Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Brief trip report, week ending 1/25/15
Posted: 2015-01-25, 7:58 pm

for_my_princess
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was in AMS for a few days this past week. Here's what I remember from my tour of some of the coffee shops:

1e Hulp: This is where I went first, on my first evening. The place is a bit far from the "happening" quarter (though it was not so far from my hotel), and the weed prices are a bit lower than at the center. From what I tried, the quality of weed is quite good: I bought and smoked a gram of Lemon Haze sitting there, and I was stoned nearly out of my mind for the rest of the evening: I remember walking around the more interesting parts of AMS for a few hours after! I didn't like the smoking area in the shop very well, though: it is dark and dingy, and the crowd seems intent on keeping to themselves.

Dampkring: This is what I tried first the next day, and this is the place I liked the most. The prices are a bit higher than at 1e Hulp, but the budtender and the waiters are very helpful and jovial. Also, the clients are more "social" than at 1e Hulp (or at other places I visited); I ended up having interesting conversations with a Finn (Hi there, if you're reading this!) and a few Dutch people. I revisited the place a couple of times at different times of the day. Indeed, I kept being drawn back to the place each time I visited somewhere else. I smoked a few different strains here; I don't remember their names now, but I do remember that I liked the effects!

Boerejongens: This place only sells weed, there is no place there to sit and smoke. And since this is winter, I didn't want to go out and smoke. So I didn't buy anything from here.

Blues Brothers: This is the place I disliked the most. The weed menu doesn't offer much to choose from, and the smoking area looks like a dingy bar from the rundown parts of Asia.

I went to a few other coffeeshops as well (The Jolly Joker?, Hill Street Blues, ...), but there's not much I remember of those, since I was well and truly stoned.

Here's a question I have: I remember finding a bar where they would allow you to smoke weed inside, though they themselves don't sell weed. This looked like a nice place as well, but I didn't have any weed with me at that time so I didn't sit and smoke then. Later, when I had the weed with me, I couldn't even remember the name of this bar. What bar could this be?
Re: Brief trip report, week ending 1/25/15
Posted: 2015-03-18, 10:44 pm

expatwannabe
Last visit for me was November, 2013, Thanksgiving and the Cannabis Cup! Trinity Bar, OZ VOORBURGWAL 46, allowed weed smoking. I did ask first, the place wasn't busy, and I kept it low-key.
Re: Brief trip report, week ending 1/25/15
Posted: 2015-03-18, 11:30 pm

Mister Mingeater
Regarding a 'smoking' bar Batavia has a number of different rooms and allow smoking in one for sure. The entrance is near central station and you navigate the internal rooms to find the smoking area at the back which overlooks the canal.
http://batavia1920.nl/
Coffeeshop Central is nearby and around the corner is Voyagers which sell good quality goodies. I.D. is usually requested.
Cheers,
Mr M

Posted: 2015-03-21, 10:39 am

dsbs69
+1 for Batavia! Nice vibe in there - if you like beer, you'll be in heaven and the smoking room is brilliant!

Down a staircase at the very back of the bar and you have a big room, comfy seating, food is served down there and when the weather is nice they open the big window that looks over the canal across to Voyagers...

Gezellig!
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: