Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Doetinchem - news from the RLD 2.0 (or something alike).
Posted: 2014-09-10, 8:22 pm

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Apart from the most psychedelic power pylon of the Known Universe (*) there is probably little that will bring the small town of Doetinchem into the tourist guides. Oh well, this is not a tourist guide, is it? The town has something else: an interesting indoor RLD facility, worthy of investigation – well, sorts of.

I hit this place by accident. I had work to do in the east of the Netherlands, and with the formerly pretty nice RLD in Arnhem closed one has little options there. Deventer has a Liliputean RLD, Nijmegen (also pretty small) was too far south, Eindhoven even further, so Doetinchem seemed at least a viable option. It was recorded and documented live at Hookers.nl. Up there I went. The place was not too easy to find, but then I drive without GPS (Gastonmobile too old, meselves too proud to buy a Garmin or likewise). Sensible drivers should do better. Location is a business (light industry, garages etc.) district in the south of town, close to the A18 motorway (exit Doetinchem Oost), where in a sidestreet (Roerstraat) is a bland semi-industrial building with a large parking lot in front. A sign reads ‘Escape’ and there you are.

The place –according to a local I spoke - originated somewhere in the late ‘90’s, early ‘00’s, when the Arnhem RLD was about to close and a local businessman decided to have a try at, er, ‘facility management’. It developed into the present site. It’s pretty unique IMHO, a large hall about 40 by 20 metres which could be any semi-industrial building, two floors high, filled with about 40 rooms. There is a toilet (clean) and a drinks machine for the male visitors, and a restroom and showers for the working ladies. Ambiance is zero, it lacks all atmosphere usually associated with an RLD, but - by lack of alternatives - it works. It’s the 21st century version of the ‘Laufhaus’.

I have been there about half a dozen times, on either Mondays or Wednesdays. Mondays are bad. They are never good in any RLD or club, but in Doetinchem they mean 5 to 10 girls maximum and double the number of visiting men. Chances of meeting someone you fancy and actually being able to see / session her are remote. Wednesday afternoons, however, seem to be the better option: I have seen 10 to 15 girls at work, and some of them were pretty acceptable for my standards. Later in the week and/or evenings may even be a bit better.

I have sessioned there 4 times so far, always for EUR 50. This seems to be a pretty good starting point for fair service. It may be that basic starting prices are lower, but this brings you decent value for money, at least in my experience. The first time was an older Hungarian, who included uncovered oral services (rare in the Netherlands, and really appreciated by yours truly), and was pretty enthousiast in session. I would happily have repeated, but I never saw her again. Almost German FKK / Sauna Club service in a Dutch RLD, it made me pretty happy. Second was a Dutch woman (ex Den Haag), nothing special but good –looking and value for money. No repeat. The third was a Macedonian MILF (ex Zandpad, Utrecht, another forced closed RLD) which was a good combination of the first two. Service with a smile, repeat possible. Fourth (and as far as I am concerned last) was a big miss, however: a blonde Hungarian (could be pop-star Pink’s twin sister) who gave me one of the worst RLD session I encountered the last few years: not a rip-off, but so utterly impersonal and un-inspiring that it was close. A total waste of money.

It made me change my mind on the thing a bit. I wasted a few times precious time and kilometers for non-sessions, and the risk of mediocre sessions is realistic. I am anyway more an FKK/ Sauna Club man than that I like RLD’s, and I think I will skip this place even if I have to be (relatively) near there in the future. Then again, I’m a man, with all associated changes of mind, so….

Reports in the Dutch fora are mixed. There are – obviously – good and bad girls, and all is according to individual taste. However, the place mixes two pretty unique characteristics: the only decent place with choice in the east of NL, and an availability of girls commuting out of Germany, working with German standards (better than Dutch IMHO, like the possibility of uncovered oral). And the closure of other RLD’s seems to benefit the location as providers move on to Doetinchem.

In conclusion, in the terminology of the famous Guide Mich, is Doetinchem ‘Worth the Journey’? No way, the offerings are just too little. ‘Worth the detour’? Well, if you are near Arnhem and in need, the ‘Zandpad’ in Utrecht is no longer a viable option, so it’s either Duisburg (lots of girls, but a good 100 kilometers away) or Doetinchem (less girls, equally less distance). Hmmmm. Perfect it is not, an interesting vision of RLD 2.0 it is.

So far, - and not really eager to return -

Gaston.

(*) serious: put Google Maps on, set your Yellow Man on the Energieweg, halfway between Keppelseweg en the rotunda with Zaagmolenpad, turn around and be prepared to see some really weird buildings – and the famous ‘Iron Man’ power pylon.

p.s. For Neurosynth: I would rate the thing 2 starts. Few rip-off’s but too little choice in general. But Duisburg only 3; are you serious ?
Re: Doetinchem - news from the RLD 2.0 (or something alike).
Posted: 2014-09-11, 10:28 am

sun-n-fun Moderator
uncovered oral "rare in the Netherlands". Hmm. I suggest a visit to Leeuwarden. This is readily available. Not 100% but sure about 1 in 3. Kissing also.
Posted: 2014-09-12, 10:09 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
As implied by Gaston's p.s. Doetinchem has been on the map linked below for some time.

Gaston, regarding star ratings on the map here is how I've defined them:

Ratings are based on the number of girls a typical guy is likely to find at a given time that meet a desirable standard of looks and service.

***** World Class - many you will like
**** Very Good - usually 3+ to your liking
*** Good - usually 1 or 2 to your liking
** Fair - you might find someone
* Poor - rip-offs and/or low quality

given these definitions, would you vote for elevating Duisburg to 4 stars? By way of comparison I list Bochum DE, Den Haag (Geleensraat), Frankfurt DE, and the now closed Utrecht Zandpad as being 4 star. Based on the window count Duisburg would seem to qualify, but I've heard mixed reports on session quality.

Not at all trying to be argumentative! Just want to make a good judgement call.

(I hope it's clear that I haven't visited all or even most of the locations on the map. I base the star count on size and reputation.)

Posted: 2014-09-13, 9:58 pm

G.laGaffe Power Kat
@ Sun&etc:

I stated 'the Netherlands', not Friesland, which is far, far to the north and almost an independent nation ;-)
No, I know, I know...
I'ts simply too far off the NL beaten track to be visited by yours truly. And do these people know food ?

@ Neuro:

Frankfurt only 4? Are you kidding ??
Based on talks with Dutchmen living in the DE border area, who massively seem to visit both Oberhausen and Duisburg (little choice they have), I would indeed upgrade Duisburg to 4. Service level seems to be higher than in the Netherlands and base price is lower, thus you get more value for money than on the (nota bene) more star Wallen.
Based on own experience I would be so bold - again - to ask for a raise for Frankfurt (Bahnhofsviertel at least) from 4 to 5. Honestly. It's no worse than the Wallen - certainly not after the closures in Amsterdam.

Could Splodgy - RLD connaisseur as no other - give his opinion ?

kind regards,

Gaston.

Neuro: one more: would it not make sense to merge the 2 RLD's in my native Bruxelles into one? They are geographically adjacent and the city also considers them to be one. And make them 4-star. Sorry to be that chauvinist. Serious: try to find a good girl in in 'your' 5 star Wallen at 7 o'clock in the morning... easy job in the Rue d'Aerschot. 24 hour service should be considered in your ratings (methinks).
Posted: 2014-09-13, 10:39 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
G.laGaffe wrote:
Frankfurt only 4? Are you kidding ??
Based on own experience I would be so bold - again - to ask for a raise for Frankfurt (Bahnhofsviertel at least) from 4 to 5. Honestly. It's no worse than the Wallen - certainly not after the closures in Amsterdam.

I'm reluctant to raise it to 5 stars based on my own experience. I've been there 3 times now and each time I found the quality to be lacking. Crediting it with 3+ finds in a visit actually overstates my own experience, and that's the 4 star level it now has. I know the Frankfurt RLD has its fans, but there are also many who find all the stair climbing to seriously inhibit their enjoyment and their ability to shop around for the best choice.

G.laGaffe wrote:
Based on talks with Dutchmen living in the DE border area, who massively seem to visit both Oberhausen and Duisburg (little choice they have), I would indeed upgrade Duisburg to 4. Service level seems to be higher than in the Netherlands and base price is lower, thus you get more value for money than on the (nota bene) more star Wallen.

I've heard the same from others as well...promoted to 4 stars!

G.laGaffe wrote:
Neuro: one more: would it not make sense to merge the 2 RLD's in my native Bruxelles into one? They are geographically adjacent and the city also considers them to be one. And make them 4-star. Sorry to be that chauvinist. Serious: try to find a good girl in in 'your' 5 star Wallen at 7 o'clock in the morning... easy job in the Rue d'Aerschot. 24 hour service should be considered in your ratings (methinks).

I split them because I've read more than one report where visitors found one area and not the other. Also reports are pretty consistent that the Rue de Aerschot/Rue de Quatrecht area is a full step up in quality relative to the Linnestraat/Plantenstraat area. That they are connected might be obvious to locals, but I try to err on the side of helping outsiders. If I hear more positive reviews about Brussels I'll increase the stars, but sorry to say most reports give a mediocre review.

But I do really appreciate the feedback! I keep a sort of rolling average and so if I hear more good things, or bad things, about a place I nudge them up or down. Ultimately I'm trying to tell the average guy visiting at a typical time how many girls he will find that he will want to spend money on. That is, of course, an impossible thing to accomplish. But I think the star ratings help more than hurt.

Thanks!

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: