Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel 83
Posted: 2015-04-04, 10:39 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Anyone stayed here before? for 1 of a planed trips ahead, I've been looking at it, as an option. It's fairly cheap, seems really basic, yet is in a fantastic location. also, reviews suggest ''smoking rooms'' so, it's certainly a big bonus for me.

I have stayed in Hotel Old Quarter before and may entertain the idea of staying their again for 1 of my visits. I am aware of their new staff & owners, really disappointed they stopped serving restaurant food, plus may not be able to smoke there, however Hunters is next door & other various coffeeshops.

I am looking for accommodation fairly cheap over the course of 5 - 7 days for this trip. I would like to stay else where at my proposed choices of Hotels, but you know Amsterdam and accommodations all get reserved fairly quickly.

Can anyone recommend some Hotels for me to check out? preferably in Damrak RLD.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Hotel 83
Posted: 2015-04-04, 11:47 pm

siz3up
Its good hotel, But you are not really allowed to smoke in rooms :D

You can smoke zigs out the window but no Weed :S
Posted: 2016-06-26, 10:38 pm

geordie44
basic, cheap, some shared bathrooms, central, basic breakfast. OK if your e on your own. girlfreind wont be impressed.
Posted: 2016-06-27, 1:41 am

george47 Power Kat
I made a video review when I stayed their for KD- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqfctJg7XL0 .
Posted: 2016-06-27, 7:36 pm

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I stayed here before it got taken over from the video it looks pretty much the same i paid 40 euro a night back then the ro0m had a shower handy for breaks after a walk around or session and you need a clean up.

Double the price.now of.course........
Posted: 2016-06-27, 8:33 pm

TurricaN
As far as cheap hotels go, I'd suggest also considering Hotel Doria and the Greenhouse Effect. Both around €75 a night when I stayed.

Doria is right next to Dam Square, so perhaps a bit further out of the RLD than you might prefer, but still within easy walking distance. Room was small, but OK. TV, en-suite bathroom, safe, etc.

Greenhouse Effect is near the Old Church, so it's closer to the RLD. All the rooms are uniquely themed. I stayed in the Red Light Room. Also small room, with TV, en-suite bathroom, but no safe. They let you smoke out of the window in the room. Also, the booking form on their website is not secured, so your credit card could be stolen by booking through their website.
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: