Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 164 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: it's no toke!!
Posted: 2011-09-05, 7:46 am

Aardvark
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Plus that article is dated 30 June 2011 so circumstances may change.

It will possibly happen but right now it seems improbable and to the people who already think it's in effect? It's not in effect currently.
Posted: 2011-09-05, 3:43 pm

jgramos Moderator
Once again.....I will re-iterate what I said on at least 1 previous page of this thread, if not more pages than that. Coffeeshops in Amsterdam are not going to be effected until at least 2015, when there will be a review.....at that point there is a possibilty that something will get implemented, but it's expected that even in 2015 they will not implement any coffeeshop ruling in Amsterdam.

Nothing's changed from the last time I updated, i.e. middle of July, and the most recently posted article saying the coffeeshops are closing, was dated end of June.

Peace

Posted: 2011-09-05, 4:27 pm

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
jgramos wrote:
Once again.....I will re-iterate what I said on at least 1 previous page of this thread, if not more pages than that. Coffeeshops in Amsterdam are not going to be effected until at least 2015, when there will be a review.....at that point there is a possibilty that something will get implemented, but it's expected that even in 2015 they will not implement any coffeeshop ruling in Amsterdam.

Nothing's changed from the last time I updated, i.e. middle of July, and the most recently posted article saying the coffeeshops are closing, was dated end of June.

Peace

To which I say..you be Da Man, JG!

Sam
Posted: 2011-09-05, 5:47 pm

SVU18 Power Kat
Agreed it won't affect anything right now. But the bigger question is why?

It's just another example of a politician being short sighted '. They moved all those "boutiques " in the kamers to make the RLD a fashion and cultural venue. That was a brilliant success. Now its time to go after tourists who smoke weed. They are attempting to subvert the essense of what this part of Amsterdam is. They don't want the first thing that comes to a foreigners mind when mentioning Ansterdam to be weed and prostitues. They are trying to change Hollands "brand". If they are successful...(don't think they will be) the country will lose millions in revenue from tax collections from hotels,bars,eaterys , and yes coffee shops.
Smoking and patronizing prostitues legally is in the very fabric of the Dutch culture. Tourists have nothing to do with it. What they need to do is focus their resources on getting rid of the riff raff . There has been a higher Polite presense in the RLD. But they need to gt some plainclothes guys and gals in there and lock up these drug dealers and remove the pissy drunk idiots alot quicker than they do now.

Posted: 2011-09-05, 7:16 pm

jgramos Moderator
Agreed SVU, that's exactly what they are trying to do. I can't see it ever happening myself either.....everyone knows Amsterdam as the sex and drugs capital of Europe, but they all also know about the historical sites/places, and almost everyone who goes to Amsterdam will see some/all of these things at least once, but most will continue to return to Amsterdam because of the sex and drugs and liberal relaxed atmosphere not to see the Anne Frank House or Van Gogh museum for a second time (obviously this excludes people who go there on business regularly, none of this really applies to them because they're just lucky buggers!! lol).

By 2015, members of council/government may well have moved on to different areas of politics, and newer councillors/politicians will have their own views, so by that time things will have most likely changed again.

So for the next 4 years, I intend to enjoy every joint I can in Amsterdam! :-)

Peace

Posted: 2011-09-05, 7:25 pm

Aardvark
jgramos wrote:

So for the next 4 years, I intend to enjoy every joint I can in Amsterdam! :-)

Well said!
Posted: 2011-09-05, 7:53 pm

Boobmanz
I don't know where the year of 2015 is coming from, but obviously the one who stated this is not familiar with how current Dutch politics work. The current government has a very weak base in parlement (of the 150 members in parlement, the governing adminstration exactly counts 76 members), which means, which we have seen so far, they will force the typical 'right wing toys', like the wietpas a.s.a.p. because their majority is very fragile and might -given the current economic situation- collapse any time. New elections are in 2014, so also before 2015 when we probably will see a whole different government.
Posted: 2011-09-05, 10:56 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
One of the leading legal commentators and authorities on the whole wietpas issue is Jan Brouwer,Professor of Law at the University of Groningen and also director of the Centre for Public Order and Security. In one of his recent papers on this subject he confirms that individual municipalities are free to ignore the wietpas:

“The basis of a ban on the sale of soft drugs to foreigners must be set out in local by-laws,” he says. “If the City Council does not want to do so, the Federal Government can jump high and low, but it won’t happen.”

Posted: 2011-09-05, 11:53 pm

Boobmanz
akaDrPussy wrote:
One of the leading legal commentators and authorities on the whole wietpas issue is Jan Brouwer,Professor of Law at the University of Groningen and also director of the Centre for Public Order and Security. In one of his recent papers on this subject he confirms that individual municipalities are free to ignore the wietpas:

“The basis of a ban on the sale of soft drugs to foreigners must be set out in local by-laws,” he says. “If the City Council does not want to do so, the Federal Government can jump high and low, but it won’t happen.”

And this is a professor? He obviously hasn't read the verdict by the Raad van State. Apart from that: The Hague sets the law. There is an anology with the latest ban on squatting. All major cities were opposed, but The Hague made squatting illegal and now Amsterdam willing or unwllinly empties all squatted houses one by one.

I understand you're hope for the better and I wish The Hague will reconsider, but it's in vain. The truth of the matter is that the majority of Dutch voters are backward people living in horrendous provinces like Brabant, Groningen and esp Limburg who wanna go back to the safe and structured world of the fifties. These people make the laws, not liberal Amsterdammers.
Posted: 2011-09-06, 12:04 am

jgramos Moderator
Boobmanz....I quoted 2015. And I'll stand by it, unless I am told otherwise by my sources.

Posted: 2011-09-06, 10:20 am

Mister Mingeater
..... and so it rolls on (yawn) - no amount of fretting or worrying will make any difference and is just energy wasting and negative.
We are here today and tomorrow we can't be too sure of so let's be happy and enjoy now.
So much speculation over the years and so much time people wasted worrying and we still have a RLD with all the things we love (albeit safer and cleaner than when I started over 30 years ago)
Let's ditch the negative stuff and celebrate what we have by getting into town, enjoying some quality smokes, fine beers and sexy women.
Be really happy with what we have and have it now - could be run over by a tram next visit ('kin miracle I survived all these years!)
Sending happiness to all from 'the sipper of the velvet cup'
In town October for a 'munch' or 2, can't wait, I'm getting peckish lol.
Posted: 2011-09-06, 11:02 am

jgramos Moderator
Amen

Posted: 2011-09-06, 8:05 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Amen x2

Posted: 2011-09-15, 1:47 pm

Dutch Pimp
yes or no will the coffeeshops be closed to tourist come 2012

i cant find my post on this question and cant get a clear answer

In that time I have made 12 trips there and each one has been great.
Posted: 2011-09-15, 2:32 pm

Mister Mingeater
The Coffeeshops will be open to tourists in 2012.
Enjoy.

Posted: 2011-09-15, 7:03 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Dutch Pimp wrote:
yes or no will the coffeeshops be closed to tourist come 2012

i cant find my post on this question and cant get a clear answer

Your post (the new thread you started on Sept 4 with a subject line in ALL CAPS, which I fixed) was merged with this thread. People took the time to reply to you. In future, use the view your posts link on the front page to locate your posts. This should help you out as a lot of them will probably end up getting moved, merged or simply deleted if you're as lazy as you appear to be.

Posted: 2011-10-03, 8:07 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15134669

Maastricht bans cannabis coffee-shop tourists
A ban on some foreign tourists has come into force in the cannabis-selling coffee shops of the Dutch border city of Maastricht.

Posted: 2011-10-03, 11:37 pm

charlieb82
think its silly and will ruin tourism
Posted: 2011-11-08, 11:22 pm

Boobmanz
Latest:
The three southern provinces will have to close it's coffeeshops to foreigners as off 1-1-2012, though might get an extra six months. Rest of the Netherlands will follow as of 1-1-2013 as the responsible minister stated today.
Posted: 2011-11-11, 1:10 am

straton
to my knowledge it will not apply to amsterdam. this is what i was told last time i was there, end of august.
 [ 164 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: