Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 35 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
current weed recommendations?
Posted: 2009-10-28, 4:20 am

musicman24k
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
off to dam next week & looking for some up to date weed recommendations. mostly looking for blue cheese, cheese, good sativas & quality hash, any suggestions? haven't been to impressed with the grey area offerings on the last couple of visits so looking for some alternatives. we always go to plenty other coffeeshops but it would be cool to have some current recommendations.

i will get my act together & do a trip report this time, last visit in may we got wasted on philosophers stones (recommended) so couldn't really remember enough to make it worth posting. although one thing i remember was on our last day we had started smoking & drinking at 10am after breakfast. my friend who is quite a big consumer of drink & drugs had about 15 pints of lager & loads to smoke. we went back to the hotel to freshen up about 6pm & i gave him half hr to sort himself out ready for the night session & do more philosophers stones. i got to his room about an hour later after falling asleep & rushing a shower only to find him sprawled out on the bed having consumed most of a litre bottle of vodka & more joints. after getting him to go have a shower & not waste the last night we finally set off, he fell down all three flights of stairs of the hotel, much to my amusement! he abused all the bridge trolls who found his direct approach intimidating so we continued to the bulldog bar for a beer & do the philosophers stones. we were right in the widow seats with my friend looking out of the windows. we re both opening the philosophers stones ready to take, my friend who likes 2 box' of the strongest decided to chew & eat them in one go, bad move! he puked them al over himself & scooped it up off his clothes & re ate it. by this time tears were rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. we split up not log after that when we got split up crossing a bridge. i spent the next hrs smoking, drinking & eating & walking around the rld for the atmosphere when your buzzing.

we only go to smoke , drink & take philosophers stones so you might find a non mongering trip a bit boring!

i will be doing a discreet bit off filming in the rld for my new music video, good or bad idea?

thanks for any info provided
Re: current weed recommendations?
Posted: 2009-10-28, 8:17 am

deadheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
That was my original plan also (the smoking/mushrooms thing). Then I decided to get a B2B massage and ran across Asmara's website. Searching for other massage parlors, I somehow ended up here and my plans have changed a bit.

The definitive site for the coffeeshop scene is http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com. Besides nice maps and stuff, they have a forum (which you can look at without signing up). The stoners also do trip reports. Found some good recommendations for what I'm calling "sex weed" (enhanced body stone rather than "I can't get up off of the couch" stuff).

I'll mix in the weed reports along with my experiences with the ladies. Gotta find one of those little notebooks. I get a feeling that writing it down might be easier than pecking away at the iphone.

Only 11 days to go but who's counting ?
Posted: 2009-10-28, 4:18 pm

goerge02216Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Was the "Sex Weed" like? where did you come across it and how do does one get there hands on some there??
Posted: 2009-10-28, 5:03 pm

jgramos Moderator
Firstly,

"i will be doing a discreet bit off filming in the rld for my new music video, good or bad idea?"

Yes, bad idea if you thinking of filming in the direction of the ladies. By all means try if you want, but seriously, if they catch you, expect your camera to be taken off you, possibly a crack across the body/head with a wooden baton, and a lot of shouting! The girls DON'T like it!

Secondly, weed:

Haven't been over too recently (in my opinion), but the first few grams I've bought on each trip over the last year have always been:

LSD - Amnesia Coffeeshop
Amnesia Haze - Amnesia Coffeeshop
Big Buddah Cheese - Hunter's Coffeeshop (may be slightly different name, also tried the Blue Cheese, nice, but not as nice as the Big Buddah!)

You could always have a look through http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html , not really the best of sites, but some of the info can be useful.

Peace

(16 days to go! ;-))

Posted: 2009-10-28, 5:41 pm

Supporting Member
Quote:
Was the "Sex Weed" like? where did you come across it and how do does one get there hands on some there??

LOL. To be specific, I'm talking about the Red Dragon weed from Barney's. Since I'm not there yet and haven't tried it for myself, I can't be too definitive as to it's exact effects but I'm certainly looking forward to trying it.

Quote:
Amnesia Haze - Amnesia Coffeeshop

Their Quazar Haze also has high recommendations.

Quote:
(16 days to go! ;-))

Insert childish taunt here. I'm going to be there 1st. 10 days to go. I'll try to not use up all the grass and women in Amsterdam so there will be some left for you.
Posted: 2009-10-28, 6:26 pm

Happymonday
I've been reading through coffeeshop direct and it's making to even more confusing than before, I'm a little clueless when it comes to smoke. Different strains etc, I have no idea. Couldn't a shop just label a weed something it isn't and then sell it on? Blue cheese or silver haze, no idea what the difference is. You must have to have smoked alot of weed to get that much knowledge.

Smell of good earthy herbs makes my nerves shudder but where were you that cold December, cos we were in the Grasshopper spending guilders..Central Station, charged up like Scarface, Amsterdam ain't a nice place off your face
Posted: 2009-10-28, 6:28 pm

jgramos Moderator
"I'll try to not use up all the grass and women in Amsterdam so there will be some left for you"

deadhead.....don't worry, no matter how much you smoke over there, I'll be able to get my hands on top-notch stuff! ;-) As for the girls, my girls are never too tired to see me! lol!! ;-)

As for the "Red Dragon weed from Barney's".....not a fan of it myself. Smoked everything other than the v.expensive hash's on the menu, and it's all good gear, but as I said, not a fan of the Red Dragon......gone a bit off Barney's of late.

Peace

Posted: 2009-10-28, 6:48 pm

goerge02216Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Will try the Red Dragon if ull dont clean it all out..
Posted: 2009-10-28, 7:25 pm

DykVanDyke
I mainly go to Amsterdam for the coffee shops and psilocybin intake as well so I don't find this boring at all, though anything I can recommend from my trip in April has probably been superseded (and I did partake in the mongering this time around). Loved the philosopher's stones, and I also find walking around Amsterdam under the influence of the stones a fantastic experience.
Posted: 2009-10-29, 12:21 am

Supporting Member
If you really want to get confused, check this out:

http://www.black-arts.org/~reatta/menus.html#Amsterdam

Pictures of the menus from most of the coffeeshops in Amsterdam. Most are pretty recent, so it should give you an idea of the current prices/varieties available. Makes your head spin thinking about it.

jgramos - heading to Barney's 1st since they are open early and I'm going to get into town about 9am. Too early for mongering and too early to check into my hotel.

From my research from 3000 miles away, my list of coffeeshops for the trip is:

Barney's - Haarlemmstraat 102 Utopia Haze. Red Dragon,Dr Grinspoon, Royal Jelly
Home Grown Fantasy - Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 87a Cheese 12.50e
Basjoes - Kloveniersburgwal 62 Bas Special
Grey area - Ouse Leliestraat 2 Equatorial Haze
Hunter's - Warmoesstraat 37 Big Buddah Cheese
Amnesia -Herengracht 133 Amnesia Haze, Quazar Haze
Hill Street Blues - Warmoesstraat 52
Rusland - Rusland 16
Bluebird - Sin Antoniesbreestraat 71
Dampkting - Handboogstraat 29 Moonshine pre-rolled ice 8e
Reefer - Sin Antoniesbreestraat 77
Dolphins - Kerkstraat 23 White Dolphin (free internet)
Katsu - Van der helstraat 70 Black Widow, Crystal Clear isolator
Paradox - BloemdwArsstraat 1 5e baggies
Abraxas - Jonge Roelensteeg 12-14 Super Silver Haze
420 Cafe - Oudebrugsteeg 27
Bushdoctor - Thorbeckeplein 28 AK-47 ice hash (can buy 0.5 gm)
Green Place - Kloveniersburgwaj 4 Blueberry Cheese 13e

No way I can hit all these places in 5 days, but it will be fun to try.

Edit: Was reading a trip report from some Canadian couple who actually did hit about 10 places in like 6 days. They spent over 1600e. No idea how they smoked it all. Very impressive.
Posted: 2009-10-29, 2:08 am

Harvey WallenbangerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey deadhead -

Just so you know, the Equatorial Sativa, Quazar Haze, and the Dr. Grinspoon are all the same weed. It was being sold earlier this year as Pure Equatorial Sativa in many shops. Very distinctive look and feel as far as weed goes. Smoked it in a pure joint, really nice sativa high, but not too unlike many Hazes available en masse. Personally, I liked the #18 Kush from the Grey Area the best on my last trip.

This habit of 're-naming' the weed to suit an occasion (like the Cannabis Cup) is one of the reasons I don't put much stock in the hype created by people like Derry at Barney's. I was asked by a patient here in California to pick up some Willie Nelson seeds from Barneys last year. When I asked the guy at the Barneys booth at the CC Expo (he is/was Derry's right hand man) for some WN seeds, he said, "we don't carry that strain anymore, try the ______".

It struck me as odd that a coffeeshop that would put (said) years of effort into back-crossing and refining a plant to the point it can win an international tasting competition would throw away a license to print money just to hawk a 'new' strain.

I think some of these coffeeshop owners just buy the best weed they can get ahold of, re-name it, and stand there with a smile selling some good Haze that is now named the 'Grinspoon', or whatever name is fasionable today.

Enough of my ranting for now, I'll tell you more about it live when I get there on Sunday...

HW
Posted: 2009-10-29, 3:01 am

jgramos Moderator
Harvey, totally agree regarding the Pure Equatorial stuff......very distinctive, but not really too much different to other hazes out there.....still a pretty nice smoke.

Re: The coffeeshop list: Comments on places I know pretty well!

Barney's - Opens early, breakfast is nice in the Barney Uptown place, but weeds are on the high price.
Grey area - Small....not a place to stop and smoke.....helpful bud-tender(s).....usually great wuality weed.....sometimes doesn't open on time!! ha ha ;-)
Hunter's - Great location, nice place to sit and smoke a joint, plenty of selection.....pretty good opening hours.
Amnesia - LSD's my fav here, nice place to sit and have a joint or two, ezpecially outside the front in the summer! Often have a couple of cute girls working there!
Hill Street Blues - Their "hill Street Blue Special" is usually a decent weed. Gone a bit down since the ban on serving alcohol in the same place as serving weed.....but if you chill on the couches or want a game of pool, it's not too bad. Milkshakes pretty damn nice!!
Rusland - Blond Polm was a cracker there for the price!! Seemed to be more of a "locals" place though.
Bluebird - Never went in there since they got rid of their menu with an actual bud by each selection & price. Also lost a bit of interest because the staff seemed far higher than me, and getting served a coke seemed to take a fucking age! Though I was very stoned and could've imagined that! ha ha!
Dampkring - Sort of lost it's atmosphere IMHO since it stopped serving alcohol. Saw Cypres Hill in there back a number of years, ahd a few beers & joints with them. Really loved their Buddah's Sister, and kept gonig there til they took it off the menu, but left Reclining Buddah on the menu.....100% smell......50% flavour.....25% high......when compared to the Buddah's Sister they used to do!!
Katsu - Generally a nice place!
Abraxas - Ok selection of weeds. Decent enough quality. Amsterman gets his cannabis cake there.....seem pretty strong, but then he doesn't smoke. I stick to the Baba cakes....though will try several different places on my next trip!
420 Cafe - Same as Katsu!
Green Place - Same as Katsu!

Peace

Posted: 2009-10-29, 4:08 am

balou1999_75962
Try the Lemon Haze from Ben, Kolksteeg 10, 14E/g. Nice clear high that will make you want to hump anything in sight! Any of the Sativas will allow you to smoke and still remain functional. Also worth mentioning is Amnesia Haze at Rokerij, Singel 8, 9E/g.

Peace,
Balou
Posted: 2009-10-29, 4:31 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Does anyone else miss Paniked's weekly weed report?
I sure do!

Posted: 2009-10-29, 6:51 am

Supporting Member
jgramos

And here I spent days/weeks researching places and all I had to do was ask you ! It wasn't a total waste of time as it used up some time waiting for the actual trip. When I booked in September, November didn't seem far away for some reason.

Also it got the guys in the office extremely jealous. They're fighting over who gets to come get me when I don't return.
Posted: 2009-10-29, 7:00 am

tenSeekerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It might be good to have a weed forum or a well known place for a weed topic thread?

Possibly the weed topic would get more consistent attention with frequent updates of coffeeshops, current strains, quality, descriptions, preferences, etc?

Maybe it could be in the forum index at the Message Board level with the Trip Reports, Meet Up, etc?

Maybe it could be a pinned topic at the top of the Amsterdam forum below the site news? It could be an eye sore or not appropriate here though?

Since Paniked's weekly weed report thread is not updated weekly it's not easily found to continue updating it.

Some might reasonably argue people can just create thread topics in the Amsterdam forum or include the information in the Trip Reports forum but then the information is not concentrated in a single location or not the primary focus.

In short, yeah ... I miss panicked's weekly weed report too.
Posted: 2009-10-29, 11:11 am

Happymonday
That's a good idea tenseeker, I need to learn a lot before I go, something regular on here would be good.

Smell of good earthy herbs makes my nerves shudder but where were you that cold December, cos we were in the Grasshopper spending guilders..Central Station, charged up like Scarface, Amsterdam ain't a nice place off your face
Posted: 2009-10-29, 3:38 pm

Supporting Member
This YouTube user has some inspiring Amsterdam coffeeshop videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueBerryAMS

She created some videos talking to the budtender at various coffeeshops about the weed options on the menu.

There is one video from the Grey Area and one from Amnesia. They are from earlier this year so they may not provide much information but they might wet your appitite ...

When am at home craving some weed I might watch one of the videos. I'm not sure if it helps or hurts my craving but I like to imagine If I try real hard I might be able to teleport myself there for a massive bong hit ... He He :-)
Posted: 2009-10-29, 7:41 pm

Harvey WallenbangerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Nice link, tenSeeker. All three of those strains were from DNA Seeds, which of course the Grey Area specializes in. The Annunaki is some good smoke, but a well grown Chocolope is hard to beat. I think DNA is ready to win a Cup this year for either their version of Headband, or the #18 Kush. Look for the Grey Area to find a couple of kilos of this and enter it into competition.

HW
Posted: 2009-10-29, 10:11 pm

Supporting Member
HW

Great tips on the Headband and #18 Kush weed strains ...

HW and all:

I'm not very knowledgable either about weeds strains, quality variations in Amsterdam, etc ... apprentice

I have been wondering how the weed strain quality varies throughout the year in Amsterdam.

I have seen the seed sites and some information indicating growing outside naturally is ready or best in the fall, around now. What is the story on this ... natural outdoor harvest season? Also are most AMS coffeeshop weeds grown outdoors or indoors?

Does the weed quality vary through the year in AMS in a predictable way? Does it vary frequently with every batch that is produced? Or it doesn't really not vary that much?

Do the best quality weed strains targeted for the Cannabis cup find thier way into the coffeeshops before the week of the Cannabis cup or are these cup entries kept out of the coffeeshops until the week of the cup?

In Jan 09 I was in AMS and I loved the Chocolope at the Grey Area, the visuals were like virtual reality as it mentions at the smokersguide.com.

However, when I visted AMS in May 09 and had the same Chocolope at the Greay Area ... I was disappointed despite them telling me it was made by the same people in the same way and should be the same. In May 09, I didn't seam to have as positive of a reaction to most of the other weed I purchased either ... I did like a hash joint I bought at the Greenhouse Coffeeshop. I didn't any type of negative reaction or a bad experience I just didn't seam to have the same great highs I did in Jan 09.

I imagine it is possible that the enjoyment for someone could vary because of something related to the person. Certainly, the tolerance will lessen the effect after smoking several days in a row. I'm sure different people have different reactions to the same weed.

However, can the same person have a different rection to theorectically the same weed at a different point in time? This is certainly a less tangible question.

Now, I really want to smoke a bowl ...

Last edited by tenSeeker on 2009-10-29, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 [ 35 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: