
Posted: 2007-07-02, 2:19 pm

axxxtw Founder
In the near future we'll trawl through the old board archives and repost old posts from Admiral and Darkside Orange. We promise.

Posted: 2007-07-10, 11:43 pm

leine
Special thanks for digging up the ZeZe posts again.
I haven't read them for a long time.

Well done, Dave!
Posted: 2007-09-25, 3:44 pm

mAX_pOWER_dUBLIN
Bump,

Looking forward to reading some of the Darkside Orange Posts

Max
Posted: 2012-05-24, 11:34 pm

losbal
Did DSO's posts ever see the light of day again?
Posted: 2012-05-25, 1:43 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
losbal wrote:
Did DSO's posts ever see the light of day again?

I'm not familiar with Darkside Orange... before my time I'm afraid. We have what is on the board now (dating from 2005, I guess) and whatever's in the Archives, so maybe check there. I know some stuff is missing, dead links etc, but I can't do anything about that.

As for the original question posted in 2007, nowadays old posts are not deleted. There was a time when the site was on shared hosting with limited disk space, which probably influenced the decision to prune old posts. We have no need to do that now as we have loads of disk space and it only seems to get cheaper as time goes on.

[ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: