Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Weed friendly beer bars
Posted: 2009-08-29, 3:26 pm

eddie69
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetings all from damp Philly. For no good reason I have not been in Amsterdam in a couple years. i am a tie dye pothead and a hopeless beer geek. Being from Philly I am sooo spoiled on the best Belgian and west coast beers. I just had a great Lost Abbey Ten Commandments last night.
I am looking for a good bar that perhaps I can smoke a bowl or bone while enjoying a Duvel or Westmalle. In the old days we would sit in Greenhouse OV and drink and smoke the night away! I have toked sitting outside the Ij brewery a few years back. Any recommendations would help. Arriving Thursday so please share some advice
Cheers Ed
Weed friendly beer bars
Posted: 2009-08-29, 4:10 pm

smuler Power Kat
Hi Eddie

Quality beer bars that let you smoke weed...there are none IMHO

But, maybe there are some decent beers in the Bottle Bar on Oudebrugsteeg between Damrak and Nieuwendijk

A good friend took me there last time, and I had no problem smoking in there ( not our kind of beer though )

Philly- Monk's Cafe, Standard Tap in Northern Liberties ??

It's been a couple years since I've been in Philly

I don't drink Belgians

Any recommendations for me ?

PS- I'm doing another Ignatz/ beer crawl in Brooklyn on September 19

You are welcome to join... Pm me

Brooklyn will certainly blow away Philly

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-08-29, 4:34 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
You can get a Duvel at the Greenhouse Effect Bar on Warmoestraat. Hunter's Bar up the street may also have Duvel (I'm not sure). Both bars are smoker friendly.
Re: Weed friendly beer bars
Posted: 2009-08-29, 4:35 pm

eddie69
Smuler I am glad to see you have a sense of humor comparing Brooklyn beer bars to Philly. I have burned a few with Joe from Spuyten Duyvil.
If your taste turns to German beers we have a new Schmitz Bier Garten on South St. The South Philly beer scene SPTR, The POPE, Devils Den, Sidecar is now the hottest beer bar scene.
I am not sure which bars you are referring to off of Nieuwendijk or Oudekerkeplein.
Thursday won't come soon enough. I will still be in Belgium on Sept.19. Try to make it down during Philly Beer Week June 4 thru June 13. Cheers ed
Posted: 2009-08-29, 4:37 pm

eddie69
Thanks Bone Jockey! Will check it out
Posted: 2009-08-29, 8:13 pm

Whoa Nellie
I've enjoyed the set-up at Hunters before, where the coffee shop and bar are right next to each other, with smoking encouraged between the two. Was a great place to watch the European Championships last time, especially when the Dutch were crushing people during the first round. Not sure about beer variety mind you, although can tell you the bartender was hot.
Posted: 2009-08-29, 9:38 pm

balou1999_75962
Nes Cafe just of Damstraat at Nes 33. They have a pretty good selection of beer. Also Rick's Cafe, on Damstraat & Oudezijds Voorburgwal , was a nice spot to sit canal side and indulge!

Peace,
Balou
Posted: 2009-08-30, 3:34 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Smoking Bull bar on lange neizel (sp) is good to have a spliff and a few beers in.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: