Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
ukpunting blocking some ISPs
Posted: 2018-06-17, 10:03 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
When I try to use ukpunting I get the error message:

"Due to abuse from trolls, your internet provider has been blocked from accessing this site."

I've tried using my VPN service to get around this, and have been occasionally successful connecting from some obscure locations, but then they get closed up too. So they are obviously blacklisting known VPNs.

Has anyone figured out a way around this? I'll be going to London soon and need to research before arrival.

Posted: 2018-06-18, 5:10 pm

Liam1975
Hi Neurosynth,

I'm not registered on ukpunting but can I access it using the Opera browser in Turbo mode.

Hope this is of some use
Re: ukpunting blocking some ISPs
Posted: 2018-06-18, 7:58 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
First, thanks for taking the time to respond. It's always appreciated.

I'll try that but I don't think it will make any difference. What happens is ukpunting looks at your IP address and if it's on their blacklist it refuses to provide services. A VPN changes your (apparent) IP address, but ukpunting probably puts well known VPN servers on their blacklist as well.

(There are other ways these things can happen, but the above is the more likely case.)

I've been researching this a bit, and the most direct route is finding a VPN service that is small and obscure, and thus hasn't been blacklisted (yet.)

Posted: 2018-06-21, 1:59 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
FWIW I tried using the Tor Browser, said to get around IP-based blocking, and still am blocked. Are they doing some kind of deep packet analysis? This is very difficult, and very frustrating.

Posted: 2018-06-23, 6:39 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I've found an apparent workaround, at least for now. If I use my iPhone as a personal hotspot and go over the AT&T 4G network ukpunting.com lets me right through. A hassle to have to switch to that from my home wifi, but at least it works.

Posted: 2018-08-01, 2:35 pm

Vkcs20
These fucking do gooders have blocked the website?!..I can’t find it on google anymore!!!!...fucking fuming.
Posted: 2018-08-02, 12:11 pm

Eric
I was curious.

In my case, the Google "SafeSearch" setting changes my visibility of "ukpunting" as a search result; in fact, with the setting disabled, the site appears as the first item.

Alternatively, Google has simply given up trying to protect my innocence, having well learnt it is futile. That being said, if you are a member of this site, it is probably true too about you ;-)

... Eric
Posted: 2018-08-02, 10:25 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
(Just to be clear, and perhaps this is understood, but what I was reporting wasn't that search engines couldn't find ukpunting. I was reporting that once found the ukpunting.com site itself would refuse to allow the user to go further, and it would issue the message "Due to abuse from trolls, your internet provider has been blocked from accessing this site.")

Posted: 2018-08-03, 12:34 am

Eric
My apologies neurosynth, I had intended to reply only to the posting just prior mine; I should have quoted. I became concerned Google was beginning to censor more than just your eurolights site. I rely on Google continuously to provide me all what I'm looking for, even if the results are tainted with what Google believes I'm looking for... As for your ISP problem, I was under the impression you got around that.

anyway, nevermind, I talk too much...

Cheers all,

... Eric
Posted: 2018-08-10, 1:24 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Oh no problem at all! That's what the board is for, informal friendly talk!

[ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: