Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
prices in amsterdam in september
Posted: 2016-08-14, 11:14 pm

geordie44
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
i wonder if readers are aware of why the availability and costs of amsterdam hotels leap in september each year?

It s because IBC is held at the RAI (international broadcast conference) where the worlds tv and broadcasting professionals decend on the city and the RAI hotels service snap up most of the hotels for visitors.

Id stay away from ams then if u can.
This year its 9 - 13 sept
Re: prices in amsterdam in september
Posted: 2016-08-15, 2:34 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I usually avoid September because the hotel prices seem to be high, also April....

Unfortunately I've just booked a trip and the prices seem to be unusually high even in October.......and a random week in November (for comparison) doesn't look as cheap as usual. I don't know if it's just the falling pound, doesn't seem to be related to any big events for the dates I booked (such as the Amsterdam Dance Festival).

Winter trips around December/January/February can be very cheap, a good option provided the weather isn't too bad.

Posted: 2016-08-15, 7:54 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Funny, I'm booked for mid-October and this trip was the cheapest package I've ever gotten. I did book back in April, though, so that might've had something to do with it.
Re: prices in amsterdam in september
Posted: 2016-08-15, 7:57 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
Ive started looking at booking a bunch of trips in 2017.
It looks to me that prices are up about 25-30%, compared to similar bookings in 2016.
That's much more than the currency effects of Brexit.

Posted: 2016-08-16, 12:08 am

george47 Power Kat
My advice is to find a good hotel and then stick with it. Book your next trip while you are there and often they give you special rates as a regular. I did that for years with Vijaya and sometimes paid as little as 45 Euros for a single room on canal front with private facilities. There were even free bed bugs included (which is why I stopped).
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: