Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Ask me anything about Amsterdam!
Posted: 2016-05-04, 6:01 pm

Snellejelle35
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello everyone!

My name is david and i am 24 years old living in amsterdam.
I know about this site through a friend of mine and i thought you guys might wanted to ask me some questions about Amsterdam!

if you are to shy to post it here feel free to PM me
Re: Ask me anything about Amsterdam!
Posted: 2016-05-04, 6:35 pm

Exnocomment
Why hello! Are you a native?

Some questions:
What does it feel like living in a city that is primarily most famous in popular culture for sex and drugs tourism? (Nice museums and wonderful parks and canals too!)
Do regular people talk much about the RLD and the prostitution that happens or is it quite taboo?
Does anyone there use backpages at all or is it all Kinky and Hookers NL?
Posted: 2016-05-04, 10:11 pm

ultratron1
one from myself: do you think young people are more chilled out, peaceful in a place where they can legally smoke weed, or you'd say it depends?
Posted: 2016-05-04, 10:23 pm

Snellejelle35
To be honest nobody really cares haha , everone is so used to it that it becomes a normal thing in society
Posted: 2016-05-04, 10:24 pm

Snellejelle35
I think the coffeeshops are bad for schools , loads of people smoke in breaks who just cant pay attention to classes anymore
A few of my friends went from Gynasium(highest highschool rank) to vmbo-t(much lower level)
Posted: 2016-05-04, 10:51 pm

ultratron1
well I doubt they will be able to pay attention after smoking, too ;)
Posted: 2016-05-05, 12:04 am

nyc diesel
Uhmmm....can you get me out of the United States and into an actually free country?
Posted: 2016-05-05, 1:42 pm

george47 Power Kat
Hi, Thanks for your offer. How do you, your friends and family feel about the foreigners visiting Amsterdam solely for sex, drugs and getting drunk? Some of my friends in South Holland hate it's reputation. If you mention Amsterdam to anyone in the world the reaction is typically associated with those things. I am personally a sex tourist and although I enjoy other elements of your city and country I doubt I would return if the prostitution ever got stopped. Please be honest with your answer, I won't be offended.
Posted: 2016-05-05, 3:09 pm

Snellejelle35
george47 wrote:
Hi, Thanks for your offer. How do you, your friends and family feel about the foreigners visiting Amsterdam solely for sex, drugs and getting drunk? Some of my friends in South Holland hate it's reputation. If you mention Amsterdam to anyone in the world the reaction is typically associated with those things. I am personally a sex tourist and although I enjoy other elements of your city and country I doubt I would return if the prostitution ever got stopped. Please be honest with your answer, I won't be offended.

If you think like that i would say you are an idiot because Amsterdam has so much more to offer then that.
We got great historic value in our city(sorry for my english) and in the summer everyone is relaxed and outside drinking stuff.
But ofcourse i do see your point , amsterdam is well known for drugs and sex but i think that when you have been here a few times you would want to see different stuff here too.
Posted: 2016-05-05, 4:08 pm

berkshiretyman
guess that makes me an idiot and a shallow person too then....I go to Amsterdam for the weed and women (and beer lol)... I travel alone, do my thing, don't cause anyone any troble and go back in 6 months!!!!!
Bt
Posted: 2016-05-05, 4:23 pm

ultratron1
are you not getting bored by doing it all alone or you indulge in conversations with people too? ;)
Posted: 2016-05-05, 5:08 pm

berkshiretyman
I prefer it..go where I want when.i want... I.chat ti people in bars if they want to..
Posted: 2016-05-05, 7:51 pm

Exnocomment
More questions from me: What is your favourite things to do to relax in Amsterdam and North Holland as a local? I recently became aware of the nice long stretches of beach in The Hague and outside of the cities, how often do tourists make their way out there?
Posted: 2016-05-06, 1:11 am

george47 Power Kat
Snellejelle35 wrote:
george47 wrote:

If you think like that i would say you are an idiot because Amsterdam has so much more to offer then that.
We got great historic value in our city(sorry for my english) and in the summer everyone is relaxed and outside drinking stuff.
But ofcourse i do see your point , amsterdam is well known for drugs and sex but i think that when you have been here a few times you would want to see different stuff here too.

Thanks for your honesty. I have been 109 times since 1992.
Posted: 2016-05-06, 3:24 am

jefke
How do you feel about the reshaping/closing of RLD's all over the Netherlands, including Amsterdam?
De wallen attracts a lot of tourists - including 'trash tourism'. Now I am a punter and punters do not pee and puke all over the place. Alcohol and sex don't go together very well:)

Do you think that the gentrification of e.g. de wallen is a good idea? How do locals think about project 1012?
Posted: 2016-05-16, 7:39 am

alexatmalta
Snellejelle35, thank u for creating this topic!
My question will not be about sex and drugs))
I've been to the Netherlands many times, also visiting other parts of the country, than Amsterdam.
I've been also to Texel island, this summer I was planning to go to Terschelling, but it's a long way from Amsterdam.
Is it worth seeing? Is it rather different from Texel? Will I see something new there?
Or better choose other place for 1/2 days trip?
Thank u in advance!
 [ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: