Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
2015 Tour de France starting in Holland
Posted: 2014-10-30, 1:13 am

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I read last week that the route for the 2015 Tour de France had been made public.
While we have known since late 2013 that the 2015 Tour would start in Utrecht, the other stages were unknown until October 22nd.
Stage 1, on July 4, is basically a loop around the City.
Stage 2 goes from Utrecht to Neeltje Jans (Zelande) – 166 km.
Going to Utrecht for Stage 1 is out of the question…most hotels are already sold out…and I’m guessing the Utrecht train station will be quite the zoo.
So I was thinking about staking out a place to watch the race along Stage 2…166 kilometers offers quite a few opportunities.
Only problem is that I can’t find the route that Stage 2 will follow.
The “letour” website doesn’t have the route details.
Does anyone know how to find the specific route for a tour stage?
Ride on my brothers,
-ale

Posted: 2014-10-30, 9:43 am

johnlocke
Hi,

So stage1 for spatarcus or tony martin ? lol

stage 2:

inline image

Only found this in french : (in bold the only word i understand :-) )

Après le départ d'Utrecht, cette étape se dirige donc d'abord vers Rotterdam (lieu de départ du Tour de France 2010) avant de se diriger vers la province de Zélande (Zeeland), d'abord avec sa première île, Goeree-Overflakkee, suivie par la deuxième, Schouwen-Duiveland via la digue Brouwersdam et enfin donc l'arrivée sur Neeltje Jans, une île artificielle dans la digue qui permet de protéger le pays de la mer au niveau de l'entrée de l'Escaut oriental (Oosterschelde ; la digue s'appelle l'Oosterscheldekering).

Regards
2015 Tour de France starting in Holland
Posted: 2015-07-03, 7:55 pm

george47 Power Kat
Just a quick reminder to those interested (or wishing to avoid) that the Tour de France (sic) starts in Utrecht on Saturday & Sunday.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: