Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
restaurant reservations?
Posted: 2018-05-07, 4:52 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Is there an app or service to make reservations in Amsterdam like OpenTable?
I'm thinking of Tempo Daloe, Kantjil en de Tigre, and a few more that are famous for long waiting times.
I know I could just call direct, but it would be much easier to type something in and go.

Weasel

Posted: 2018-05-07, 4:44 pm

dlj403
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
weasel9x9 wrote:
Is there an app or service to make reservations in Amsterdam like OpenTable?
I'm thinking of Tempo Daloe, Kantjil en de Tigre, and a few more that are famous for long waiting times.
I know I could just call direct, but it would be much easier to type something in and go.

Weasel

There's nothing with the reach that OpenTable has in the US in the EU. The OpenTable system (usually) integrates with the existing reservation and POS system of a restaurant. OpenTable offers a teaser rate and then charges quite a bit for this -- although on par with what a good hostess makes at a busy restaurant. They haven't thrown that kind of marketing $$ around in Europe, so most places just stay on phone reservations. Also, I think Micron (POS vendor in the US) which integrates seamlessly with OpenTable has a lot less footprint in EU.

Anyway, that's the long way of saying there's not big player in the reservations space (yet) in Europe. There's a few niche players, but no one to the scale that OpenTable has in the US. OpenTable is slowly getting there, I've noticed more restaurants on every visit...

You can try Reserve (add the usual domain suffix) or the reservation systems inside the TripAdvisor or Yelp apps as well. But still won't get you great coverage.
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: