Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Just booked... Again!
Posted: 2017-04-15, 11:17 am

JayAbz
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all,

So my last trip to Amsterdam was going to be my last... Thought it was time to start saving money and taking life more seriously... Didn't manage to see Simona or Ella but still had a good time.

Turns out today that I may have a small addiction to AMS... Just booked again for the last weekend in November.
Long time away but I prefer to visit in the winter when there are less crowds and the Kamers aren't like saunas!!

Maybe this will be the last time....
Re: Just booked... Again!
Posted: 2017-04-16, 12:48 am

Brunettes
JayAbz wrote:

Keep telling yourself that, buddy. LOL
Posted: 2017-04-16, 7:41 am

kroona
It's very difficult to stay away. I'm going for the 8th time in the end of this month and then again in july...
Posted: 2017-04-16, 8:34 am

JayAbz
Brunettes wrote:
JayAbz wrote:

Keep telling yourself that, buddy. LOL

You're probably right :-)
Posted: 2017-04-16, 8:35 am

JayAbz
kroona wrote:
It's very difficult to stay away. I'm going for the 8th time in the end of this month and then again in july...

Certainly is! I've actually lost the count the amount of times I've visited now.. :/
Posted: 2017-04-16, 11:17 am

Matri13
Tell me about it, i said "last visit to amsterdam for awhile"
That was november last year, 2 days ago i went like: "Meh i hvnt been in amsterdam since last year so i guess its something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

I booked for May. so we will see how fun it will be :P
Posted: 2017-04-16, 12:38 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I got back late Friday night. It is currently 6:30 AM Sunday morning here. I have already been on Expedia.

Happens to me every time. I think ok, I think that was enough Amsterdam, at least let's take a break for a couple years. Then I get home, and I want to go again. I always wind up booking my next trip a few weeks after the last one.

Amsterdam just keeps pulling me back.
Posted: 2017-04-16, 12:40 pm

JayAbz
grimnul wrote:
I got back late Friday night. It is currently 6:30 AM Sunday morning here. I have already been on Expedia.

Happens to me every time. I think ok, I think that was enough Amsterdam, at least let's take a break for a couple years. Then I get home, and I want to go again. I always wind up booking my next trip a few weeks after the last one.

Amsterdam just keeps pulling me back.

I'm slowly coming to terms with it. We all have 1 very, very short life. Might as well live it doing what you enjoy, as long as it doesn't hurt others!
Posted: 2017-04-16, 12:42 pm

JayAbz
Matri13 wrote:
Tell me about it, i said "last visit to amsterdam for awhile"
That was november last year, 2 days ago i went like: "Meh i hvnt been in amsterdam since last year so i guess its something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

I booked for May. so we will see how fun it will be :P

Hey Matri,

Glad to hear you are well mate. I remember you posting last year about visiting for the first time so I'm glad to hear you've 'caught the bug' so to speak!
Posted: 2017-04-16, 2:26 pm

grimnul Power Kat
That's exactly it. We're temporary beings, we exist for a short while and then we're gone. A lot of people get caught up in leaving behind a legacy, but to me, that's egotism. A legacy is meaningless because we won't be able to perceive it anymore anyway, so it's something we try to create so that we have the notion while we're alive that we will be important when we're gone. So many people seem to waste so much time and energy striving towards this goal. They spend their entire life building something that won't matter to them in the least. It's all rather ironic.

To me, I prefer to just live well. Enjoy, be good to the people around you, and don't worry about what you "should" be doing, do what makes you feel fulfilled. The "traditional" life doesn't work for everyone. Some people just can't handle the 9-5, marriage, 2.5 kids, etc. I couldn't do it, it'd kill me. I'd go nuts. This is what works for me. I have everything balanced in a way that I can financially sustain doing trips like these while still having the flexibility and free time to do it. These trips makes me feel good, they just wash away all the stress and make me feel relaxed in a way that nothing else does. I always feel just fantastic for a couple months after my trips.

Maybe one day I'll want to get married. Maybe one day, these trips won't be for me anymore. Maybe I won't need them anymore. Maybe my life will be so different that there just isn't a place for this stuff anymore. But for now, this is what makes me happy.

We all gotta do what works for us.
Posted: 2017-04-16, 4:16 pm

JayAbz
grimnul wrote:
That's exactly it. We're temporary beings, we exist for a short while and then we're gone. A lot of people get caught up in leaving behind a legacy, but to me, that's egotism. A legacy is meaningless because we won't be able to perceive it anymore anyway, so it's something we try to create so that we have the notion while we're alive that we will be important when we're gone. So many people seem to waste so much time and energy striving towards this goal. They spend their entire life building something that won't matter to them in the least. It's all rather ironic.

To me, I prefer to just live well. Enjoy, be good to the people around you, and don't worry about what you "should" be doing, do what makes you feel fulfilled. The "traditional" life doesn't work for everyone. Some people just can't handle the 9-5, marriage, 2.5 kids, etc. I couldn't do it, it'd kill me. I'd go nuts. This is what works for me. I have everything balanced in a way that I can financially sustain doing trips like these while still having the flexibility and free time to do it. These trips makes me feel good, they just wash away all the stress and make me feel relaxed in a way that nothing else does. I always feel just fantastic for a couple months after my trips.

Maybe one day I'll want to get married. Maybe one day, these trips won't be for me anymore. Maybe I won't need them anymore. Maybe my life will be so different that there just isn't a place for this stuff anymore. But for now, this is what makes me happy.

We all gotta do what works for us.

Wise words!
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: