Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 1 post ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Quick trip report
Posted: 2019-08-07, 10:39 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
After an epic cluster with United and the Austin airport I finally got British Airways into Amsterdam. Arrived about 1800 hrs. Because of the 12 hour delay I changed my first day plans and stayed at the Airport Ibis. Clean comfortable room and a quick check in. Showered and ate and by 2000hrs I decided to just opt for a long nights sleep and be ready for the next 10 days. Great decision on my part as I usually get all beered up and stay awake half the night and get myself way behind on sleep and never catch up. This time I not only had several hours sleep on the plane I also had a solid 9 hours at the hotel. Woke up about 0700 on Saturday loaded up on the hotel shuttle and off to the airport train station. Bought myself a ticket to Centraal Station as well as a ticket to Maastricht for later that morning. Amsterdam on early Saturday morning is always interesting. Bought myself a bus/tram pass then found a shop that sells pipes and lighter. Jumped on the 24 tram to The Pipj. Coffeshop Media has become my first stop the past several years. I really like this place and they have good quality gear. Bought 5 grams of Haze and smoked a couple bowls then headed to Greenhouse on Tolstraat. They were not yet open so I walked around the corner and went into a shop that I dont recall the name only the fact they had a really cute black lady as budtender. Bought a gram of some sort of haze had a smoke and waited for the Greenhouse to open. Finally walked back to the GH bought another 5 grams of some really nice haze. Then walked back to Katsu and made my final 5 gram purchase of yet another type haze. All 4 shops had good gear at a decent price. I like to get out of the centrum and walk around and see other parts of the city. Anyway by noon I was on a train to Maastricht. Connected at Maastricht on to Liege the Verviers Belgium. There I caught the bus to Francorchamps for 10 days of camping and watching car racing as well as some great hiking and just spending time in the Ardennes Forest smoking quality weed. I usually learn a few things each trip and this time I finally conceded that at my age the best thing I can do on the first day is get in the bed in the evening at a decent hour and lay off the beer. I go over each year for car racing either at Spa or Le Mans and I admit this year at Spa was by far the best mission I have had in years.

Miles Davis
 [ 1 post ] 

Jump to: