Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Eurostar to ice train connections
Posted: 2019-02-10, 6:20 pm

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi

I will be doing a trip soon eurostar then ice train to frankurt.I like the ease of the train over airports baggage and transfers.

Last time i did this journey the short cut from eurostar gate to onward ice train connections was closed is this still the case or is it a 2 minute walk to change trains.

Not done this journey for some years.
If not i will do a couple of hour break in midi.

Thanks.
Re: Eurostar to ice train connections
Posted: 2019-02-11, 7:04 am

Gustavus
I looked at the German Rail website and selected a random date until I found a train that changed in Brussels. I use the German Rail website for figuring out rail travel throughout Europe. There is an English language option.

The connection I looked at showed a 20 minute difference between the arriving Eurostar and departing ICE. It indicated a walk of 7 minutes between the two trains. Below is what I found...

London St. Pancras International dep 08:55

EST 9116 EUROSTAR Direction: Bruxelles-Midi Eurostar
Subject to compulsory reservation , Special ticket or supplement required. Wifi available
Operator: EUROSTAR

Bruxelles-Midi Euros arr 12:05

walk 7 min.

Bruxelles Midi dep 12:25 platform 6

ICE 211 Intercity-Express Direction: Frankfurt(Main)Hbf

Operator: DB Fernverkehr AG

Frankfurt(Main)Hbf arr 15:31 platform 18

Go to the German Rail website and punch in the date and time of your departure. You should see similar information for your journey. You can print it out and bring it along with you.
Posted: 2019-02-11, 9:34 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Thanks

Im looking at eurostar london to amsterdam now 17.16 train to ams central at 22.11 then ice next morning at 0638.

Will do la vie en proost to closing then a walk about.
The early morning ice train is the cheapest ticket and fastest direct train.I may book a very cheap hostel for somewhere to sit
for a couple of hours until train time.

I work nights and love be up and about a night anyway train in the morning is comfi to have hour or so sleep.

Thanks for your help i was a little worrid also if the eurostar is delayed and you miss connecting time.
Posted: 2019-02-14, 10:09 am

splodge Power Kat
I caught the train all the way to Monchengladbach a couple of years back. Also Bochum I think. So far as I'm aware the Eurostar is always sealed off and you have to go out the normal exit past customs or whatever they are. Then down the escalator in to the main station. Plenty trains to Germany usually changing at Aachen. From my travels anyway. Trip to Aachen through East Belgium is stunning.

Posted: 2019-02-14, 10:15 am

splodge Power Kat
It's very nice anyway. And if you do stop in Aachen the rld is worth checking out.

Posted: 2019-02-16, 9:58 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Will have a look at options.I have booked eurostar going to do a night there no need for hotel.Will have around 8 9 hours in the dam then move on.

Looking up to see if there is any 24 hour places around the dam saunas or late opening massage parlours.
Posted: 2019-02-16, 10:11 am

splodge Power Kat
Check out the sex kino in Breite Gasse, have seen live sex in there. The other sex shop has fluffers offering services. Frankfurt is a fantastic city. Best brothels I've seen there are 43-45 Elbestraße, Sexx Inn, floor 4 of Komm and in the other rld Penthouse no.1. There's also another full of ees but I can't remember the name.

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: