Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
How is Amsterdam now for punting?
Posted: 2017-02-14, 10:25 am

ninus54
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
How has Amsterdam gone in the past 18 months? Still lots of scammers and are decent girls even harder to find than they was before? I would like to plan another trip but if its bad I might aswell just stay at home in the UK..
Re: How is Amsterdam now for punting?
Posted: 2017-02-15, 8:12 am

officematt2002
The tools herein are quite adequate. Do your research and you will have a great trip. And FFS if you live so close go more often.
Posted: 2017-02-18, 12:52 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Probably the main change over the last 18 months would be the continued gradual closure of some of the windows in the "Sexyland" area to be replaced with tacky souvenir shops e.t.c (b.t.w. Goldbergersteeg has shut, I can't remember if that was in the last 18 months or slightly before). I don't know if there's been all that much change with the girls themselves.

Dayshift can sometimes look a bit depressing, with a lot of empty windows on, say, a Tuesday afternoon, but there are some decent providers around.

With the window closures around Sexyland the nightshift is more concentrated around OzA, where you have to choose carefully (or get lucky) as the service is not always good! It seems increasingly common to be offered either €50 CBJ or €100 fuck & suck. This is awkward if you want a fuck but don't want to risk €100 on a girl who may end up upselling you even more....even the CBJ option can end up being a quick trousers-down affair where the girl keeps her top on, if you are not careful!

On the plus side there are a lot of very hot girls around who I'd be quite willing to pay €100 to fuck.... the problem is knowing which ones are actually going to provide a decent level of service. If you want to stick to €50 s&f sessions then the options are getting more limited - there are some good €50 sessions on offer from decent girls but you really do need to do a bit of research to make the most of your money.

I visit the RLD maybe 3 or 4 times a year - when I try out unknown girls based purely on looks my success rate is not actually too bad (in terms of finding girls I want to re-visit) and I've ended up with a small group of regulars split roughly 50/50 between €50 and €100 sessions. If I want good sex I stick to my regulars; if I'm feeling curious I'll try €50 on a hot new girl - if I get good service it's a pleasant surprise, if not I'll just treat it as a bit of a fun tease with a happy ending.

Whether you think the RLD is 'good' or 'bad' in it's present state is partly down to attitude. If you constantly compare it to how it was when you first visited then it will seem depressing, but there are still some very hot girls available who give decent service - just do a bit of research before you go....

Posted: 2017-02-18, 5:39 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I 100% agree with Aldebran. Don't believe all the doom and gloom. Yes, Germany or wherever else may be better value at this point. Yes, the scene is probably worse than it was, say, 10 years ago. Doesn't mean there isn't still plenty of fun to be had. You just have to go into it with the right attitude, do a little research, and know when to walk away from a window.

I'll be back in a little over a month and I can't fucking wait.
Posted: 2017-02-18, 7:19 pm

kroona
Sorry for going a bit OT but what's the long term objective with the rld? Does the gouvernment want to close it down completely one day?
I first discovered the rld in 2013 and have been there seven times since, and in only these few years I have noticed the decline in windows... It's so much more than just punting, it's a huge part of the amsterdam soul.
Posted: 2017-02-18, 9:14 pm

grimnul Power Kat
For now, the plan seems to be to restrict all the windows to OZA and surrounding streets and close almost all of the sexyland windows. Whether or not this happens remains to be seen as people are fighting back against the project, and it's been having a hard time generating private funding since government funding was cut off.

Also worth noting, the project does include plans to open new windows on some of the side streets along OZA as well as reopening some windows in those areas that were previously closed.
Posted: 2017-02-19, 12:20 am

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I don't think there was ever any plan to close down the RLD entirely. The closure of the "Sexyland" area windows was part of "Project 1012" which was based around reducing the size of the RLD slightly and concentrating it on OzA + side streets, like Grimnul says. The same project also involved closing a few coffeeshops and there was a desire to reduce the amount of businesses that were perceived to be involved in crime / money laundering e.g some of the tacky souvenir shops and so on. I think the 1012 project was also about some more mundane stuff like improving the pedestrian access into the city, making the environment nicer and so on... it wasn't all about attacking the RLD.

Unfortunately it's been done in a very half-baked way which has made a mess of the Sexyland area and left it in a bit of a limbo with some windows closed, others open and the kind of tacky businesses, souvenir shops e.t.c opening in the gaps of the sort that Project 1012 was not really designed to encourage... but there was a thread here on Project 1012 and I don't really want to re-tread the arguments again.

Nothing new here, but this was linked by george47 in the above thread and may be of interest if you want to read about project 1012:

Quote:

Taken from http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/media-centre/city-hall/dossier-red-light-district/general-information
Project 1012

The City of Amsterdam is dedicated to making the heart of the city (postcode area 1012) safer, more attractive and more liveable. The collaborative Project 1012 was established in the summer 2007 to address numerous issues affecting the historical city centre: a part of the city vital to domestic and international tourism. The City of Amsterdam and the Centre District of Amsterdam work together in Project 1012 to reduce crime and improve the economic prospects of the area.

Through Project 1012, the City of Amsterdam wants to reduce crime and degeneration in the city centre, boost the quality and diversity of the area and provide the impulse for economic upturn. The measures that will be taken to achieve this include promoting 10 key projects, reorganising public space and a street-oriented approach aimed at significantly reducing the number of coffeeshops and brothels that engage in window prostitution. It goes without saying that the unique character of the city centre will be retained. The City of Amsterdam is working together with residents, businesses and investors to draw up plans for upgrading the different sections of the centre.

Numerous positive developments are currently underway in the 1012 postcode area. The introduction of new bars, restaurants and businesses is helping to make the area more attractive for residents, visitors and other businesses looking to move to the area.

The page quoted above on the iamsterdam website has a link to this PDF document explaining the project in more detail: http://www.iamsterdam.com/media/pdf/mediacenter/project-1012-under-construction.pdf?la=en

That PDF appears to date from 2011. An interesting snippet from it is this:

Quote:
The streets and canals around the Singel area, the Spuistraat and the Oudezijds Achterburgwal have
been designated as a prostitution zone. This delineation means that the window prostitution zone is controllable and manageable. In 2006, the 1012 postcode area had around 480 windows. The aim is to close around 200 windows in stages, leaving some 280 windows. Around 40% will therefore need to close, and will be given a new
purpose. Even as we speak, in mid-2011, more than 100 windows have already been closed. A zoning and
compulsory purchase plan will be drawn up to tackle the remaining 100 windows.

Bear in mind that document was written back in 2011 - the interesting thing is that the current window count in the main RLD is now 279..... almost exactly the intended total, although I'm confused if the planned 280 figure includes the 64 Singel windows (?). Anyway, hopefully the situation will now stabilise - they will presumably try to gradually close down the remaining Sexyland windows where they can, but progress is likely to be slow for the reasons grimnul mentioned, and it might be slightly balanced with a few windows opening in their preferred area of the RLD along and around OzA.

I suppose one positive thing is that if the government / council perceive the prostitution situation in the centre to be under control, free from major organised criminal influence, confined to a relatively small area, and important to tourism, it is far less likely to face the bigger threat of any plan to close it all down in the future.

Quote:
the City of Amsterdam wants to reduce crime and degeneration in the city centre

I'm sorry grimnul, but since you are a notorious criminal degenerate it looks like your chances of getting back into the city centre are slim at best...

Posted: 2017-02-19, 1:16 am

grimnul Power Kat
That's fake news. The crooked media, I suspect led by the failing New York Times is spreading false information about me very bigly. The fact is, nobody obeys the law more than me. This I can tell you. I am the most law-abiding person you will ever meet. These people are real losers. Absolutely terrible people.

Sad!
Posted: 2017-02-19, 2:30 pm

kroona
Thanks for great replies!
Posted: 2017-02-19, 10:06 pm

IQ
Leave it to grimnul to make Amsterdam great again.
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: