Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Queensday-Hollands Mardi Gras...?
Posted: 2012-02-25, 3:45 am

Drand320
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Me and a buddy will be heading back to the Dam April 25th thru May 1st. We've had this trip booked for nearly two weeks, however, it wasn't until today that we realized we will be there for Queensday (April 30th). Can anyone share past experiences with this National Holiday? It's sounds like a blast and I'm looking forward to the actual festival..what I'm not looking forward to is the fact it could potentially be a frickin zoo the entire time we are there. I'm fearing the place will be extremely overcrowded during our entire trip and I'm also fearing that everyone (coffeeshops and ladies of the RLD) will be overcharging due to the surplus of people. Will this be the case? Any recommendations for that weekend or have any do's and/or dont's for this extra touristy week in Amsterdam?

Thanks for listening.
Re: Queensday-Hollands Mardi Gras...?
Posted: 2012-02-25, 1:05 pm

Oralelephant
Hey man, queensday is my favorite day of the year!
Actually it starts on the 29th of april, that night People from all Over will come to amsterdam to party.
30th of april is REALLY bananas! Everywhere is crowded and it's pretty hard to get anywhere but everyone id in an awsome mood so that's cool.

Other than that, all days are pretty calm, even the 29th during the day id pretty calm so no worries there.
As far as the girls go, i don't think they'll charge more but i could be wrong.
It is very crowded though..

Have fun!!
Posted: 2012-02-25, 1:56 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
I have been over for many Queensday's and can reassure you that you don't have to worry about prices being inflated in respect of the girls and coffeeshops.

Posted: 2012-02-25, 8:34 pm

Drand320
Thanks. Looking forward to it. By the time the 29th and 30th roll around on my trip we will both likely be walking zombies anyway.
Posted: 2012-02-25, 8:49 pm

potlover
I wasn't old enough to legally buy weed the only time i've been there for Queen's day (thank god for older brothers!) and wasn't interested in the RLD at all, so i can't help you on prices, though don't think girls will charge more.

Anyway, from the memories i have of it i'm pretty sure i won't be walking De Wallen or CS in the center that day, they both can get way too crowded on normal days and can't really imagine De Wallen to be walkable at all during those dates.

Maybe De Pijp will reserve me some surprises

Posted: 2012-02-26, 4:49 pm

funfor2houston
Ahhhhhhhhh QueensDay , We have a group that return every year to Amsterdam for Queens Day , Been to Mardi Garas in New Orleans , and we prefer Queens Day .

Watch the forum because we always plan a Meet and Greet at Susies Saloon near the RLD attracts alot of good people for a little drink and smoke . THis year will be a special year with a memorial to a special friend of ours .

14 years of Queens Day and still returning !
Posted: 2012-03-03, 3:29 pm

daveinadam
Been to Queens day 4 times recently and lived in Holland for 3 years. Queens day is quite different and can be a lot of fun But to answer your question is it a Zoo. Yes, a very big zoo. Is the prices inflated No, but everything is expensive, Thanks Euro. If you never been to Queens day i would reccomend checking it out at least once, but to enjoy Amsterdam to it's fullest I would not go during Queens day. But the day after you would not know a ZOO was in town the day before. Enjoy!!
Posted: 2012-04-16, 12:25 am

Anglofil
But what about the girls, will they be working on Queens Day? Only the morning/day shift, then they'll join the party like 'ordinay people'?
Posted: 2012-04-16, 12:43 am

essexlad Power Kat
Anglofil wrote:
But what about the girls, will they be working on Queens Day? Only the morning/day shift, then they'll join the party like 'ordinay people'?

What kind of hooker would stop working on the most busy day of the year in Amsterdam?. The girls will be working as normal :)
Posted: 2012-05-05, 3:59 am

officematt2002
I would think that the girls would be less inclined to work because of all the foot traffic and the fact that most guys don't want to be seen entering a kamer by a thousand curious onlookers. Myself, I could care less. I have spoken to Polish Anna about this and she told me that it is too crazy that weekend and she does not work then.

Also, this is Queen's Day. It has nothing to do with Carnaval. The Dutch celebrate Carnaval like everyone else when it occurs (February most often). Queen's Day is like Canada's Canada Day, Independence Day in the U.S., etc.

I spoke to my extended in-law about Queen's Day. He said that "it is a day where the Dutch dress in orange and get really drunk. It's lots of fun." He said to avoid any town where the Royal Family will be as it attracts those who like to Royal watch, i.e. boring people.
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: