Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
My red-light.nl
Posted: 2017-05-13, 1:59 pm

simple_fun
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
This is super interesting:)

https://myredlight.nl

http://nltimes.nl/2017/05/12/brothel-ru ... ial-spirit
Re: My red-light.nl
Posted: 2017-05-13, 4:25 pm

grimnul Power Kat
This is very interesting and I'll definitely check it out next trip.

The problem, though, is I'm not sure how great this will actually wind up being. I've been aware of this project for quite some time and actually talked to several girls about it and the feedback I got was... not fantastic. First off, many girls don't seem to even be aware of it, or if they are, aren't aware of the details. Second, a lot of girls regard the project with suspicion because it's from the Mayor, who traditionally has not been an ally of sex workers. A lot of girls seem happy with their arrangement as-is, and see this as being totally unnecessary and unwanted. There just generally didn't seem to be much interest amongst the girls.

I mean, it's a cool thing, and if the girls embrace it, great. I just kind of fear that they want to use this to replace shut down windows, and it may wind up sitting disused due to lack of interest from the girls. Also, of course, the possibility for all the windows just being filled up with rip-off artists is rather high...
Posted: 2017-05-15, 4:20 pm

simple_fun
I hope this site only helps and promote stuff rather than having any negative effect
Posted: 2017-05-16, 9:28 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
An article on this appeared in the UK Newspaper The Guardian today -
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/may/16/amsterdam-mayor-brothel-prostitutes-new-model

Quote:
In a bid to improve working conditions in the city’s sex industry, a brothel run by prostitutes themselves will be opened today by the mayor of Amsterdam.

An initiative of the city council, the new brothel occupies 14 “windows” across four buildings on the so-called Wallen, Amsterdam’s red light district. About 40 sex workers will be able to operate out of the premises, which are being run by a foundation called My Red Light, in which prostitutes take an active part.

What really caught my interest was the picture they used! A bit of a surprise to open an article posted by a national newspaper during my lunch break and think "Hey, I've fucked that girl!"

I'll leave it to you micers to see if you can identity the location and the girls (I know the one on the left, but not the other one). It's very unusual to see photos of the girls like this in the press; one of the reader comments beneath the article pointed out that it's a big "no no" to take photos of the girls in the RLD, another reply suggested that as it was an agency photo it's possible that they would have asked the girls permission first and got release forms signed... seems a bit implausible but then I have no idea how these kind of agencies obtain their pictures.

I'm a bit paranoid about allowing all the javascript necessary to see the https://myredlight.nl/ website properly, but I did see the locations involved:

Quote:
Are you excited to meet one of My Red Light’s sex workers? Visit our windows at buildings no. 17, 19 and 27 at the Oudezijds Achterburgwal and at Boomsteeg no. 1. View the photo gallery to see which sex workers are available at the moment.

Photo gallery! Interesting.....

Posted: 2017-05-16, 9:41 pm

retro Power Kat
Quote:
I'll leave it to you micers to see if you can identity the location and the girls (I know the one on the left, but not the other one)

The rooms look like OZA 117? The girls I've seen working but don't know them.
Posted: 2017-05-16, 10:05 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I'm assuming the website is a placeholder at this point, as the sex workers displayed haven't changed in days and clicking on anything doesn't seem to work. At least I hope so. Could be because I'm on my tablet. But if that's the case, one has to wonder why the fuck they'd make a feature on their site to check the availability of girls in their windows that doesn't work on mobile...
Posted: 2017-05-16, 10:12 pm

molby
I think that's Rosie
Posted: 2017-05-16, 10:31 pm

molby
molby wrote:
I think that's Rosie

On second thoughts...i think it's Alex lol
Posted: 2017-05-16, 10:52 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
grimnul wrote:
I'm assuming the website is a placeholder at this point, as the sex workers displayed haven't changed in days and clicking on anything doesn't seem to work. At least I hope so. Could be because I'm on my tablet. But if that's the case, one has to wonder why the fuck they'd make a feature on their site to check the availability of girls in their windows that doesn't work on mobile...

I don't think those new rooms are due to be in use until the end of May.
Hopefully the site will come to life at that time.

Posted: 2017-05-17, 1:32 pm

simple_fun
Well the website is still in progress. They have 14 windows and they are now interviewing girls. I think once they finalize girls then we can see more details about who is working and when. I also heard it wont be the standard 50 euros. Would be much higher price , maybe more than 100 euros.
50 euros had been in place since ages and I expect a significant increase in basic rate soon.
Posted: 2017-05-21, 12:22 pm

dennis171
Shinken69 wrote:

I don't think those new rooms are due to be in use until the end of May.
Hopefully the site will come to life at that time.

They actually opened on the 17th of May, I was there yesterday and I have to say its dead in the walk through bit there was nobody!

The other windows were occupied but the main area of this new idea was empty.
Posted: 2017-05-21, 7:07 pm

grimnul Power Kat
From what I've read, these new rooms are more expensive than some other rooms, and offer less flexible options (offering less vacation time, requiring girls to pay 48 hours in advance, and so on). As I said before, a lot of the girls either seemed to be completely unaware of the project, or were suspicious of it, if not outright hostile. A certain Romanian sex worker who blogs about this stuff, you know the one, can't link it here, has had several lengthy rants about this project.

It really seems to me like this is something that the girls were not consulted about to see if they even wanted it, much less how it should be run. No sex workers are involved in the actual running of the project, it's all people from the law enforcement community, "experts" in human trafficking, etc. and they've actually gotten some of the old window owners to run the day-to-day, which kind of seems to defeat the entire purpose of the thing to begin with. It seems like this whole thing is just a PR stunt by the mayor and city council. It certainly doesn't seem to be something the girls want, they just want their windows to stay open and for everyone to just piss off and leave them alone.
Posted: 2017-05-22, 12:47 am

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
...Regarding the Guardian article photo location / girls

Quote:
The rooms look like OZA 117?

Yep, OzA 117. That was quick, only 13 minutes after my original post!

Quote:
On second thoughts...i think it's Alex lol

Yes, the girl on the left (OzA 117-M) is definitely naughty Alex with her teasing "€50 to touch, €50 to suck, €50 to fuck" routine. A very slim girl........ her ass does look gorgeous when she turns around - that tiny skirt doesn't cover much and you can see her panties :)

It was expensive but I couldn't resist!

Posted: 2018-12-21, 7:36 pm

Vkcs20
Anyone tried it yet? Is it worth a visit?
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: