Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 15 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Is this right Daily Mail article on Amsterdam
Posted: 2018-02-11, 9:29 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
4914C9FC00000578-5376077-image-a-143_1518296623860.jpg
4914C9FC00000578-5376077-image-a-143_1518296623860.jpg [ 48.46 KiB ]
Just read a disturbing articlle in the Sundays Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ooker.html

it says De Wallen id full of trafficked girls they have their passport taken and 95% of earnings taken from them, they are beaten and raped have abortions and charge €95 for sex without a comdom.

Also the English are the worst , they urinate on them and are always drunk , i find a lot of what was wrote hard to be belived , they called the windows " brothels"

I have visited Amsterdam nearly a 100 times over 15 years , and i became close to a few of the girls , most have left now , i really hope the story they wrote is not true , i know there are members on the board who know a lot more of the girls then i do, is there any truth in this

I was not sure of the picture , i think its of the another red light area maybe Reeperbahn, hopefully the story is as false as the picture.

Posted: 2018-02-11, 10:03 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Right off the bat I can tell you that’s bullshit. The girls are required to show their passport every day at the rental office when they get their key. This is done specifically because taking a girl’s passport away so she can’t leave the country is a common tactic amongst traffickers. That article is full of inaccuracies if not blatant misinformation. The police check up on the girls regularly, sometimes multiple times a day, through all of that, there have been only a scant handful of actual convictions for trafficking since prostitution was officially legalized.

Also worth noting, there are organizations like PROUD that act as a de facto union for the girls. The girls and these organizations have been actively protesting Project 1012 and the government’s treatment of sex workers in general. It doesn’t seem very likely to me that girls who are being forced against their will to work as prostitutes would be fighting so hard for their right to work.

Articles like this are basically propaganda.
Re: Is this right Daily Mail article on Amsterdam
Posted: 2018-02-11, 10:20 pm

molby
More sensationalist bollocks written in this so called newspaper, no doubt as per usual blown out of all proportion just to get a story. I wouldn't even wipe my ass with that rag
Posted: 2018-02-11, 10:25 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I mean, I’ve been going to De Wallen for years now, I’m obviously seeing these girls naked and I’ve never seen any girls with obvious bruises, cuts or scars on their bodies. Never seen any girls offering unprotected sex and anecdotally, it seems to be exceptionally hard to find. Also seems like most of the girls have iPhones or other expensive phones. Never seen a cheap flip phone.

So much silliness in that article.
Posted: 2018-02-12, 12:57 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Didn't bother to read the article, but the "loverboy" phenomenon is very real. In the cliche situation this involves a Moroccan guy who seduces a local Dutch girl into being his girlfriend, and then through psychological coercion gets her to work in the windows while he watches football on the couch at home. Given the drop-off in Dutch providers one has to assume this specific phenomenon is also dropping off. Guys who bring girls in from outside of NL are not typically called loverboys.

Posted: 2018-02-12, 1:31 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
So where was that picture taken?
I've never seen neon like that in Amsterdam

the dogs
Posted: 2018-02-12, 2:07 am

grimnul Power Kat
neurosynth wrote:
Didn't bother to read the article, but the "loverboy" phenomenon is very real. In the cliche situation this involves a Moroccan guy who seduces a local Dutch girl into being his girlfriend, and then through psychological coercion gets her to work in the windows while he watches football on the couch at home. Given the drop-off in Dutch providers one has to assume this specific phenomenon is also dropping off. Guys who bring girls in from outside of NL are not typically called loverboys.

Yeah, I’m aware that sort of thing does happen from time to time. That’s not what the article was saying, though. The article was saying these guys get girls in their mid-teens or so from the gutter or rural areas in Eastern Europe, promise them jobs as hairstylists or dancers or whatever, then take their passports, rape, beat, and cut them, take all their money, and force them to work in the windows and have unprotected sex with evil British men who pee on them.

It’s almost comically ludicrous.
Posted: 2018-02-12, 4:09 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
That picture is not Amsterdam.
I've seen it before.
Germany?
I think it is Hamburg.

Weasel

P.S. The English are lots of fun, and almost never pee on me.
They do have a bad habit of vomiting on my boots, but they are otherwise so entertaining that I forgive them.

Posted: 2018-02-12, 7:22 am

jimmy_nova
Why do people even read the Daily Fail!? Absolute complete garbage "newspaper" that literally can't be trusted for accuracy on anything.

There's a reason that it's been banned on Wikipedia, and I know of at least a couple of very popular forums that have banned users from posting links to it for the same reason.

So I suggest getting your information from more reliable sources, and ignoring that shit rag completely.
Posted: 2018-02-12, 10:11 am

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
The picture seems to be from Reeperbahn , proberbly a stock picture , looks like the didnt bother to check where the picture was from.

Posted: 2018-02-12, 11:20 am

Vkcs20
Daily mail...bunch of cock fungus journalists.
Posted: 2018-02-13, 12:55 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
grimnul wrote:
neurosynth wrote:
Didn't bother to read the article, but the "loverboy" phenomenon is very real.....

Yeah, I’m aware that sort of thing does happen from time to time. That’s not what the article was saying, though. ....

Oh no disagreement here, I get that, and considering the source, I didn't even want to spend the time it would take to read the article. I was just pointing out a vaguely similar, and verified, activity.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if one could find a case here or there where some poor girl got trucked in. A good rule of thumb is that if there is a crime you can imagine, someone out there is giving it a try. But everything I've seen and heard says this would be a rarity.

Posted: 2018-02-13, 10:52 am

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I knew when i read it , that it wasnt true and was full of misinformation , i have to say that im glad everyone here agrees with this,

Posted: 2018-02-13, 3:40 pm

grimnul Power Kat
neurosynth wrote:
grimnul wrote:
neurosynth wrote:
Didn't bother to read the article, but the "loverboy" phenomenon is very real.....

Yeah, I’m aware that sort of thing does happen from time to time. That’s not what the article was saying, though. ....

Oh no disagreement here, I get that, and considering the source, I didn't even want to spend the time it would take to read the article. I was just pointing out a vaguely similar, and verified, activity.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if one could find a case here or there where some poor girl got trucked in. A good rule of thumb is that if there is a crime you can imagine, someone out there is giving it a try. But everything I've seen and heard says this would be a rarity.
Exactly. I’m sure it does happen on rare occasion, but it would be very, very uncommon. I’d think Amsterdam would be much less desirable as a place to try something like that too, given all the regulation and monitoring of the girls that goes on. I’d think somewhere where it’s illegal and more underground would be easier to get away with.
Posted: 2018-02-13, 7:13 pm

grimnul Power Kat
So, the certain Romanian window girl with the blog I can’t post here posted a “critique” of this article. Go take a look, those of you who know who I’m talking about. She points out all the flaws in the article quite well.
 [ 15 posts ] 

Jump to: