Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 17 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
What will happen on May 1st? are they really gonna ban weed?
Posted: 2012-04-21, 10:48 pm

skyguy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Please can someone tell me what's going on? I heard they are going to ban tourist from smoking weed starting from May 1st?? is that true? My trip to Amsterdam is on May 8th and I'm gonna cancel it for sure if they are going to ruin the vacation that I've been waiting for so long
Re: What will happen on May 1st? are they really gonna ban weed?
Posted: 2012-04-21, 10:56 pm

potlover
Yes, they will...at least in 3 provinces in the south.
Enjoy your trip.

Posted: 2012-04-21, 11:14 pm

skyguy
What about Amsterdam?
Posted: 2012-04-21, 11:17 pm

potlover
Is in noord holland.......

Posted: 2012-04-21, 11:26 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
skyguy wrote:
What about Amsterdam?

It will be business as usual in Amsterdam for your trip!

Posted: 2012-04-22, 12:00 am

skyguy
Thanks all...I hope this weed pass thing get refused and suspended
Posted: 2012-04-22, 12:26 am

essexlad Power Kat
Is Den Haag/ The Hague going to be affect by May 1st or is it later in the year?

it's got me worried as I'm going to the hague on june 1st
Posted: 2012-04-22, 12:34 am

potlover
Limburg, Noord Brabant and Zeeland are the only (as now) where the weedpass will be implemented in a few days.

Enjoy Den Haag! (Zuid Holland, 6 days and i'm there too)

Posted: 2012-04-22, 12:48 am

essexlad Power Kat
potlover wrote:
Limburg, Noord Brabant and Zeeland are the only (as now) where the weedpass will be implemented in a few days.

Enjoy Den Haag! (Zuid Holland, 6 days and i'm there too)

Thanks man I forgot those towns then reading more weed banning shit got me worried about it.

Cool man if you could do report on the coffee shops there as it be my first time in the hague so always nice to hear the latest on weed and comfortable places to chill

Have a good time there mate :-)
Posted: 2012-04-22, 9:25 pm

block
The word from Maastricht is that coffeeshops are going to ignore the ban and fight it in court. I have had several folks on the board tell me that Maastricht shops were already enforcing the ban but that is not true. The ban is "supposed" to go in effect May 1.

Miles Davis
Posted: 2012-04-27, 6:47 pm

burn out
Another article:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47203971
Posted: 2012-04-27, 8:07 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Well they are set to appeal immediately if that fails then they taking it to the european court of human rights.

My advise is to book a few more trips just in case. already going next month looks like I have to book one in November.

If the ban does happen its bye bye Amsterdam and Hello to Germany.
Posted: 2012-04-28, 5:59 am

officematt2002
Was visiting with extended family and my brother's brother-in-law was telling that Holland is too chaotic of a country in people respect the local and national laws that it will be very difficult to enforce, and will be something on the books that is not followed up.
Posted: 2012-05-04, 9:01 pm

straton
The situation, as far as i am told from who lives in Amsterdam and who is here in Brussels following the fact, is as following:
france and germany were pushing jolland to do something for the traffic across border. i remember going from brussels to terneuzen or berghem op zoom, and also the guy at the desk in the coffe was speaking french...

so first they started some year ago to 'control' the traffic around the coffee shops close to the border, and they shut down a couple for a while. don't rememebr exaclty, but was something related to the quantity of weed/hash stored for selling.
then they started to introduce the finger print, but apparently also with this the traffic was intense.

Now the card. teh coffee shops are closing because no dutch is doing any card... it is a principle of privacy respect, that i second...

the thing is that this kind of laws are subjected to the major acceptance. the one close to the border were 'forced' to accept it, but the one of amsterdam already said that he will never apply it.
honestly, 65% of turism will die in one shot...

without sayng that from here to 2013 teh street dealers will augment rapidly... and the law will change again.

cheers!
Posted: 2012-05-05, 11:11 am

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi straton,

straton wrote:
france and germany were pushing jolland to do something for the traffic across border.

Absolutely.

Speaking of french government and next President, I don't have doubt about who it will be.
It should be (unless there is big storm tonight) François Hollande, who is still very hostile against cannabis and smoking weed. We could think thats if kinda funny as there are thousands and thousands of regulars weed costumers in France (the first ones in Europe I guess), but he probably closes his eyes. Actually it is not funny at all. When I watched a french TV Show two weeks ago, he clearly said that he wanted the cannabis must remains forbidden/prohibited and he was scared that consumers would become drug dealers (??). I was pissed off as hell. It still sounds like cannabis is a big taboo since years but alcohol not. Either him or Sarkozy are by the way against legalization, but Hollande was supposed to be more liberal about cannabis as he supposed to be on the left wing. I'm not surprised when Marine Le Pen says everything but not legalization but that's different with what is supposed to be the french left wing today, and it's definitely not. He just has the sticker PS, but his ideas are very much like Sarkozy's ones. End of the parenthesis.

I just hope that this weed pass will not be effective in Amsterdam in the near future.
Posted: 2012-05-22, 8:38 am

piffybooga
Hello everyone!

I've missed you!

You must be asked this a million times a day but I am heading back to the gorgeous Amsterdam in late July...

I can freely walk into a coffee shop and purchase some cannabis can't I?

The press in the UK are trying all they can to confuse things...

Reading above, it seems the 'weed pass' law hasn't been enforced in Amsterdam (yet).

Love you guysh!

The Booga

Posted: 2012-05-22, 1:27 pm

rich330
just got back, yes you can as the law changes on the 1st jan 2013

also i have a sneaky feeling some will simply ignore this law

there is meant to be a smoking ban on tobacco out there, some (1 bar,bulldog) said to a friend he cant smoke his cigarette and only joints allowed, everywhere else either ignored the fact that cigarettes were being smoked or might aswell have stuck there middle fnger up to the law when the staff light up a cigarette behind the bar!
 [ 17 posts ] 

Jump to: