Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 51 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
UFC Sportsbar/coffeeshop open really late in Amsterdam maybe?/Ajax tickets?
Posted: 2016-10-26, 12:20 pm

lightmeup
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Ok guys i'm stumped here, I need to find a place to watch the UFC fights in Amsterdam which is proving pretty difficult as main events in the USA can be shown at 4am or 5am Amsterdam time. I wish there was a coffeeshop that would let us blaze and watch UFC, I should open a place like that one day, lots of MMA fans smoke weed.
Also we want to see Ajax play what is the cheapest way of doing that but still getting a good seat?
Any ideas welcome.
Re: UFC Sportsbar/coffeeshop open really late in Amsterdam maybe?/Ajax tickets?
Posted: 2016-10-26, 12:45 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Yeah, I don't know about the UFC thing. I've always just had to miss events if they happened when I was here. Never been able to find anywhere to watch them. As you said, main events can be at 4 am. I suppose it's possible you might be able to find a place showing a rebroadcast the next day, but that's just not the same as watching live (plus, if you're a real fight fan, you probably already know how the fights went by then).
Posted: 2016-10-26, 1:35 pm

AlCaponedLondoner
I went to see Ajax last year. I just bought my tickets on Viagogo as it can be tricky to get tickets through Ajax as you have to be a member etc... For "high risk" games its impossible to get tickets through Ajax unless you have a season ticket. The tickets on Viagogo are marked up but what can you do?

No idea on where you could watch UFC. Only option would be to watch it on your laptop in your hotel room unless there is somewhere open. You'd have to pay then. Sometimes I'll just watch it the next day for free. Means dodging the results then which can be tricky. Go Eddie lol
Posted: 2016-10-26, 7:28 pm

rodney
I know that the molly Malone pub showed the Mayweather vs Add to dictionary fight so might be showing UFC 205 especially since McGregor is fighting.
Posted: 2016-10-27, 12:58 am

lightmeup
Ok I will keep researching and will post here if successful. Thanks for the tip on the Molly Malone, I'm an Irishman so I am a fan of McGregor even though he can be a bit of a gobshite promoting himself sometimes, cracking fighter and a Dublin boy done good so I support him. The Thompson vs Woodley fight looks like it could be something special and i'm looking for wins from Nurmagomedov and Cerrone too. I hope Dos Anjos and Ferguson serves as a good appetizer.
As for the Ajax tickets I guess I will give via gogo a go go, the official website looks overpriced https://visitajax.com/
Posted: 2016-10-27, 1:14 am

lightmeup
This gaff is open til 4am on weekends, I may try to bribe or threaten them....https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... vince.html
Posted: 2016-10-27, 2:27 am

grimnul Power Kat
I like Conor as a fighter, I mean, as a martial artist and someone who appreciates the sport and the art, you have to. Some of the things he does in there are brilliant. I'm a little less enthused about his promotion, though he's fucking hilarious sometimes, and I'm not altogether certain of he's actually good or bad for the sport (good in that he's drawing a lot of attention, bad in that a lot of fighters are becoming resentful of his preferential treatment, and some are jumping ship to Bellator, and he seems to have created this new "whoever talks the most gets the title shot" paradigm, which I think is bullshit).

That said, I do kind of want Eddie to smash him, just because a lot of Conor's fans are obnoxious shitheads and their tears will be glorious.

Woodley/Wonderboy is a hell of a fight. I think Wonderboy takes it based on his movement and ability to control distance, and I hope he does, because Woodley is kind of a whiny cunt.

Anyway, luckily I'll be home for 205, so I'll probably just get a few of the lads together and order the PPV. Would be good to know for future reference, though, if I options to watch UFC events while I'm here.
Posted: 2016-10-27, 6:24 am

lightmeup
yeah I guess money talks, It was bad how the UFC treated Aldo by not giving him a rematch against Conor after the great career he had. shameful really, any of us can get caught and knocked out, it happens. I'm biased towards Conor of course but I think there are no easy fights at 155lbs if he beats Alvarez i'd like to see Cerrone fight him back at 155lbs or even edson barboza would be a great match up. I will be scared if Conor goes up against khabib nurmagomedov, his sambo style of grappling is just plain nasty, not always pretty to watch but, fuck me it's damn effective. try and pop into players and ask them about ufc and boxing if you get a chance, i posted the link in my last post. have fun!!
Posted: 2016-10-27, 2:45 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Yeah, Khabib is an absolute nightmare. He's one of those guys like Demian Maia where you just cannot let him get ahold of you, or you've just lost the round, if not the fight. The only guys I think who could give Khabib problems are guys who can use movement and range to keep him on the outside and pick him apart. I'm not sure that there is anyone like that at 155. I don't think Conor's takedown defense is where it needs to be against someone like Khabib. Wonderboy could maybe do it, but he's a WW.

Interestingly enough, I actually trained with a buddy of Khabib's for a while. Another one of those crazy Dagestani kids. He was my Sanshou coach a few years back. Dude's actually recently gotten into MMA and he's absolutely wrecking people on the regional scene. I think he's won like 3 belts already.

Tomorrow's my last day here before I fly home on Saturday, so I may not have time, but if I get the chance, I'll try to drop in and ask.
Posted: 2016-10-27, 10:47 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Just realized something. Am I crazy or does Simona kind of look a bit like Paige Vanzant (though with bigger tits, of course)?
Posted: 2016-10-28, 5:59 am

lightmeup
I guess a little bit yeah, Paige is maybe prettier but Simona is sexier. I'm not sure if you should tell her that she looks like a UFC fighter, she might think it means she has a busted face or she might think you have a kinky fantasy and punch you in the balls or triangle choke you!
Posted: 2016-10-30, 2:43 am

AlCaponedLondoner
Conor would never fight Khabib. Even if Khabib stayed fit Dana wouldn't push for that fight for obvious reasons.
Posted: 2016-10-30, 8:34 am

lightmeup
alcaponedlondoner, yeah as much as it hurts my little Irish heart, I think you are right, Khabib is the one in that division I would least like to fight, I can't grapple for shit compared to that Sultan of Sambo. he makes lightweights look like featherweights on the ground. What he did to Dos Anjos a bjj black belt was astonishing.
Posted: 2016-10-30, 11:41 am

grimnul Power Kat
Same. I'm almost a heavyweight (ok, well if I was in shape, I could make 205), and I wouldn't want to fight Khabib. The guy just ragdolls people. I have a little judo training, but I'm mostly a Muay Thai and Sanshou guy. I've watched enough BJJ at the gym and in MMA and fucked around with the gym's BJJ coach on the mat enough times that in an actual fight against someone untrained, I'd probably be ok, but Khabib just smothers guys. He grabs you, he sends you flying through the air, and then he just grinds you down, and there doesn't seem to be much anyone can do to stop him.
Posted: 2016-10-31, 1:22 am

lightmeup
Well i'm just glad Conor McGregor has brought money down to the lower weight classes. They're deep divisions with little fucking Ninjas man! I've just recently started sparring again, I'm not really fit, It's hard work getting punched in the head by a lightning fast 5'9 dude of lean muscle. It's no joke. Ok so it's not fedor or hendo or Overeem type power but I like to see a few Capoirera kicks and flying knees etc every so often.
Posted: 2016-10-31, 1:42 am

lightmeup
oh yeah if anyone cares, i've done dos anjos and ferguson under 4.5 rounds at 10/11, I think thats a good bet. Alway hoor and gamble and drink and smoke responsibly. excellent value there i reckon,
Posted: 2016-10-31, 11:50 pm

AlCaponedLondoner
I'm excited for that fight.
Posted: 2016-11-01, 1:07 am

grimnul Power Kat
Yeah, that's a tough one to call. Ferguson has some slick chokes and good hands and is tough as hell, but he looked very beatable against Vannata in his last fight. RDA has crazy grappling, great low kicks, big power, and is also very durable. He did leave King's MMA for this fight, though, and is coming off that loss to Eddie, so who knows how he's gonna look.

Decent chance of a finish, though both guys are very tough to put away.

Pretty good card all around, actually. Not a ton of big names, but a lot of exciting fighters. Also have Marcin Held and Alexa Grasso's UFC debuts. Cards like this with a lot of solid but relatively unknown fighters often wind up being a ton of fun.
Posted: 2016-11-01, 3:57 pm

AlCaponedLondoner
grimnul wrote:
Yeah, that's a tough one to call. Ferguson has some slick chokes and good hands and is tough as hell, but he looked very beatable against Vannata in his last fight. RDA has crazy grappling, great low kicks, big power, and is also very durable. He did leave King's MMA for this fight, though, and is coming off that loss to Eddie, so who knows how he's gonna look.

Decent chance of a finish, though both guys are very tough to put away.

Pretty good card all around, actually. Not a ton of big names, but a lot of exciting fighters. Also have Marcin Held and Alexa Grasso's UFC debuts. Cards like this with a lot of solid but relatively unknown fighters often wind up being a ton of fun.

I used to only catch the main cards but now I watch both the prelims and early prelims. You often get some quality fights. Watching Mike Perry in the prelims of UFC 204 was a highlight of the night. One of my favourite guys to watch atm.

My prediction for this weekend is RDA decision.
Posted: 2016-11-02, 9:00 pm

AlCaponedLondoner
Changed my mind: Ferguson to win.
 [ 51 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: