Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Effects of a Wilders win?
Posted: 2017-03-14, 7:11 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
So, I've been following this election fairly closely, and Wilders is poised to do quite well. Possibly even win. Now, my understanding of Dutch politics is somewhat limited, but from what I understand, even if he wins, he likely won't become PM due to not being able to get a majority (other major parties have given a firm no to forming a coalition with him).

What I would like to know is, realistically, how would Wilders being in power affect us? I understand that his major target is Islam, but he wants to close the Netherlands' borders and leave the EU. Does he have some sort of amnesty plan for those already working there? Many of the girls in De Wallen are there because of the lack of requirement of a work visa due to being EU citizens. Assuming Wilders was able to cause the Netherlands to leave the EU, how does this affect them? I know some girls like Veronica, who is not and EU citizen, can get visas, I just wonder how big an effect this will have.

Thoughts?
Re: Effects of a Wilders win?
Posted: 2017-03-15, 12:04 am

funfor2houston
I seen Sunday Rotterdam and Amsterdam were both having demonstrations by Turks because Aerogon could not campaign in the Netherlands . I know nothing about Dutch politics, a very good friend of ours is a judge in Amsterdam . He avoids talking any politics or government policies like the plague .

Lots of the conspiracy people think northern Europe is finished with the refugees and illegal immigrants . Their current system cannot sustain . I did hear that the Dutch have put some law through that Burkas are no longer accepted on the street, I don't believe that . Buuuuuuuuut . I also heard that Turkey is going to punish Holland for what they did to the protestors this is a true point.

My neighbor is from Cologne , she travels back and forth almost monthly to Germany . She thinks that northern Europe is being forced into a corner and she believes that this new guy from Holland will light the fire to get things changing . She says people want answers and nobody gives them answers .
Posted: 2017-03-15, 12:34 am

grimnul Power Kat
Well, at the moment, it looks like polls have Wilders in third place. After the whole Trump situation in the U.S., though, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a right-wing populist win.

I also don't really like to get political, obviously the refugee crisis is a very serious problem that will have far reaching consequences. I was more curious as to how a Wilders win would affect us as mongerers, specifically. If it will make it more difficult for Eastern European girls to come to Amsterdam or stay in Amsterdam, and the like.
Posted: 2017-03-15, 8:17 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
funfor2houston wrote:
I did hear that the Dutch have put some law through that Burkas are no longer accepted on the street, I don't believe that.

Here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 45656.html

So it isn't law yet apparently (unless something has changed since the article was posted.) Even if it becomes law, something tells me it will be like most of the other laws here concerning public order and the like: unenforced by our band of village idiots in the blue and white uniforms. So however you feel about the issue and whatever the outcome, I wouldn't expect much to change on the streets (well, perhaps some initial rioting by practitioners of the Religion of Peace if the legislature approves the measure, of course...)

Posted: 2017-03-15, 8:51 pm

slick
I have never in all my life seen anyone wearing a burqa here in the Netherlands.

Not so surprising since there are only a couple of hundred women that wear one, on a population of 17 million.

So it's pretty much a moot point, the kind of politics Geert Wilders' PVV excels in...
Posted: 2017-03-15, 9:09 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
slick wrote:
I have never in all my life seen anyone wearing a burqa here in the Netherlands.

I actually have, many times (in Nieuw West) over the past 5 years here.

Posted: 2017-03-15, 10:44 pm

simple_fun
slick wrote:

I have seen lot of times in Utrecht
Posted: 2017-03-16, 1:29 am

slick
Well, lucky you for finding the needles in the haystack.

Or maybe not... :)
Posted: 2017-03-16, 1:30 am

grimnul Power Kat
Well, looks like it's not going to be an issue one way or another.
Posted: 2017-03-16, 6:58 am

bendover1004
It might be just the same person who you are seeing again and again
Posted: 2017-03-16, 8:11 am

grimnul Power Kat
Could be two midgets standing on each other's shoulders. Or three dogs. Or a midget, a dog, and a duck. You never really know.
Posted: 2017-03-16, 9:11 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
bendover1004 wrote:
It might be just the same person who you are seeing again and again

This is a very valid point. Although one time I did see two together... so... there are at least two in the city. :-)

grimnul wrote:
Could be two midgets standing on each other's shoulders. Or three dogs. Or a midget, a dog, and a duck. You never really know.

I really think this is the most likely explanation!!

Posted: 2017-03-17, 3:11 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I've seen a few.
Not as many as Frankfurt, Rome or Paris, but becoming more common.
I like the midget, dog and duck theory.
You really never can tell.
As long as it isn't a guy with a vest packed with explosives, I'll count my blessings.

Weasel

Posted: 2017-03-17, 4:40 pm

funfor2houston
We see them , lots of them at the new market not at Albert Cyup . Seen lots of them in Brussels also .
Posted: 2017-03-17, 6:50 pm

jimmy_nova
I've never seen a burka in the Netherlands in the twelve years I've lived here.

I wonder how many people confuse the burka with the other forms of head dress, since I've encountered quite a few such people in real life myself. When someone is wearing a burka, you can't even see their eyes. Comparison here.
Posted: 2017-03-17, 11:20 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Well, I mean, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to spot a midget, a dog, and a duck in a hijab...
 [ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: