Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
One of our bridges is missing! (Walking routes from Centraal to RLD)
Posted: 2016-05-22, 8:10 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
As part of the work around Centraal station, the little bridge that used to cross the water from beside the GVB ticket office over to Prins Hendrikkade has been removed (since last Autumn I think). It's the shaded bit next to the letter A on the attached map.

This always used to be my favoured route from the station to the RLD - I would go over this little bridge, use the metro entrance as a way of crossing under Prins Hendrikkade, turn down Oudezijds Kolk and then end up on Zeedijk, with a little right-left through the very short St Olofssteeg onto Oudezijds Voorburwal. I still go this way but have to walk slightly further around to the main bridge and use the other set of steps down into the metro entrance.

I was just wondering if anyone else goes this way? I like it because you can get from the station to the RLD without crossing over any busy roads.

Attachments
Centraal Station Map, Oct 2015
IMG_6053.JPG
IMG_6053.JPG [ 140.26 KiB ]

Posted: 2016-05-24, 7:48 pm

nyc diesel
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Yeah, I loved that bridge. Used to lead to some Indonesian and Chinese food places, too, right? It was a real pain heading to Damrak last winter. Pretty much that whole area has changed 90 percent since 1993.
When I go this year I may not even spend more than 5 minutes in the RLD. Just do Park 118. It's just as depressing as Times Sq., albeit at least Amsterdam has sex on the menu where Times Sq is just a tourist shithole that offers nothing to anyone with an IQ over 56.
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: