Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Schiphol to Centraal Station...
Posted: 2018-11-16, 5:31 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I had someone ask me a few days ago about transfer from Schiphol to CS by train. I have done this so many times I could probably do it in my sleep but my friend was wondering what the average time was between landing and arriving at CS. To be honest I could not give him a decent answer because I never pay too much attention to at that point. Accounting for a minimal delay at passport control and baggage claim would a guess of 75-90 minutes seem about right?

Miles Davis
Re: Schiphol to Centraal Station...
Posted: 2018-11-16, 5:58 pm

rollmech
I would say that sounds about right. Personally as I come from Uk with only hand baggage, go through automatic machine passport control, prepaid travel card, I work on 60 minutes from getting off plane to getting into RLD. Its taken a bit of practise to get to that but thats my average. On short trip all travelling time is not fun time !!
Posted: 2018-11-17, 4:42 pm

dorps
It has never taken me more than 60 minutes. Always around 45-60 minutes.
Always had very small queues at passport control and baggage usually out fairly quickly as well, though I mostly have hand luggage only.
You can buy a train ticket in advance downloaded to mobile or get one from the numerous self-service machines where there is minimal waiting times.
Overall it is one of the smoothest airport -city experiences around!
Posted: 2018-11-19, 4:42 pm

allwrighty2
A lot can depend on the arrival gate at Schiphol. Some involve a very long walk. I'm usually travelling with hand luggage only and usually manage to be CS within an hour.
Posted: 2018-11-21, 3:10 am

officematt2002
My personal best is 45 minutes and I had a checked bag. High in 60, laid in 75. What a great day that was lol.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: