Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 22 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: No longer safe?
Posted: 2018-09-26, 9:34 am

osb
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
funfor2houston wrote:
I don't know if it has been talked about but they are encouraging cars to stay out of the Centrum area . They now have guys directing traffic . I think this is a good idea my friend explained they are trying to get people to use the transportation system , walk or bike . They want to keep the taxi's and tourists that do not know where they are going to just jam traffic up . In early August it was bad and the traffic directors were taking a lot of flak .

And I must confess the transportation system is really good in amsterdam. Most times I am there I stay outside of the centre in a camping place (Camping, Zeegarten, Zuider Ijdick) and go via tram into the city. Takes me around 15-20 Minutes.

grimnul wrote:
Anyone who tries to drive through De Wallen, especially on the weekend, and especially at night is a fucking moron.

Depends why he ended up there. I recall 18 years ago I was also stuck in some small street because my navigation system brought me there. But yeah tehre sure are enough dumbasses who thing it a wonderful idea to drive past the windows.
Re: No longer safe?
Posted: 2018-09-29, 5:30 pm

funfor2houston
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Yes , even during the day you will see the guys out in the fluroscent vests directing traffic . drivers are giving them hell but they are really fair and good people . Our friend explained the end result is they want more people to use public transportation , bikes , walk or scooters.

And true when we were there in August during mid afternoon at Muntplein traffic was stopped because everyone just jammed up . The traffic controller sorted everything out and got things going again .

In the evening at Dam Square seen a taxi driver giving a traffic controller all kinds of hell because the controller stopped the traffic to let people pass safely.

I think you are going to see all cars and taxi traffic stopped in the RLD soon.
 [ 22 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: