Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
First trip in 7 years :)
Posted: 2017-09-13, 6:59 pm

Apple Tango
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello, not posted here in a loooong time, however I have my first trip booked for around 7 years to Amsterdam next week. I'm interested to see what has changed, for the better or for the worse.

Anyway, I have a few questions if anyone could be kind enough to help with.

Heineken museum - worth going to? At least one day I'd like to do a touristy thing. Never been to any of the museums apart from the weed one and the sex one. This one takes my fancy.

Places to eat - I don't feel too comfortable going to restaurants on my own (I know I shouldn't care, but I kind of do). So I'm looking for some places in between fast food and a takeaway. Something along the lines of Barburrito or Five Guys or whatever. I think I've heard the Wok2Go or whatever it's called is good?

Weed - I fancy having a joint one night, perhaps in my hotel room if I can get get away with smoking it out of the window. I'm not a big smoker these days (usually sends me paranoid), so I don't want to buy a bag of weed. Where's the best place to pick up a pre rolled joint?

I'm also planning on visiting Park 118 for the first time, as it sounds like a great experience. Probably a thai massage place too. I do love a hot thai girl (wish Cookie was still there).

Cheers
Re: First trip in 7 years :)
Posted: 2017-09-13, 7:18 pm

JayAbz
Apple Tango wrote:
Hello, not posted here in a loooong time, however I have my first trip booked for around 7 years to Amsterdam next week. I'm interested to see what has changed, for the better or for the worse.

Anyway, I have a few questions if anyone could be kind enough to help with.

Heineken museum - worth going to? At least one day I'd like to do a touristy thing. Never been to any of the museums apart from the weed one and the sex one. This one takes my fancy.

Places to eat - I don't feel too comfortable going to restaurants on my own (I know I shouldn't care, but I kind of do). So I'm looking for some places in between fast food and a takeaway. Something along the lines of Barburrito or Five Guys or whatever. I think I've heard the Wok2Go or whatever it's called is good?

Weed - I fancy having a joint one night, perhaps in my hotel room if I can get get away with smoking it out of the window. I'm not a big smoker these days (usually sends me paranoid), so I don't want to buy a bag of weed. Where's the best place to pick up a pre rolled joint?

I'm also planning on visiting Park 118 for the first time, as it sounds like a great experience. Probably a thai massage place too. I do love a hot thai girl (wish Cookie was still there).

Cheers

Hi mate,

It's certainley changed. Probably for the worse, however it's still in my mind one of the greatest cities in the world.

Heineken museum is alright so spend a few hours in, get a few halfs of beer as well if I remember correctly, but it's less of a museum and more of a huge advertisement.
The bols experience is quite good if you are into your spirits.

I'm the same when it comes to food. Wok 2 go is good as is Burger Bar. Can't beat Febo every now and then too!!

Have a great time,

Jay
Posted: 2017-09-13, 9:21 pm

Apple Tango
Cheers Jay, I'll do some research into this Bols place. Never heard of it to be honest.
Posted: 2017-09-14, 10:02 am

Mister Mingeater
Apple Tango wrote:
Cheers

Hello there,
If you are wanting something fairly average just for old times sake then pop into any of the Coffeeshops you pass by and get a ready rolled. They are either tobacco mix or neat - just ask the bud-tender.
Some places are better than others but without knowing where you will be hanging out it's hard to recommend a specific one.
For example, there is Utopia - a small shop with a good quality range and helpful staff - they are approachable for advice if you want to pick something that gives a specific effect, if it's quiet they will roll you one on request, they are at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 132 so accessible from the centre on foot.
Wishing you a fine time !
Mr M

Posted: 2017-09-14, 10:06 am

hnbcm
I recommend the following for a Thai Massage. I always go for the 80 Euro Tantra 1 hour.

http://www.sweetthaimassage.nl/eng/index.html

2 metro stops from New Market Square.
Posted: 2017-09-14, 7:38 pm

glasgowguy_69
You'll certainly notice changes from 7 years ago.

Heineken Museum - my mate and I done this 2 years ago. It's a decent way of spending an hour or so and it certainly ticks the box for doing something 'touristy'. Its well laid out and with the added bonus of a couple of half pints as well.

I don't really smoke so i can't comment on that but i do know most coffee-shops, if not all, do sell at least 1-2 variances of pre-rolled joints.

For eats, as already mentioned go to Burger Bar. If you like Burgers then you'll enjoy it. I prefer the one on Warmoestraat as it is much larger than the one on Nieuw Kolk. Walk 2 Wok is a good option as well plus its easy to take away and eat on the move if you want.

No matter how it goes, be sure to let us all know.

Posted: 2017-09-14, 8:47 pm

Apple Tango
Cheers all.

I've made a note of Burger Bar and Wok 2 Go.

I'm based pretty much slap bang in the RLD, so I'll check out this Utopia place.

I've never got a tram in Amsterdam before so that should be fun trying to get to Sweet Thai Massage :)

Trip report will probably be written when I'm there. A have a few RLD girls on my list too.
Posted: 2017-09-19, 8:38 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Just to emphasize, if you buy prerolled joints make sure to ask if they are pure weed or if they have tobacco mixed in. I personally think the latter is an abomination, but you may disagree.

Posted: 2017-09-20, 9:12 pm

Apple Tango
neurosynth wrote:
Just to emphasize, if you buy prerolled joints make sure to ask if they are pure weed or if they have tobacco mixed in. I personally think the latter is an abomination, but you may disagree.

Back in the day I used to smoke them with rolling tobacco mixed in. I'm a bit scared of a pure one! I remember buying a pre rolled one from AMS ages ago and it was pretty harsh. Maybe due to the tobacco?

Quick question about Sweet Thai Massage for anyone - do I need to book? Or just turn up? Do they let you choose the girl?
Posted: 2017-09-20, 11:32 pm

hnbcm
Quick question about Sweet Thai Massage for anyone - do I need to book? Or just turn up? Do they let you choose the girl?

No need to book. Every time I have been they have had several girls working. Easy to find. Just 2 stops south on the metro from New Market Metro station (or 3 south from Central Station).
Posted: 2017-12-26, 7:23 pm

bendover1004
Cookie is back saw her just over a week ago
Posted: 2017-12-27, 11:27 am

Vkcs20
Lots of kebab places, wok to walk, burgerr bar, and even in the argentinean steak houses where you won’t feel alone! I’m heading there in January on my own!
cookie ?
Posted: 2017-12-27, 5:05 pm

madmax3time
Cookie is back? Is she in her old kamar? Please share details on kamer , days/nights and what days she is off. Is She still hangin her little smurf on the door? She was one of my favorites I had her cousin last year who borrowed the smurf from her but not the same .

Please advise and be safe
Happy hunting
M
Posted: 2017-12-27, 9:08 pm

bendover1004
Apologies if I get the room wrong as I was a little stoned but it was either 9-2 or 7-5 on Doll, working days and the Smurf is there. That’s what got my attention as something in the recesses of my mind said I should know who is behind that curtain. I said you’re back to which she broke into her lovely smile so in I went for a lovely trip down memory lane...
Posted: 2017-12-27, 10:50 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Just my luck, one of the “legends” comes back just after my trip. Hope she sticks around for a while, I probably can’t make it back out until September or so. Never had the pleasure, but after all I’ve heard, I’d love to visit her.
Posted: 2017-12-28, 6:51 pm

bendover1004
I’ll be back through in a couple of weeks and will pop in and get the answer for you Grimmnul
Posted: 2017-12-29, 2:04 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
When I finally saw Cookie she gave a rather stilted performance, like she was going down a list ticking off each box. Maybe we just didn't click, but I didn't see why many felt she was a big deal.

Posted: 2017-12-29, 6:41 pm

bendover1004
I know what you’re saying as performance wise she wouldn’t get in my top 10 but she’s a lovely girl nonetheless
Posted: 2017-12-29, 9:26 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Well, part of it is due to the fact that I haven’t yet managed to see any Asian girls in Amsterdam. Good Asian girls seem to be in short supply these days.
Posted: 2017-12-29, 9:39 pm

docisin
grimnul wrote:
Well, part of it is due to the fact that I haven’t yet managed to see any Asian girls in Amsterdam. Good Asian girls seem to be in short supply these days.

Lots and lots of Asian massage joints; they’ll fuck and suck and rub you; likely more than a “window” girl, but probably worth it...
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: