Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Location of Haarlem RLD?
Posted: 2007-03-11, 6:11 pm

sextourist
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Can someone tell me how to find the Haarlem RLD? I know where the market square is and I understand it's near there somewhere. Directions would be appreciated.
Re: Location of Haarlem RLD?
Posted: 2007-03-11, 7:29 pm

slick
Standing on the Grote Markt, facing the church, walk towards the street to the left of the church.
With the church on your right hand side, take a left into the Jansstraat.
After about 200m take a right into a small alley called Begijnesteeg.

That's where the RLD is.

There are about 10 windows on the left hand side of the alley, called Het Steegje.
At the end of the alley there's Het Poortje, where you have to pay to get in (I wouldn't bother), and if you take a quick right and left turn from there you're in the Korte Begijnenstraat. At the end of the street is a small covered area with some more windows.
That's basically it, apart from the odd window here and there in the area.
Posted: 2007-03-12, 1:42 pm

Dave
Here is the link to a map that might be of some use...

http://users.adelphia.net/~7rebel/images/Haarlem.jpg
Posted: 2007-03-13, 1:17 pm

sextourist
Thanks guys. With the instructions and map, I believe I'm ready to visit Haarlem. I'm heading for Amsterdam in June and thought I'd visit Haarlem for a day or two for a change from the big city this year.
I appreciate the help.
Posted: 2007-04-07, 7:56 pm

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
A very useful map. To add a little info, since it's beyond the scope of the map you might not realize that Janstraat also runs all the way up to the eastern edge of the Haarlem train station (the direction to Amsterdam). At the station the street name is Jansweg. When in front of the station at the intersection of Staionsplein & Jansweg with the rail tracks & station to your left you should turn right (South). When Jansweg crosses the Nieuwe Gracht it becomes Janstraat. I'd guess that the RLD, just off of Janstraat as shown on the map, is about 1km from the station.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: