Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 164 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Good News!!
Posted: 2011-06-23, 11:06 pm

dam86
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey guys

I've just read online that the weed pass will not come into effect in Amsterdam until at least 2015!!

I for one am very pleased!! :)
Re: its no toke!!
Posted: 2011-06-24, 3:22 am

Silverback
That's good to hear.

You got a link for us?

Peace.

Posted: 2011-06-24, 3:23 am

potlover
http://coffeeshopnews.nl/index.php?opti ... =2154#2154

Posted: 2011-06-24, 10:17 am

shroomer
It does seem that there is some progress in the USA. I live in Arizona and they just legalized medicinal marijuana. It seems as though most people don't mind weed smoking. I teach college and it seems the majority of my students, who range up into their 40s, are down for legalization. My neighbors too. But the problem is that the people of America don't run America to the extent that they should.

We still have a long way to go.

Posted: 2011-06-25, 4:36 am

jgramos Moderator
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner......I was obviously in Amsterdam whilst AmsterdamChris was. I spoke to several people, and basically, it's not even talked about, it's only being discussed online......there is no suggestion that this is going to be imposed in Amsterdam.

Peace

Posted: 2011-07-01, 6:25 pm

deadheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
AMSTERDAM (AP Jun 29, 2011) — The Dutch government's plan to stop tourists from buying marijuana in the Netherlands has apparently been set back after a ruling from the country's top legal advisory body.

The Council of State was ruling on a 2006 ordinance by the city of Maastricht barring foreigners from "coffee shops," where cannabis is openly sold.

Marijuana possession is illegal in the Netherlands but tolerated in small amounts.

The council said Wednesday Maastricht overstepped its authority: national law already theoretically bans selling marijuana, so cities can't regulate sales.

The ruling implies the government must change the law in order to bar foreigners, rather than simply amending policy. Prime Minister Mark Rutte repeated the plan will go ahead, without specifying how.
Posted: 2011-07-01, 8:53 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Woo Hoo!!!
Posted: 2011-07-01, 9:49 pm

Timoo
Hi, reading the first 2 pages of this topic I tend to think you don't really know what is going on.
Being ex-Dutch (I moved to Belgium after the murder on Pim Fortuyn), I closely follow the Netherlands.

There are a few forces getting together
You see it around the world, in times of war and crises; trying to close the borders for "foreigners & unwanted trade". In this particular case, this dopehead, you will know him, Geert Wilders, he comes from Limburg. This is the south of the Netherlands. Living in Belgium I get confronted with a lot of news about that area, mainly about drugs trafficking. Be assured that, if you have French numberplates and you are driving around in that area at the wrong time, you WILL be stopped & checked by local police (Belgian).

It is these cities (Maastricht, Terneuzen, Venlo, Breda maybe) that are asking for 'protection'. Imagine; 80% to 90% of weed sales over there are to foreigners, drugs traffickers. They don't contribute to tourism; they come in by car, score and drive the Hell back to France (or Germany or whatever). This is booming business at the borders already for 20 or 30 years. And it is getting out of hand (car chasings in Belgium, on a weekly or even daily base). They are like musquitos: since it is illegal in their country, they behave like criminals. The Netherlands has been trying to get Europe to legalize it (more or less), but they are some kind of "loosing the battle".

That's the real problem
And with Geert Wilders in, CDA dares to counter this problem, indeed "gentrifying population"a bit. Christians eh. Rest assured, I hate them. This is stupidity in power. But above reflects the problems being addressed to the government. The mayor of Maastricht is really worried about this trafficking. Eindhoven has a problem. In Terneuzen they have been closing shops. Just to get the musquitos out.

This law is not about Amsterdam. That is not an interesting place for drugs traffic. 1: it's too expensive. 2: it is up north for more than 200 km from the border. Too much, especially if you can get it close to the border. And that's where the problem rises, especially for the last 10 years or so...

Hope this helps,
Timoo

ps. I am looking for good sex in Amsterdam; some experiences with clubs or private houses?
Posted: 2011-07-01, 9:56 pm

donpacino
Timoo wrote:
Hi, reading the first 2 pages of this topic I tend to think you don't really know what is going on.
Being ex-Dutch (I moved to Belgium after the murder on Pim Fortuyn), I closely follow the Netherlands.

There are a few forces getting together
You see it around the world, in times of war and crises; trying to close the borders for "foreigners & unwanted trade". In this particular case, this dopehead, you will know him, Geert Wilders, he comes from Limburg. This is the south of the Netherlands. Living in Belgium I get confronted with a lot of news about that area, mainly about drugs trafficking. Be assured that, if you have French numberplates and you are driving around in that area at the wrong time, you WILL be stopped & checked by local police (Belgian).

It is these cities (Maastricht, Terneuzen, Venlo, Breda maybe) that are asking for 'protection'. Imagine; 80% to 90% of weed sales over there are to foreigners, drugs traffickers. They don't contribute to tourism; they come in by car, score and drive the Hell back to France (or Germany or whatever). This is booming business at the borders already for 20 or 30 years. And it is getting out of hand (car chasings in Belgium, on a weekly or even daily base). They are like musquitos: since it is illegal in their country, they behave like criminals. The Netherlands has been trying to get Europe to legalize it (more or less), but they are some kind of "loosing the battle".

That's the real problem
And with Geert Wilders in, CDA dares to counter this problem, indeed "gentrifying population"a bit. Christians eh. Rest assured, I hate them. This is stupidity in power. But above reflects the problems being addressed to the government. The mayor of Maastricht is really worried about this trafficking. Eindhoven has a problem. In Terneuzen they have been closing shops. Just to get the musquitos out.

This law is not about Amsterdam. That is not an interesting place for drugs traffic. 1: it's too expensive. 2: it is up north for more than 200 km from the border. Too much, especially if you can get it close to the border. And that's where the problem rises, especially for the last 10 years or so...

Hope this helps,
Timoo

ps. I am looking for good sex in Amsterdam; some experiences with clubs or private houses?

Thanks for that, very interesting.

Posted: 2011-07-02, 6:19 am

Supporting Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a limit of 5 grams/purchase (or something like that)? I thought that was suppose to be the answer to people driving up and leaving with 10 kilos in their trunks to take back to Belgium or wherever.

I don't doubt there is a real problem in the border towns and they are struggling with how to deal with it. The whole foreigners thing is probably not legal anyway since it breaks all kinds of EU trade laws although since pot is really still illegal, that's a hard one to argue. Speaking of the EU, isn't there some kind of case in the European court about this drug stuff?
Posted: 2011-07-02, 1:39 pm

jgramos Moderator
deadhead wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a limit of 5 grams/purchase (or something like that)? I thought that was suppose to be the answer to people driving up and leaving with 10 kilos in their trunks to take back to Belgium or wherever.

I don't doubt there is a real problem in the border towns and they are struggling with how to deal with it. The whole foreigners thing is probably not legal anyway since it breaks all kinds of EU trade laws although since pot is really still illegal, that's a hard one to argue. Speaking of the EU, isn't there some kind of case in the European court about this drug stuff?

No, you're not wrong, Coffeeshops are limited to selling 5 grams of weed per person per day - that doesn't stop a small van with 5 or 6 people going into 10 different coffeeshops and picking up their limit in each one, and therefore buying 250 - 300 grams before heading on their way. This is obviously totally illegal, because I believe the 5 gram rule also relates to the Politie's policies, and technically, you shouldn't have more than 5 grams on your person at any one time.

But, when you are talking about 10kg's, this is very unlikely to come through a coffeeshop, more like a coffeeshops supplier, or another "link down the chain". Coffeeshops aren't allowed to have more than 500 grams on the premisies at any one time, so that sort of deal would be impossible.

Re: the EU court - The Netherlands drugs policy is The Netherlands own business.....however, they did go to the EU court to clear up the grey areas regarding "members clubs", i.e. would it be legal to make coffeeshops members only to people residing in The Netherlands - they said it was legal to have members clubs!? Which is quite crazy, when I know of golf clubs, etc...who have had a "mens only" bar and a lounge bar for everyone for years and years....but the EU courts decided that wasn't fair, and would no longer be legal!?! Fucking crazy, especially when the EU say that basically banning all tourists from certain premises in the Netherlands is fine!?!?

Peace

Posted: 2011-07-03, 12:05 am

Supporting Member
If it's a real problem, I would think the answer would be for a couple of Belgium/German cops to sit outside the coffeeshops in the border towns write down license plates. and then stop them in their own countries. I'm sure the Netherlands would have no issue with that. If it's important to them, devote some resources to it. No reason why a bunch of lazy cops should cause all of this hassle for tourists or natives who just want to have a smoke.
Posted: 2011-07-03, 10:41 am

Timoo
deadhead wrote:
If it's a real problem, I would think the answer would be for a couple of Belgium/German cops to sit outside the coffeeshops in the border towns write down license plates. and then stop them in their own countries. I'm sure the Netherlands would have no issue with that. If it's important to them, devote some resources to it. No reason why a bunch of lazy cops should cause all of this hassle for tourists or natives who just want to have a smoke.

I think you would end up with legal issues.
A Belgian cop sitting outside of a Dutch coffeeshop...

+

The border between Belgium and The Netherlands is more than 300km, so controlling it all ain't easy. And controlling each and every coffeeshop isn't either. Don't forget; if you put an outpost at a few coffeeshops in Maastricht, within a week those traffickers move to other places near the border. that already is an issue. Count to that the difficulties within Belgian police and you KNOW they will not result in effective action... :-)

Most important, though, is that they are -again, like Dutch always do- making storm in a glass of water.
Of course they are not going to blow out tourism. They only want to make sure trafficking stops.
Amsterdam remains a safe haven for blowers.

By the way, did you know that for hookers Brussels North is more interesting these days than Amsterdam?
Less regulation, more 'open market'. At least, that's what I heard on the train back home...
Posted: 2011-07-03, 6:02 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Thanks for your input Timoo. Those of us not familiar with Dutch politics can only guess. I would hope that the pressure from the US has decreased in the past few years, but I'm not counting on it.

Quote:
did you know that for hookers Brussels North is more interesting these days than Amsterdam?
Less regulation, more 'open market'.

Is that the area where Oostende is?

I would love to visit Sabrina again. She never did answer my last email though. Not sure if she's still there.

the dogs
Any updates on the proposed banning of tourists from coffee shops??
Posted: 2011-07-04, 11:19 pm

Davey88
Just wondering if any more has been said on the proposed banning of tourists from the coffee shops?? And is there any substance to it??

My cousin, who resides in Amsterdam close to Centraal Station, is doing nothing to allay my fears that this year could be the last chance to go for a smoke & sex break ... But on the other hand posts I have been reading regarding the matter seem to brush it under the carpet as if they have heard it all before!?
Re: Any updates on the proposed banning of tourists from coffee shops??
Posted: 2011-07-04, 11:20 pm

Aardvark
There's a 4 page thread on the first page on this topic called "it's no toke!!". That contains all your answers.

[ Indeed. Threads have been merged. --admin ]
Posted: 2011-07-07, 7:45 pm

vicgoo
That said, as much as I will regret seeing our oasis of freedom disappear, every government has the right to make its own laws. Sometimes those laws will be seen as discriminatory by citizens of other countries, but thats par for the course. What we can do, though, is work to get some of those insane laws nullified in our own country. You might say that is way too unrealistic, and you may be right... (quote)

I was in Massachusetts this weekend and found out from friends there that MA has decriminalized weed.Also she said she was pulled over by cops searched and found E and special K and they gave it back to her saying they were looking for drugs of abuse whatever that meant!

Posted: 2011-07-13, 12:06 am

jgramos Moderator
....right, literally just back from another short stint in the Dam, and it's time to totally squash all of the rumours and reports about tourists no longer being able to buy cannabis in Amsterdam coffeeshops.

It's all total rubbish!!!

Approximately 2 weeks ago, the Mayor (I think it was the mayor) of Amsterdam announced that coffeeshops will continue to be allowed to sell cannabis to tourists. This will be reviewed in 2015, but it looks like they will never stop the toking in the Dam!! :-)

Glad to be the bearer of good news for once! ;-)

Peace

Posted: 2011-07-13, 9:09 am

mrpercy
Yes yes yes!!!! Some good news, love it!!!
Posted: 2011-07-13, 1:04 pm

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Way to go , JG...you Da Man!!

Sam
 [ 164 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Jump to: