Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
directions for zandpad utrecht
Posted: 2006-10-19, 4:53 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
This is the infamous ‘Zandpad’, one of the legal prostitution areas of Utrecht, where we can see a line of cars parked opposite the boats (whose owners are ...
googlesightseeing.com/2006/09/12/floating-brothels/ - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

If you go to this site you get a overhead veiw of the boats and if you click the map option you get a detailed map.
Re: directions for zandpad utrecht
Posted: 2007-02-15, 9:44 pm

Mr Magoo
Is Zandpad readily accessible by public transport?

I have an upcoming trip that might find me kicking my heels in Utrecht Centraal between trains. By arriving earlier and leaving later, that could be stretched to 90 minutes or so.

With suitable directions from the experts on this forum, do you reckon that's enough time to find a coffeeshop, get a pre-roll, get to Zandpad, have time to browse for a quickie and then back to the station without risking a panic attack?

Also, anybody know if Utrecht has luggage lockers that operate on Real Money like the ones in Amsterdam CS. I was once stuck in Eindhoven unable to deposit my luggage because the lockers wouldnt take cash or foreign plastic.

Thanks for any assistance. I promise a trip report if it actually happens.

------ update -------
Ok, dont bother telling me to search the forum, just completed my search for Zandpad and found "a cab fom the citycentre to Zandpad will not take much more than 5 minutes. ", so I reckon that's the plan for me.

I've also found about half a dozen coffeeshops on Oude Gracht and Vismarkt which looks to be maybe 500m from the station, thanks to Google Maps and http://coffeeshop-guide.com/

Only remaining question is this: Can I be sure of finding a taxi on Zandpad to return me to the station? Is it usual/reasonable to expect a girl to call a taxi for me? Don't want that panic attack (stoned in Zandpad unable to get back to the station in time)

Thanks again
Re: directions for zandpad utrecht
Posted: 2007-02-16, 3:30 pm

athena
At the texaco station near the bridge in zandpad there's always a cab waiting for someone, at every hour. If not (but very difficult....), you can call the city taxy number (+31) 302300400.

Bye
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: