Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
phone sim / network
Posted: 2019-03-18, 7:52 am

twoWanderlusts
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
we're traveling to amsterdam, prague, vienna, budapest. is there any prepaid card that we can buy at the Schipol airport? that would go on through all these cities? mainly need one with a good data bandwidth.. so we can use for navigation.. music streaming, whatsapp calls, etc.

the other option is to take an international pack from our network here.. but a local number there might be easier and more effective i guess.
Re: phone sim / network
Posted: 2019-03-20, 6:04 pm

VanDerHoover
I do believe Lyca Mobile have a kiosk at Schippol. They will set it up with your handset and talk you through all the preloaded offers for data/calls etc prior to purchase.

Happy travels!
Posted: 2019-03-22, 3:31 pm

officematt2002
Are you only transiting through Schiphol? It sounds like you are going into Amsterdam so I would recommend avoiding the airport cell shops and go visit a Vodafone outlet. They offer a few selections and often mark down the prices for prepaid SIM cards due to sales etc. I always go to the one on Kalverstraat and have been happy with what I have received and their coverage is over all of the locations that you will be visiting. To note, the last time that I did go to an airport shop and after asking me what I wanted and what I was doing for travel, they said it would be cheaper to buy a SIM in the city.
Posted: 2019-03-22, 9:55 pm

jimmy_nova
Go with either Lebara or Lyca.

The big providers like KPN and Vodafone are the most overpriced shit around in the Netherlands.
Posted: 2019-04-04, 3:27 pm

twoWanderlusts
thanks for the responses.. although im already back from my trip :p I'd gone ahead with Lyca.. took a 45 euro plan.. with like 6gb data only.. no calls n msgs.

they had a kiosk at the schipol airport. there was one more provider, forgot the name, almost had the same plans. but it was just a bit expensive than Lyca in the higher plans and plus I had more about Lyca so went ahead with it.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: