Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
So many closures ...
Posted: 2017-03-05, 3:41 am

KDuck01
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Seems like the city is really shooting itself in the foot with all the closures. It's what the tourists come for, not some fancy artsy fartsy fashion store.
Re: So many closures ...
Posted: 2017-03-05, 12:48 pm

RHM
Glad that I got to enjoy Amsterdam in the golden age of the 1980's & 1990's, before the extremes of political correctness & Islam fucked everything up.
Posted: 2017-03-05, 6:52 pm

jimmy_nova
RHM wrote:
Glad that I got to enjoy Amsterdam in the golden age of the 1980's & 1990's, before the extremes of political correctness & Islam fucked everything up.

This is the kind of broken and dangerous thinking that's making lunatics like Wilders gain so much popularity.
Posted: 2017-03-05, 8:19 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Have more closures occurred since?
Posted: 2017-03-05, 9:00 pm

grimnul Power Kat
As far as I know, everything that was open last year is still there.

And yes, you have to be careful, thinking in extremes is never good. There are good things about conservatism and liberalism both. I'm not one for the PC crowd, but the backlash against them got us Duterte in the Philippines, Trump in the U.S., and may very well get us Wilders in the Netherlands. Think of all the great girls like Simona and Desi and Veronica who are not Dutch citizens, having a staunchly anti-immigrant leader like Wilders in power may make life very difficult for them (and, by extension, us, by not allowing us to continue to see them).

A moderate, measured approach is always best.
Posted: 2017-03-05, 11:59 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
Seems like the city is really shooting itself in the foot with all the closures. It's what the tourists come for, not some fancy artsy fartsy fashion store.

There seem to be less 'fashion windows' than there were a few years back (?) .... I think most of them were a temporary thing before the windows got converted into other businesses...

Quote:
From September 2008 to the end of 2010, the former window brothels on the Oudekerksplein and the
Oudezijds Achterburgwal were home to Red Light Design and Red Light Fashion. This initiative by HTNK and Droog Design attracted worldwide press attention. Several of the designers have established themselves permanently in the area.

That's from the Project 1012 PDF linked in this thread on a similar topic - How is Amsterdam now for punting?

Quote:

The wikipedia article on Prostitution in the Netherlands gives an interesting perspective on the political background behind the window closures. I do think there is an element of "political correctness" at work here although thankfully it's not gone as far as the Swedish Model. Behind a lot of this is the basic assumption that a woman will not become a prostitute without being forced into it, giving a distorted view of the RLD.

Did I mention Swedish Models? This is more like it - Bikini Catwalk / Sweden's Next Top Model

Posted: 2017-03-06, 12:53 am

grimnul Power Kat
I wish De Wallen would adopt those Swedish models!
Posted: 2017-03-07, 1:29 pm

taximan31
grimnul wrote:
I wish De Wallen would adopt those Swedish models!

"are you a buyer Sir? Or are you just here for a wank?"
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: