Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Selection after the Cup
Posted: 2011-11-16, 12:39 pm

chris2088
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey guys,

I was wondering what the weed selection is like after the Cannabis Cup? Specifically, the week or so after it ends? I know that many of the shops don't even participate in this event. But I tend to frequent some of the more commercial shops. Is it possible that some of the shops will be out of the higher quality stuff? Does anyone know when you can usually buy the entries/winners?

I'm currently planning a trip and can't decide whether to come 1 or 2 weeks after the cup. I don't get to visit often anymore and want the best selection possible. I've decided against visiting during the cup because I like a more relaxed everyday type vibe. I'd love to hear any advice from people who visit during this time or live in Amsterdam.
Thank you!
Re: Selection after the Cup
Posted: 2011-11-16, 1:01 pm

potlover
Quality is pretty much constant during the year, shops may have a really good or really bad batch every now and then, but that depends more on randomness and on the shop's quality itself.

May i suggest to try some non commercial coffee shops for a change?

Entries can be found during the cup and way after, same for the winner.

This said, don't trust too much this title, i was there in December 2010, tried the tangerine dream from Barney's and it was weak and way overpriced, decent taste but a cigarette would have made me higher!

EDIT: not sure if i had it on December or later, but it was weak and too expansive anyway!

About quality i can add that the first joint of Jack Herrer from Blues Brother knocked both me and my brother on the bed just a couple of hours after landing LOL

Was something like December 4-8.

Posted: 2011-11-17, 12:57 am

expatsam
FWIW I found the Tangerine Dream to be pretty good from Barney's in January 2011. By pretty good I mean better than 80% of the pot I've ever smoked. Nothing else from there made an impression on me. I think I tried Willie Nelson (because who doesn't love Willie?) and Cherry something and Dr. Grinspoon (whose name should be shortened to just the 'poo' part), but without checking notes I'm not even sure. Not because it did my brain in but because it wasn't really all that memorable.

The best smoke I had that trip was definitely the Chocolope from Grey Area (if memory serves without consulting my notes...it was definitely chocolope and I'm pretty sure it was Grey Area). That was up there in the top 5-10% of the best I've ever smoked. After the second joint (my own not pre-, about the size of a normal cigarette) in a row I achieved the sort of verge-of-visuals that's as high as I can get from smoking. Not a lot of pot will get me that high, no matter how much I smoke. Eating is another story. (But I pretty much only eat my own preparations so I know I'm not wasting time, money, etc.) I arrive tomorrow and Grey Area is my first stop to shop.

Anyway, if one just googles the phrase cannabis cup winners you can find various sites that list the winners of various competitions (HTCC, Med Cup, Spannabis, etc.) by year and category. I recommend seeking it at the shop that entered it. And seeking out other highly regarded, albeit less vigorously marketed shops as well! And of course, your mileage may vary...
Posted: 2011-11-18, 12:47 pm

chris2088
Thank you for the information guys! I plan to try many new shops on my next visit. I guess I'm really more concerned with the shops being "out of stock" rather than lower quality batches. I've never been so soon after the cup and didn't know how much of an effect the extra smokers would have.

After reading some older posts, in various forums, the responses seem to be varied. Some people claim it takes up to 2 weeks before the premium stocks are back to normal. Others seem to claim the few thousand extra smokers don't make a drop in the bucket.
Posted: 2011-11-18, 2:22 pm

balou1999_75962
The gear usually comes flowing back in the weekend after the HTCC. The only strains that are almost guaranteed to sell out or maybe somewhat scarce are the one's that place in the CC. If you do frequent the more touristy shops, Barney's or Greenhouse, be prepared for a few strains to be out of stock. As for the others, its pretty close to business as usual.

Peace
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: