Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Brothel in the main rld?
Posted: 2017-12-01, 8:36 pm

Vkcs20
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was reading that there is now a brothel in the main rld?

Has anyone been? Any feedback?
Re: Brothel in the main rld?
Posted: 2017-12-01, 9:25 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I haven’t heard of one. Wasn’t there last month when I was there last as far as I know. Maybe you’re thinking of the new government-run myredlight windows on Boomsteeg? If there is a new prive in De Wallen, though, I’d love to know about it too.
Posted: 2017-12-02, 12:41 pm

docisin
grimnul wrote:
I haven’t heard of one. Wasn’t there last month when I was there last as far as I know. Maybe you’re thinking of the new government-run myredlight windows on Boomsteeg? If there is a new prive in De Wallen, though, I’d love to know about it too.

Me three!
Posted: 2017-12-02, 1:44 pm

Vkcs20
Oh yes, sorry I was referring to my red light scheme!
Posted: 2017-12-02, 4:40 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I visited a girl at OzA 27 a couple of weeks ago (currently writing up a trip report) which is apparently part of this scheme, although I didn't realise this at the time!

Basically as far as punters are concerned, its not really any different to visiting any other red light window.

There was a thread about it here - https://www.ignatzmice.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25261

And the "My Red Light" website is here - https://myredlight.nl/visitor

The rooms are supposedly "beautiful and specious [sic]" although I didn't notice anything different to any other of the refurbished rooms I've been in... maybe it's a "specious" claim ;)

The main point of the scheme is that it's supposed to be for the benefit of the girl's themselves, so any real difference is going to be behind the scenes in terms of rental conditions for the girl e.t.c

Quote:
In the nineties, sex workers in the Red Light District have voiced their wish to start a business that they themselves would be managing.

In June of 2013, the Amsterdam City Council passed the motion (Van Doorninck cs) to assign the municipality’s Executive Board with the task of investigating whether a window prostitution business founded and managed by sex workers could become successful.

http://www.amsterdam.nl/zorg-ondersteuning/prostitutie/

Right now, we are making history as the first Dutch sex workers collective; a group of sex workers who will be renting out rooms together, and independently.

The girl I visited had done the job a few months, she was charging the usual OzA €50 for suck / €100 for suck and fuck although I forget to check if €100 was for half an hour or not (I just asked for CBJ on this visit). She did actually use a timer with an alarm which you don't see very often! She was quite sweet and fairly young, so it would be nice if girls like this can get a bit of support when they rent a room rather than being exploited for maximum rent.... but how different it really is to renting any other room I don't know.

Posted: 2017-12-02, 7:25 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I asked a few girls about the myredlight project during my last trip. The consensus seemed to be that most girls didn’t want to work there because:

A. they don’t trust the government (can’t blame them considering all the Project 1012 nonsense),
B. they’d have to report their entire income and thus pay more taxes, and
C. apparently if you work in one of the government windows, you’re seen as a “traitor”, and the non-government owners may refuses to rent a room to you in the future.

As far as perks for the girls, I was told it’s basically the exact same. Rent is essentially on par with renting any other room. Only difference I heard was that they’re a little more flexible with vacation time. In normal rooms, a girl apparently is only allowed something like 3 weeks of vacation per year if she wants to be able to keep a regular room, though if she’s able to find another girl to substitute for her while she’s away, she can take more time off. In these new rooms, they’re allowed an extra week per year or some such. Also, even if girls are saving on rent using the new windows, since they have to report all their income each day, they have to pay more in taxes, so they’re probably taking a pay cut overall.

So, doesn’t seem like the project is off to a great start. Also, it looks like their website hasn’t been updated at all in forever. There is supposedly functionality to show who’s currently working and in what windows, but the same generic profiles are always listed and clicking on them does nothing.
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: